It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Faking Terror in the Philipines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I've been following this story for awhile now. It has to do with the CIA fomenting terror in the Philipines. It's the same game used elsewhere to bring enough pressure to bear on the Philipine government to link with the US and to pass anti-terror legislation.

Q: Why did the White House rescue and hide Michael Meiring, the CIA-linked American "terrorist" bomber now wanted in Mindanao?

A: The Pentagon wants new bases in Asia, and it is killing civilians to get them.

US FAKING TERROR IN PHILIPPINES
Meiring case unmasks covert campaign to justify intervention
By Craig Hanley, October 10, 2002.

Filipino media can't keep up with American spook sightings. Despite official denials, one story from Mindanao will not go away:

American blast victim in Davao tagged as terrorist.
Jun Bersamin, Radio dzMM, September 27, 2002.

DAVAO CITY - The City Prosecution Office on Friday tagged the American victim of an explosion in his hotel room four months ago as a terrorist.

City Prosecutor Raul Bendico said findings from the investigation of the case indicated that Meiring apparently attempted to set up explosives intended to blow up Evergreen Hotel when the accidental explosion went off, mangling his lower limbs.

Michael Meiring, 65, of California, was rushed to Davao Medical Mission Hospital on May 16 after the blast inside his room at the hotel located on Ramon Magsaysay Avenue here.
the rest: www.defendsison.be...

Philippines intelligence chief quits

The chief of army intelligence in the Philippines has resigned after last weekend's failed mutiny by 300 soldiers.
Brigadier-General Victor Corpus, who was accused by the mutineers of incompetence and involvement in a bombing campaign, denied the allegations but said "deep restiveness" remained within the army's officer corps.

President Gloria Arroyo accepted his resignation but asked him to remain in the military.

A spokesman for the Philippines military, Lt Gen Rodolfo Garcia, told the BBC's East Asia Today programme that some of the mutineers' complaints were justified.

"Indeed there is corruption and graft in the armed forces. This is something that is a concern," he said.

But he denied the mutineers' claim that General Corpus, together with Defence Secretary Angelo Reyes, staged a series of bomb attacks on the southern island of Mindanao, which were then blamed on Muslim rebels.
the rest: news.bbc.co.uk...

Philippine defence minister quits

Philippine Defence Secretary Angelo Reyes has resigned, warning of what he calls a well-organised effort by certain forces to bring down the country's democracy.

Mr Reyes' resignation makes him the second senior government casualty since hundreds of renegade soldiers held a mutiny in Manila last month.

Mr Reyes said he hoped his decision would give President Gloria Arroyo a "free hand" to deal with what he described as the continuing threats to de-stabilise her government.

Ms Arroyo will now take up the defence portfolio herself, her spokesman Ignacio Bunye said.

During the 27 July mutiny, more than 300 soldiers took over part of Manila's financial district for 20 hours.

The mutineers called for the resignation of Mr Reyes, as well as Mrs Arroyo and military intelligence chief Victor Corpus, alleging endemic military corruption.
the rest: news.bbc.co.uk...

[Edited on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 11:10 PM
link   
nothing suprises me about our government anymore, I know some people in the Philippines and they can barely afford to eat sometimes, yet our government as always profits off the death of innocents.

But bad people get their just desserts in the end. Im generally against violence, but these WASPS just make me furious, human life is a statistic to them.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Now the drag in the PIs to this as usual. My wife is from the PI and she told me Mindanao is a mess with rebels and the like. She isn't from the region though, she is from the island of Samar. Her island has a small guerilla group called the NPA, and they try to get at the Philippine govt. too.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
this is HEAVY DUTY evidence, right in goosestep with the northwoods document. this guy was caught red handed(legged?) doing terror. it was the old. blow something up, blame some poor goat ploy all over again. ...except this time the bomb went off a little too soon.

what voxfux has to say

It is critical at this moment in history that some alternative news services shift to a preemptive mode. Its not hard to do, the actions of the crusaders are completely predictable. Preemption is vital to assuring the safety of the people of the world and the continuance of life on this planet. If one wishes to see a clear blueprint for the New World Orders plan for global conquest one only has to turn to CNN. For CNN is the organ whereby the crusaders transmit their necessary preparatory conditioning memes so that a sheep-like populous will be ready to march, lock step, like obedient worker ants and foot soldiers for these dying industrialist geezers, eager and ready to kill millions to keep their grip on power and further their eugenicist agenda.

Get off your knees
before it's too late

voxfux

i love this guy.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
VoxFux is definitely controversial. He's made some pretty stunning accusations.

My cousin-in-law is from the Philippines and he says it's pretty dangerous down there.

It's the old trick, plant a bomb and blame it on the "terrorists." With the help of the mainstream media - never doing any investigating - buying the ol' government line - it works almost every time. Then it comes.. the people are afraid so they give more of their money to the government to keep them safe from the "terrorists" and reap more and more oppression at home.

