It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Code in the Bible

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Back in '97 I read "The Bible Code." It claimed researchers, with the aid of computers, had cracked a secret code written into the texts of the bible. Kind of like subliminal programming. I don't discount the possibility.

The bible, both the Tannakh and the New Testament is so full of codes it's difficult to read it normally when you see some of them. I'll explain one of them later in this post....

I do also remember it predicted the assassination of Benjamin Netanyahu. He was the Israeli Prime Minister at the time.

First off, it wasn't Netanyahu who was murdered, it was Y. Rabin. Secondly it wasn't found in a code that needed computers to be solved, but simply by reading the Torah how it was meant to be read. Without the blank spaces. You see originally, the Torah was written without vowels and spaces. One syllable after the other. Also, after the return from Babylon, the Jews divided the Torah into Sabbath portions or Parashim, so that all of the Torah was read in a year (or three years there are atleast two variants) in the synagogues and the Temple.

When you read the Torah without the blank spaces, new words form between the other words, and some guy whom I have forgotten the name of managed to find a message that predicted the exact dato and whereabouts for Rabin's assasination because of this. Even how many shots that would kill him. The Hebrew language is designed in this way. Possibly for this purpose. There are many other codes in the Bible too. Few of them needs computers to be solved, but some do. Originally there was a strict rule about how the Tannakh should be written. Few of these rules are kept in regard today. They have even Babylonized it by replacing God's name, YHWH, with Ba'al's name, Lord. The New Testament has been given much the same treatment. Matthew for instance was originally written in Hebrew, and everywhere it referred to the Septuaghint God's name was written, not Lord. Where Jesus is refered to as Lord, Master or Teacher was probably used.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeenBekkemaa
I do dismiss the possibility. The book itself is made 400 years after... and consists out of all kinds of old texts. Those texts weren't with eachother... they were made at different places... at different times... that's also why you see a real story in it...

Right, but wrong. When Babylon destroyed the Temple during the reign of Nebukadnezzar, they also destroyed their libraries. When the Jews returned, Ezra the scribe lead by the Spirit of God elected a handful of gifted writers. Together they rewrote 70 books. Among them many of the books of the Tannakh. All books in the Bible contains deliberate codes and subliminal messages to the the gifted.

Therefore that it looks like there is a code in it, is for myself just the confirmation that we have computers, computers which can search for words and then can draw lines between them...

Few of the codes in the bible needs a computer to be solved. The bible is written in a tradition we have almost lost. The Masons and like still write in this manner, hiding "hidden manna between the lines." The Koran also contains advanced and sophisticated codes.

The same happens to every book (yes I know that it is said that it only works for the Bible etc. but that's something I am really not going to buy) hundreds of thousands of books, and the bible looks just like them, a story that's what's it about, even written by menkind.

Now you speek about Michael Drosnin's Torah code I guess. And people say that you need a computer to solve them. Bull! All you need is to write the books in columns. Different columns different messages.

I think that the so-called biblecode does work for every book, it's just the work of computers.... that's my thought.

Not for every book. Not like that. But Moby Dick works and a couple of other modern works. These codes have been known from the start.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven
There was a quote from the movie Pi that fits this topic

"If you look for a pattern long enough in a set of data, eventually all you will see is that pattern"

If you look for something long enough your brain starts discarding things that dont support your theory or concept, no matter how valid they are.

Indeed. If you set up a computer to punch random letters, sooner or later, Hamlet or even the Bible will occur, but it would take so long time there wouldn't be breath in your nose to read it.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 01:45 PM
link   

The things of God are beyond the thoughts of men who walk the earth. The veil will drop one day.

Or was it the other way around? Remember that every letter and every word in Hebrew and all the other classic languages had numerical values. And not without cause. For numbers emerged before letters. And the numbers became letters. For instance every name on Christendom is compatible with ten times the numerical value of the name of Jesus in Greek, i.e. 8880. If you can find patterns in nature and explain it with numbers, so you can with words and letters. It's not magic, it's language. It's the Hidden Manna.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Jubilee,

agreed, other books must be taken at random and tested in this same fashion for coding.

who knows maybe it is part of all written material and manifests in the unknown or subconscious state of writing and being?

does anyone know of efforts to replicate this coding with other literature?

