It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was told that both of my Grandfathers were Masons.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 01:44 AM
link   
what i suggest is to take your time, there is no rush.

there are men that become freemasons when they are 65-70 years old, there are men that become freemasons when they are 18. (like my younger brother)

I am almost 23 and have been pondering the issue for about 5 years, but im not in a rush to join.

One thing that's for sure, its a serious decision to make.
Good luck with it.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I found out Dave Thomas was a mason, does this mean that eating at Wendy's is.......EVIL!?

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 01:23 PM
link   
That depends on which sause YOU put on your homestyle chicken strips. If you take 'Heartland Ranch' sauce you're on the good side. However if you see someone put 'Deli Honey Mustard' sauce on the homestyle chicken strips then this person could be evil. Someone who uses 'Spicy Southwest Chipotle' most certainly worshippes Sam.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by VanishingPoint
I found out Dave Thomas was a mason, does this mean that eating at Wendy's is.......EVIL!?

I don't eat meat any way so I don't have to worry that stuff. But if I wanted to join, can I do it on my own? Is there an official website for them? I did both a Google and Teoma search and I can't find anything.

[Edited on 16-11-2003 by NewBorn]

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewBorn
I don't have to worry about my soul being dammed by both of my Grandfathers membership in some clandestine organization enshrowded in deep secretcey right?

Your grandfathers and others that you know that are Masons:

Masonry aside, are they good people or bad people? Do they seem better or worse than the average person you know who isn't a Mason?

I think those are important questions to answer before comming to any conclusions about Masonry.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mycroft

Originally posted by NewBorn
I don't have to worry about my soul being dammed by both of my Grandfathers membership in some clandestine organization enshrowded in deep secretcey right?

Your grandfathers and others that you know that are Masons:

Masonry aside, are they good people or bad people? Do they seem better or worse than the average person you know who isn't a Mason?

I think those are important questions to answer before comming to any conclusions about Masonry.

Both of my Grandfather died shortly after I was born. I've been asking questions about them for years and my Family has either derailed my questions or didn't answer me. I sometimes get paranoid wondering if I'm apart of some kind of surreal movie like conspiracy.

The elders of my family are very secretive and I've always been the black sheep because I don't subcribe to their school of thought and I don't take part in familly gatherings.

I came to this site looking for answers because my life has been a strange and misrable one. I sometimes wonder if I'm in hell but not aware of it. I need answers because I'm not sure about anything or anyone anymore.

Maybe I'm insane for feeling this way but deep down inside I don't think that is the case at all.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ashlar
Firstly you will never be invited to join, so dont wait for an invite, even if your father was the grand master of london, he will not invite you to join, as it goes against the major rule that you can never invite or recruit someone into freemasonry.
You must ask a freemason if you want to join, any one can join, but nobody can be invited.

Its like this: A president wont be approached/invited to join masonry, but a taxi driver who seeks membership will most probably be accepted.

Actually this is wrong, In the US, to join the lodge, all you have to do is ask a mason. It used to be by invite only, not anymore.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 04:46 AM
link   
yes thats what i was saying: the motto:

2 - b - 1 - ask - 1

that is the case here, but i was not aware that it used to be on invite only

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 05:03 PM
link   
originally posted by NewBorn:
But if I wanted to join, can I do it on my own? Is there an official website for them? I did both a Google and Teoma search and I can't find anything.

If my memory serves me correct, there's a pretty grueling initiation to become a member. They also have restrictions on race and religion, and if you discuss Masonic rituals to a non-Mason, they cut off your tongue.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 10:28 PM
link   
there used to be a race restriction.. but not anymore.. but like anywhere, if your in an african american community, guess what , the local lodge will probably be predominantly african american.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 11:02 PM
link   
But if I wanted to join, can I do it on my own? Is there an official website for them? I did both a Google and Teoma search and I can't find anything.

If my memory serves me correct, there's a pretty grueling initiation to become a member. They also have restrictions on race and religion, and if you discuss Masonic rituals to a non-Mason, they cut off your tongue.

first off you could try this website.

www.nvmasons.org...

and secondly there is no gruelling initiation, no restriction on race or religion and you dont get your tongue cut out, as thousands of newspaper reporters over the years have found out

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 06:47 AM
link   
it seems to me that if your whole family is somehow involved in it, and you didnt know until someone told you, then stay out of it

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I have never heard of anyone recruiting masons...you have to ask a Mason
to Join and then you are invited. After giving 2 references and some payperwork and a little cash you are in. You can now hang with the elders.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The 32 degree Mason (ex-inlaw) that I know is an outstanding car salesman.

And the other Mason I know whom I met doing a small job for. Makes the best biscuits I have ever eaten. That really pissed his wife of too. My brother and I raved about his biscuits and she dispised it. When we gave him the bill for the job he told us it was too much. He never did fully pay us for that job. Those were some darn good biscuits though and sausage too.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Oh yeah! There is another Mason in our family on my wifes side. He's a wealthy business man. Every Mason I know is of outstanding character. Atleast on the surface anyhow.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by VanishingPoint

so what do they do if you post about masonic rituals with a non mason? cut off your fingers?
How do they knowwhat all of your aliases are online?
Seriously.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TgSoe
Oh yeah! There is another Mason in our family on my wifes side. He's a wealthy business man. Every Mason I know is of outstanding character. Atleast on the surface anyhow.

It's the "mask"
At least that is my take on it. I find Epluribusunums AV to be very ironic when you consider the fact that he claims to be in the know and a mason himself and yet he shares so much.

That picture perfect character is a front, a mask.... when someone is a "good citizen" people never suspect them of anything.

That way if someone reveals some dark masonic secret people laugh it off, because they can't imagine that a group that does so much good on the surface could really have such ill intentions.

That is the way I see it.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I thought E claimed he wasnt one?

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 04:43 AM
link   
NewBorn,

As a mason myself I can tell you that nearly ALL of the information given on this and other threads by so called 'experts' is total rubbish.

What is true is that you will never be asked to join, you must make that decision by yourself. Whilst there are secrets and certainly initiations, none of them are 'gruelling'.

Decide for yourself, you would certainly make a great addition to the craft with your naturally inquisitive nature. As for people claiming that their grandfather is a 33rd etc, all total rubbish. See my other posts as there are only 33 33rd degree masons in the UK, US and all other countries at any one time. In order to be raised to the sublime degree of 33rd you must be invited by the others, and only then once one of the 33rd degree members has died.

Good luck in your decision and research, I'm sure you'll make the right decision FOR YOU.

Ben

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 05:44 AM
link   
This is an interesting site with lots of photographs and ritual info. Very biased, though.

www.freemasonrywatch.org...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join