It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vegetarian/Vegan Recipes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I've recently stopped eating meat again and am once again on a quest for new and exciting recipes.

So, if anyone can offer a veggie recipe, please do!

Here's a recipe for a slaw slurry thing. it's really yummy. Try to use locally grown ingredients!

Slaw Slurry

half a cabbage, diced
shredded carrots (2-3)
quarter of a white onion, diced
three apples, sliced
raisins
sunflower seeds
apple cider vinegar
olive oil
salt and pepper

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I'm a big meat eater, so don't have too many ideas
. The only meal that doesn't contain meat that find really satisfying for dinner is cheese fondue (I guess that makes it vegetarian but not vegan).

I don't really use a recipe anymore, just some Emanthal and Gruyere cheese and flour into the food processor until finely chopped, Pour some white wine into your pot on the stove until simmering, throw in the cheese and add a dash of garlic and black and hot red pepper to taste and stir until thoroughly melted. Serve with cubes of French bread.

Of course you can find many exact recipes through an Internet search.

edit:

Oops, I almost forgot -- add some Kirschwasser at the end. That's the danger of not using a recipe

[edit on 11/23/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I don't really use a recipe anymore, just some Emanthal and Gruyere cheese and flour into the food processor until finely chopped, Pour some white wine into your pot on the stove until simmering, throw in the cheese and add a dash of garlic and black and hot red pepper to taste and stir until thoroughly melted. Serve with cubes of French bread.

Ya, emmenthal and gruyiére fondue with white wine is absolutely heavenly. Throw in some pumpernickel with the french bread and you're good to go.

posted on Dec, 10 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I don't really believe that no-one else has some veggie/vegan recipes to share

Here's another from me:

VEGGIE TACO SALAD

2-3 cups of mixed greens
1 package of soy veggie crumbles
1 package of taco seasoning
1/ red pepper diced
1 green pepper diced
1/2 red onion diced
1-2 tomatoes, chopped
1 cup shredded cheese (marble works, jack works better)
1/2-1 cup of crushed tortilla chips
Chipotle salad dressing/dip to taste

Heat up soy veggie crumbles in hot skillet with 1 tsp of olive oil, add taco mix with 3/4 - 1 cup of water to veggie crumbles, simmer until thickened. In the meantime, toss together greens, red and green peppers, onion and tomatos, cheese and chipotle dressing. Once veggie crumbles are heated and sauce thickened spoon veggie crumbles over your salad. Top with crushed tortilla chips, and maybe a dollop of sour cream and some chopped green onions.

Enjoy!

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Thai fried banana's;

4 semi ripe banana's (should be slightly green and have firm flesh)
Half a lime or lemon's worth of juice
Butter
Brown sugar

1. Melt some butter in a frying pan and peel the banana's- add the banana's to the butter in the pan once the butter is bubbling away.
2. Fry the banana's for a couple of minutes each side, adding the lemon/lime juice while frying.
3. Sprinkle the brown sugar over the banana's to sweeten them up and serve once the banana's are nicely browned on each side (but don't overcook the banana's so they turn to mush) and sugar is absorbed and serve.

It should take you 5minutes to cook, and a couple of minutes for the preparation. These banana's taste gorgeous, sweet with a slightly citric taste, and make a great hot desert or snack

Have you tried eating Quorn before? It is a vegetarian substitute for meat, high in protein but low in fat and tastes pretty good- here's quorn's main page;

www.quorn.com...

It can mean that you can still do all you fav meat receipes but don't have to worry about the fact that you are eating meat.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
yummmmmy desert recipe, thanks

I've never tried Quorn, I checked out the page and it looks tasty and sounds interesting. I'ven ever seen it anywhere and haven't been able to find out if it's sold in Canada, though.

top topics

join