It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Bonds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I wasn't sure which board to post this in, but anyway,

I had a conversation with a savy investor type and was told about certain US bonds that were issued during WWII. The amounts printed on the bonds are quite sustantial. 1million$ and above. I do not think that these bonds were sold or distributed to normal citizens and they were apparently used as "loans" for funding the war. I have searched around, but have been unable to find anything about this. The kicker is that supposedly the money for the bonds has been allocated, but are awaiting a signature of the president. Now , what he says is that the individuals that are in possesion of these bonds were told the value is nix. Also, certain companies which are supposed to be connected to Bush are buying the bonds as either collectibles or other reasons and once they have collected the desired amount, then some piece of paper gets signed to release the funds and the bonds will then be able to be redeemed. He did not say if they were War Bonds or gold bullion bonds or whatever, but I don't know of any war bonds sold during WWII with that large of value. I hope someone can prove this right or wrong. Either way I'd like to know. If I find something new I will post it.

new topics

join