Do NOT buy into it!

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
There is terror in the Philipines.

I have a friend whos family member (dont know which, he doesnt go into detail) by terrorists.

The idea that there is no terrorists there is stupid, theres terrorists everywhere.

Anyways if the US wanted more bases in Asia, why didnt we earlier, we owned many of the Pacific islands after Spanish-Amer. War and WW2. not to mention what is realy there in Asia that we want to dominate?

Btw, if I was offencive, I appolgize.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taxman
I have a friend whos family member (dont know which, he doesnt go into detail) by terrorists.

what does this mean? ......member by terrorists?

The idea that there is no terrorists there is stupid, theres terrorists everywhere.

there are few real terrorists. mostly there are profeessional operatives who manipulate events to sway public opinion. yes they are terrorists. no, they are not lone nutters. there are government black ops. history has proven it over and over. the only 'real' terrorists should be called freedom fighters(although, i disagree with their methods as much as i disagree with the military's).

Anyways if the US wanted more bases in Asia, why didnt we earlier, we owned many of the Pacific islands after Spanish-Amer. War and WW2. not to mention what is realy there in Asia that we want to dominate?

Btw, if I was offencive, I appolgize.

these 'wars' are all just power plays by the elite. it's like a global poker game. anti up. they want to keep playing until there is 100% of control over the masses. it is only now that this achievable through technology.
you should probably worry less about "terrorists" and more about a totalitarian technocracy.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The phillipines has been a haven for communists, terrorists, islamic groups, radicals and others for many decades.

Hell I have been approached by people that suggested it was the perfect place to 'hide' in from various others.

It has good climate, access to development, myriad islands with little or not administrative controls, and a generally friendly population.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Terrorism is fake?
In the Phillipines/Philippines?

Don't think so:
"ABU SAYYAF GROUP (ASG) - Phillipines"
Link:
www.au.af.mil...
www.terrorismfiles.org/organisations/ abu_sayyaf_group.html

A real good place to search for "Terrorism in the Phillipines":
"International Policy Institute for Counter-Terrorism"
Link:
www.ict.org.il...

"Moro Islamic Liberation Front"
Link:
www.cdi.org...

"Mindanao"
Link:
www.encyclopedia.com...

"Philippines President Gloria Arroyo on the war against terrorism"
Link:
www.bbc.co.uk...

"Philippines seeking U.S. help: President Arroyo asks Bushto aid in terrorism fight"
Link:
216.239.41.104...:lwDE6wAESqEJ:www.tulsaworld.com/assault/A_6_11_21.pdf+The+US+is+asked+by+the+Philippines+to+help+with+the+ba ttle+against+terrorism&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

"Philippines asks US for help"
Link:
english.pravda.ru...

And more........

Fake Terrorism in the Phillipines/Philippines? I don't think so, and being that the US was asked to help with this obvious Phillipino/Philippino problem, more than doubtful that the US is "faking terror in the Phillipines/Philippines."

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 13-1-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The CIA Does a lot of naughty things...
All Seeing Eye's site has a good videos imo

veritastruth.com...

www.veritastruth.com...

3rd from Bottom CIA agents testimony...

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Terrorism is fake?
In the Phillipines/Philippines?

everywhere. it's not that terrorism is fake. it's the true identity and motives of the terrorists that is fake. a bunch of mainstream propaganda won't convince me otherwise.
like NEO pointed out, it's a great spook vacation site.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
lol i forgot killed in that statement, I was in a frenzy when I was writing, thank you for pointing that out Billy Bob.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Does Seekerof doubt the Meiring/CIA story or what exactly? If the story is real, and I haven't seen anything to show it is false, then that certainly gives reason to think that terrorism is promulgated by the U.S. government in the Philipines. And if the CIA is doing it in the Philipines, they could be doing it anywhere.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Lets call it skeptical, very.
Proof, that like anything else? Proof something you really want to see or continue to dent it when given?

There's quite a bit thats "promulgated" as problematic in regards to the Phillipines/Philippines and terrorism has continued to be one of those.
Personally, corruption within the Phillipine/Philippine government and military for staters....

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Seekerof, there's plenty of info out there to substantiate the fact that much of the recent terrorism in the Philippines is, indeed, manufactured. (spooks blowing things up and blaming them on 'terrorists') Meiring is a perfect example. Follow the politics, too. The Philippine government has everything to gain by throwing their lot in with Bush and his 'war on terror.'

There's an excellent book called "Rule by Secrecy" by Jim Marrs that everyone should read. It breaks all this stuff down and makes it very clear what's really going on. Another great book dealing with how some spooks operate and their nefarious operations is "Compromised: Clinton, Bush and the CIA" by Terry Reid.

new topics

top topics

join