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 01:54 PM
link   

When the Bible Code, indeed said to be deciphered from the Old Testament, predicted that Netanyahu would be assassinated,

Again it was Rabin who was killed, not Netanyahu, and it wasn't the ever infamous Torahcode of Drosnin who reveiled it, it was a very simple code in the Torah that has been known for thousands of years. May God forbid that Netanyahu is killed because some people didn't know the difference between fact and illusion.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Ah, touche'. Some would say non-belief in God is the ultimate stupid beyond belief. To each his own.

A wise kid!

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikromarius
There are many other codes in the Bible too. Few of them needs computers to be solved, but some do.

I disagree. You saw the movie, "A beautiful Mind", right? "Codes" can be found in anything. But are they really codes? I think not, in most cases. If you wanted to, you could consider every presidential speech "code", but you'd surely be wasting your time trying to decipher it, since it would probably be nothing more than a delusion.
If I wanted to waste alot of time, I'd bet you that many Stephen King books have something that could be considered "code". If you rearrange or patternize letters, they're always going to spell something eventually. That's what they were meant to do. I'm sure I could find many words throughout any book. Especially if I can choose any number to start with. If no good words come up with that number, I can just use a different one. That's no more "code" than the magazine articles Russel Crowe mistook for code, in his delusional state.

[Edited on 11-18-2003 by Satyr]

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Worry not, MCoy. As we used to say in the Army, the only dumb question is the one not asked. Always seek knowledge. Always seek wisdom.

And here in Norway we have a saying which says "One fool can ask more than ten wise men can answer". Never stop asking questions.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr
I disagree. You saw the movie, "A beautiful Mind", right?

No, I didn't see that movie. You assume that everyone is as limited as yourself. That everyone needs to see a movie or read a secular work to understand the hidden things in God. God reveils what he reveils to those he want. I have foud several codes in the Bible, and many of these codes are well known. Enter your chamber and write down the phonetic spelling of each letter how you learned the Alef Bet. You'll see that every letter are words and every word is like a book. Go on from there and see what is being hidden in the world today. You'll be amazed. And you'll feel very small! This is just one of the codes they invented languages and Alef Bets to express.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
But researchers have found a whole set of "lying codes" in the bible code, that say things like "god is dead" and "god is satan."

Which are both correct in a relative context. Jesus died, but he is alive. God is a satan many places in the Bible. Satan means simply adversary. If you keep the Law, God is Salvation. If you brake the Law, God is a satan. Blessings, and curses you know. Have you even read the book you debunk the hidden contents of?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrJingles
The Bible was written in Latin originally wasnt it? Taking a Latin class at school Latin like most other foreign languages can be interpreted and translated in many different ways. If there was a code is likely in the most original bible around, otherwise these predictions are of human invention.

Wow! Where is this world heading????? NO THE BIBLE WAS NEVER WRITTEN IN LATIN. THE POPE's BIBLE WAS!

Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek. Latin was just Abra Cadabra Majick to secure the pope's position as the prince of this world. None of the regulars knew Latin, therefore they read the bible in Latin in the curia.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I disagree. You saw the movie, "A beautiful Mind", right?

No, I didn't see that movie. You assume that everyone is as limited as yourself. That everyone needs to see a movie or read a secular work to understand the hidden things in God.

I'm not assuming anything. I'm implying that it's either delusional, or wishful thinking. I think you misunderstood. You need to see the movie. I won't spoil it for you, since you haven't seen it.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 02:31 PM
link   

According to the book, this code predicts major events such as the assassination of Prime Minister Rabin and comet SL9's collision with Jupiter. But is a comet impacting Jupiter really a "major event?" If not for the telescope, we wouldn't even have known about it, and aside from arousing everyone's curiosity - including mine, I confess I watched it in fascination through my own telescope - it had no effect at all on life on Earth. Yet, Drosnin found it several times. Or did he?

