It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CCW Permits, Road towards police state

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 03:32 PM
link   
hey silk:

www.dvc.org.uk...

get a cap-and-ball revolver.

before is banned because,

"And the thought that with this weapon in the wrong hands those exploding melons could have been people, sent a shiver down my spine."

DUHHHH!!!!!

Even a knife 1 inch long is DANGEROUS IN THE WRONG HANDS!

How stupid these people are, the have NO LOGIC what-so-ever!

Originally posted by Silk
Late in here to this thread - but from the UK. Here hand gun ownership is ILLEGAL. There has never existed such a thing as the CCW. Likewise automatic weapons (rifles) are also illegal. Shotgun licences are legal for Farmers and Sport (Skeet) shooters but ownership of such weapons and particularily storage of such guns is very tightly controlled. Why ? - do a google search on the following names - Dunblane and Hungerford.

I will add that our police generally do ot carry weapons with certain exceptions - diplomatic/anti terrorist/Fire Arms Squad. This is true today and has been since the 19th century when the concept of Policing was invented.

As a sport shooter I will say that most of our recent legislation was a reaction to "columbine" type incidents - and probably as a criminal its pretty easy to get hold of an ex-soviet hand gun for illegal purposes.

Then again it is also illegal in this country to carry a knife - pocket or otherwise over a certain length.

Does this help ?

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Hey BTWT, do you belong to a militia like the Patriots or whatever theyre called?

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 09:01 PM
link   
[edit on 9-16-2004 by BeingWatchedByThem]

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 01:21 PM
link   
heres a fine example that backs up my point about gun control:
www.afn.org...

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Wisconsin Governor Vetoes Bill Allowing Concealed WeaponsWisconsin Governor Vetoes Bill Allowing Con

Wisconsin Governor Vetoes Bill Allowing Concealed Weapons, Says It Could Threaten Safety

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Another reason to open-carry!

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I own a handgun. I openly carry my loaded handgun. Many here do. Only criminals and tyrants need fear an armed citizenry.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join