It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was told that both of my Grandfathers were Masons.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by logiclock
This is an interesting site with lots of photographs and ritual info. Very biased, though.

www.freemasonrywatch.org...

I have cruised that site some they do seem a bit biased towards or for Freemasonary. The links in there take you to all kinds of occult sites.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari

Originally posted by TgSoe
Oh yeah! There is another Mason in our family on my wifes side. He's a wealthy business man. Every Mason I know is of outstanding character. Atleast on the surface anyhow.

It's the "mask"
At least that is my take on it. I find Epluribusunums AV to be very ironic when you consider the fact that he claims to be in the know and a mason himself and yet he shares so much.

That picture perfect character is a front, a mask.... when someone is a "good citizen" people never suspect them of anything.

That way if someone reveals some dark masonic secret people laugh it off, because they can't imagine that a group that does so much good on the surface could really have such ill intentions.

That is the way I see it.

Is it possible that the real Epluribusunim is George Bush Senior. When I watched the movie Sculls1 and 2, They used those shining red robes. Do Masons really have Ill intentions or do they just want to have more fun than the law allows?

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 10:57 PM
link   
..My grandfather was also a Mason, I remm. when he passed they had a Masonic service. But it seems he wasn't the only one, my mother just recieved a box of old stuff that belonged to her Mother, it had a Family Bible some photo's, an actual Civil War Honorable Dischage "banner" and to my surprise a Master Mason's Diploma..it's quite large, about 22" x 26" and has many symbolic graphics, the ladder intrigued me the most (to pliedes??..7 sisters) and the alter made from a broken column with the "Angel of Death" behind a young maiden..It was never filled in but I believe there was a legacy in my family that stopped with my grandfather.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 12:49 AM
link   
got any pics?

weird name

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I'm considering it NuTroll
..I was wondering , After looking at the Bible I've decided it may not be a "Family" Bible after all, the history is not filled in which even my mother found 'strange.
It is/was (the binding is in bad shape) a Very nice bible with thick leather facing intricatly carved. Could this Bible and that MM Diploma have a connection?

**note , alot of this stuff is from the late 1800's post civil-war era.
It's all kinda wierd, there are several Bibles depicted on the Diploma, the Main one open to psalms, which seems to be the whole theme of the Diploma, "Yea , though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of death, I will fear No evil:"
there's a guy lying on the ground with a "staff" beside him. The symbolism is ALL over the place, very interesting to say the least.

[Edited on 16-12-2003 by wOOdhAk]

[Edited on 16-12-2003 by wOOdhAk]

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 03:36 AM
link   
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Leveller

Sorry dude. But you're wrong.
When you become a freemason you're specifically told that your family and your country come before any allegiance to masonry.
I don't know what you've read that says otherwise but it ain't the truth.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually you're quite wrong... I have here in front of me my book of guidelines to freemasonry as I myself am of a significantly high rank. Under the Charges of a Freemason: Chapter VI: Section 5: Paragraph 1; it documents the concerns of the Lodge come before family and social activity, your comment on ones patriotism towards his country, under the Chrages of a Freemason: Chapter II: Paragraph 1: Sentence 2; "He is to uphold the interest of the community , and zealosy to promote the prosperity of his own country". Therefore, a mason is obligated by the lodge to treat both the lodge and interests of the community as well as his country as equals. Decretal.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Leveller is right in the UK, family and religion come ahead of all English masonry (if the Mason choses that for himself of course).

B

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by benjj
Leveller is right in the UK, family and religion come ahead of all English masonry ...B

He is correct in the States also, one only needs remember that which was asked him just before he took each oath and the assurance he was given by the Master of the Lodge.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Actually you're quite wrong... I have here in front of me my book of guidelines to freemasonry
( and the title of this book woud be?)
as I myself am of a significantly high rank.
(And what rank would that be).
Under the Charges of a Freemason: Chapter VI: Section 5: Paragraph 1;(not the book of constitutions then?)
it documents the concerns of the Lodge come before family and social activity,
(In no regular masonic Journal is that idea put forward. On the contrary it states quite the opposite.)
your comment on ones patriotism towards his country, under the Chrages of a Freemason: Chapter II: Paragraph 1: Sentence 2; "He is to uphold the interest of the community , and zealosy to promote the prosperity of his own country". Therefore, a mason is obligated by the lodge to treat both the lodge and interests of the community as well as his country as equals. Decretal. (absolute twaddle. if you are of such a significantly high rank and not just managed to get hold of a Lodge book, I suggest you go back to basics and re-read the whole lot again from scratch.)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join