If you have a telescope, what would that say about what God has? And about a comet being absorbed by Jupiter, that's not a major astrolnomical event? How often does this happen in your world? I'd say the incident itself with all of it's preludium would be an enormous event.

So, what kind of beer would Jesus drink?

I don't know about Jesus, but David bought his in Babylon

Blessings,
Mikrmarius

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I'm not assuming anything. I'm implying that it's either delusional, or wishful thinking. I think you misunderstood. You need to see the movie. I won't spoil it for you, since you haven't seen it.

Nah... I don't like watching movies much. I'd rather read a book....

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 02:37 PM
link   

If you have a telescope, what would that say about what God has? And about a comet being absorbed by Jupiter, that's not a major astrolnomical event? How often does this happen in your world? I'd say the incident itself with all of it's preludium would be an enormous event.

It's more, what most would refer to, as a major non-event. Also, it's a very vague "prediction", as most of them are. You might as well take scrabble pieces, throw them up in the air, and see what it spells when they land. I'd use this deciphering method to show you many unintentional codes in many writings, if I wanted to waste alot of my time. I'd rather listen to AC/DC backwards, though.

[Edited on 11-18-2003 by Satyr]

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 02:52 PM
link   

You might as well take scrabble pieces, throw them up in the air, and see what it spells when they land.

Try doing that with faith once. It's quite interresting. The Urim and Tummim were so accurate they could tell the difference between colors and stones it says. These were only two lotts. What then when we have 22, 26 or 29?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   

You might as well take scrabble pieces, throw them up in the air, and see what it spells when they land.

Try doing that with faith once. It's quite interresting. The Urim and Tummim were so accurate they could tell the difference between colors and stones it says. These were only two lotts. What then when we have 22, 26 or 29?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

So far, the code is about as accurate as a Ouija Board. I think it holds about as much merit. Of course, god could easily convince all nonbelievers that he exists with one good irrefutable magic trick. Yet, only those who really want to believe ever claim to have seen any miracles. This is yet another reason I don't believe it. Desperate people have a way of convincing themselves of anything, just as an abused child can repress memories, or even invent an alternate childhood.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Quote: "Since I believe the entire universe is mathematical anyways, everything can be reflected in numbers."

Neo - what is your opinion on the Pythagoreans? Pythagoras preached the above statement - as well as "All in the Universe is Mind - Represented by Numbers" - The "Cult" that grew around this Theology were called the "Mathematikoi".

P.S. Latin - as well as English = International Language of SCIENCE - how could you neglect this fact? Granted the Greek & Hebrew Quabalah is Powerfull - you can't deny that the Latin & English ALPHABETS are exactly the same = ASCII!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Hi,

I have seen enough from the Bible Codes to believe that there is, in fact, information about the future encoded in the Torah by God (Yhwh) 3000 years ago. I think God put it in there to show that He is the "Ancient of Days" as another testimony to who He is.

I think we have stumbled on to some of the associations in the past 10 years, but we don't have any official key yet. We are getting only a first
level set of associations of names that appear together so far. They are far more accurate in this framework when looking at recent past events, but it really takes the full key to the code to be able to say that the word associations in a given text predict the future. For example, the year 2000 codes had both Gore and Bush near the word President. You have to know the full construction of the code to know exactly what it would say about who wins for certain. We are looking at only the tip of the iceberg in the codes. I think there is layer upon layer of history encoded in the torah in incredible detail.

As for finding codes in other books, you may get lucky finding one or two in another major tome, but none like the concentration found in the Torah. There is also a devil who knows about the code God put in the Bible. With that in mind, the best way to delude the public about the validity of the Bible is to help other authors create books that have other examples so people can point to these and discount the encoding. Again, no other writings have the concentration of codes that the Torah has.

God intended us to be able to look back at recent events and tell that He had in fact inspired His word in the Bible. He did not intend us to fully decode it for the future so we don't have and likely will not figure out the full key --- ever.

God put the codes in as a testimony to the last days people that He, in fact, is the Ancient of Days, the Potentate of Time, but that we must trust Him for our futures, for our eternity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join