It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was told that both of my Grandfathers were Masons.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Does that make me a legacy? It's strange because throughout my entire adult life I've met Masons who apeared to have been tyring to recruit me. Is this a coincidence or am I overthinking?

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I would say that anyone who is a descendant of a group of people who go way back is a legacy only if that person actually manifests the group think! If you don't officially belong to this Mason group, you perhaps would be no legacy, as you would not be expressing their ideals. If you were trying to be recruited, then maybe the Mason group wants you as a member. I don't think it's a coincidence the Masons want you as a member, if that's where your forefathers come from. If you know what the Masons are about, you have a choice to join, but I would say don't make haphazard decisions without prior knowledge about all issues!

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 02:11 PM
link   
But my entire life has been a strange one. I recently went to see someone in my family about my problems and they revealed this information about my Grandfathers. When I told afriend of mine they told me that they can't be associated with me because I'm cursed until I make a decision. My Girlfriend told me Freemasons are evil. but another friend told me the freemasons are the protectors of all things good.

I don't know what to believe, but I question if the freemasons are the reason for my chaotic and complicated life.

I feel like Forrest Gump because of the wierd and crazy things I've experienced in my life.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 04:38 PM
link   
NewBorn this is a decision that is yours and yours alone. Don�t do something because someone else did even If it�s your family members. If your relatives where high ranking members in Freemasonry, they will defiantly be trying to recruit you.

It is a wise decision on your part to not join into something before you know anything about it. Freemasonry is shrouded in secrecy. It will take careful study into the topic before you can reach a good conclusion.

Me personally, I would not join because it is based on a hierarchy based on secrets. What one person knows on one degree differs from what a person knows below it. It is rumored that no one really knows the true meaning of all the symbolism and the rituals until you are a high-ranking member in Masonry.

Personally I am of the opinion that Freemasonry isn�t something for me to join. Because I do not like the fact that so many powerful members of society were and are members of Masonry and other similar societies. That these societies are based on secrets and there members swore allegiance to there brethren. Seemingly over there country and there families.

But this is of course my opinion based on what I�ve read and seen. The decision is yours and yours alone. .

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I just wanted to know if all the crazy things I've heard is true. I was recently told about all of this and I never had a converstation about thes secret groups until my relative opened her mouth. I personally don't believe in anything I can't see for myself.

But if there is truth in what I was told and its possible because the people I know seem upset when I brought the subject up then I want to know what is the whole deal?

I work for a living and I pay my taxes and my bills. My life shoun't be complicated but the question still lingers what is a freemason and what are they about? And most important is:why does this have an effect on my life?

I'm a simple man and I want a simple life is that too much to ask?

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I know several freemasons. I am being totally honest when I say this. There is nothing wrong or different about them. They are not satan worshipers. They are not trying to take over the world. Its just a group. I know the theory might have something to do with senior members of the freemasons, but even there I find it hard to believe there is a conspiracy.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by oconnection
That these societies are based on secrets and there members swore allegiance to there brethren. Seemingly over there country and there families.

Sorry dude. But you're wrong.
When you become a freemason you're specifically told that your family and your country come before any allegiance to masonry.
I don't know what you've read that says otherwise but it ain't the truth.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Aren't there something like 2 million freemasons in america? thats 1 in 150. That seems like a pretty large number to me and if any control were to be exerted over the world by freemasonry, we would probably feel it. It's just a group of men who get together and plan events to help their community. Now if your grandpa's were like 33rd degree'ers or Knights Templar that might be cause to get a little excited, otherwise youre just like millions of other americans related to freemasons.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I don't have to worry about my soul being dammed by both of my Grandfathers membership in some clandestine organization enshrowded in deep secretcey right?

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Yup. Look around at all beemers and benzos with the mason emblems on 'em though. you know something's up. why not just join? you could always quit. you never know, you could be like freemasons "the one" advancing through the degrees quickly until your in a position of extreme societal control within a matter of years. hell yeah..

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller

That these societies are based on secrets and there members swore allegiance to there brethren. Seemingly over there country and there families.

Sorry dude. But you're wrong.
When you become a freemason you're specifically told that your family and your country come before any allegiance to masonry.
I don't know what you've read that says otherwise but it ain't the truth.

Really then maybe you could tell my grandfather that.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller

Not in Europe.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 07:05 PM
link   
In the UK you are told exactly that.
Last time I looked, the UK was in "Europe".

[Edited on 13-11-2003 by Leveller]

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 07:10 PM
link   
brings up the whole Mason thing it would be safe for me to join? I don't have to worry about worshipping the devil or virgin sacrifices or drinking goats blood? These are some of the crazy things I've heard.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I don't believe that sort of stuff takes place. Atleast in the lower levels
. First off why would you want to join?

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I don't believe that sort of stuff takes place. Atleast in the lower levels
. First off why would you want to join?

I never said I wanted to join, I'm only asking questions.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Although they say Masonry is not to be joined in attempt to gain materially or otherwise, you would join because there are so many prominant figures in society who are masons. Many police oficers are masons, are you not taught to do anything in your power to help a brother? The fact that there is a degree of "special privalege" inferred in rumors about masonry is enough to make one wish to join.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 08:31 PM
link   
How do I go about it? Do I have to wait until I come across another Mason or can I just seek membership myself?

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Firstly you will never be invited to join, so dont wait for an invite, even if your father was the grand master of london, he will not invite you to join, as it goes against the major rule that you can never invite or recruit someone into freemasonry.
You must ask a freemason if you want to join, any one can join, but nobody can be invited.

Its like this: A president wont be approached/invited to join masonry, but a taxi driver who seeks membership will most probably be accepted.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashlar
Firstly you will never be invited to join, so dont wait for an invite, even if your father was the grand master of london, he will not invite you to join, as it goes against the major rule that you can never invite or recruit someone into freemasonry.
You must ask a freemason if you want to join, any one can join, but nobody can be invited.

Its like this: A president wont be approached/invited to join masonry, but a taxi driver who seeks membership will most probably be accepted.

Ok but my experience has always been I'd bee in school or working and someone will start telling me about the masons and they show their ring and talk about how it's beneficial. I didn't think of it at the time but now I look as that as recruitment. Is it normal for Freemasons to strike up such conversations? My friend; the one that says I need to make a decision says these people are trying to recruit me because I'm a legacy. He's the one that told me the majority of the crazy stuff I've heard.

I've known this guy for many years and I don't think he's a liar but he does come up with these insane theories like the Matrix is a metaphore for modern day life. I on the other hand think its entertainment. He says nothing in life is a coincidence and I sometimes feel the same way.

I'm really curious about this stuff now because when I was a child I often asked questions about my familly but my older relatives are very tight lipped and secretive themselves. This is an annoyance as well as agreat mystery for me. This is why I seek insight.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join