It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS.P: Rantings of the Perpetually Sleep-Deprived:06

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   

PODcast: Rantings of the Perpetually Sleep-Deprived:06
The Indigo Child and Helicopter Parent Connection.

length: 19:48
file: atsppod_1986.mp3
size: 13917k
feed: atsp

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   
A very interesting podcast Maria,

I have to admit that I had not heard of the term of "Helicopter parenting" although I'm sure
that this phenomena is prevelant more so than not.

I enjoyed listening to your 6th podcast and looking forward to more "Rantings of the Perpetually Sleep-Deprived",
Johnny

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I do find it intriguing that Indigo Child movement and the Helicopter Parent phenomena began emerging at roughly the same time. I really think that the hyper-involvement of these Helicopter Parents has fueled the Indigo Child movement. It's a classic case of one-upmanship. My child is more special than your child, etc.

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed listening! Thanks!

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Hi Maria! Excellent PODCast! Short and to the point. My attention never waivered. And I like the connection you made between indigo children and helicopter parents. I work loosely with college admissions and helicopter parents is a term I often hear from admissions officers. From my expreience, helicopter parents can actually hurt a persons chances on getting in to a school. However I never made the connection. I agree with all the points you made, especially regarding how the description of indigo children fits just about every child out there. Yep, I guess I was one too!

EDIT: to add -

I liked the sound effect of the children towards the end! Really went along with your PODCast topic of indigo children.

[edit on 11/9/2006 by DCFusion]

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Hi, DC! I'm not sure if anyone else had made this connection before. I think the only reason I made the connection is that I heard about both movements at roughly the same time.

As for the sound effect of the children playing in the background, that was actually my five-year old and my hubby playing in the next room. It was strictly coincidental!

Thanks so much for listening! (I'm glad someone is!)
ms

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I enjoyed your podcast... it was a good rant. I liked how you put everything together. As I was saying I think that if you have an indigo child it sounds quite cool.
. I myself... havent heard of helicopter parenting before though.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   

PODcast: Rantings of the Perpetually Sleep-Deprived:06 (reply 1)
Just wanted to add some thoughts.

length: 05:57
file: atsppod_2017.mp3
size: 2094k
feed:

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Mrwupy, thank you so much for listening in and replying! It's great to actually hear feedback from someone knowledgable about the Indigo Child movement. I personally feel that all children are special. As a parent myself, I can certainly understand why some parents would feel their children are more special than others!

But seriously, talk about six degrees of separation! I had no idea you were so closely involved with the Metagifted group. Thanks for the fresh perspective!

top topics

join