It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I know a mason

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I Knew this guy for a long time. Not really a freind......because he is a lot older, but we are kinda freinds. The other day I noticed a ring he had on, it had the masonic symbol on it. So I asked and yep, he is a mason, not very devoted, but still I am surprised. This doesnt change my respect for him, but sure puts a new spin on things.

Just thought id tell you guys. And its funny because I preobably have seen the ring a hundred times, but before my meeting with ATS I didnt know what it meant.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by omega1
I Knew this guy for a long time. Not really a freind......because he is a lot older, but we are kinda freinds. The other day I noticed a ring he had on, it had the masonic symbol on it. So I asked and yep, he is a mason, not very devoted, but still I am surprised. This doesnt change my respect for him, but sure puts a new spin on things.

Just thought id tell you guys. And its funny because I preobably have seen the ring a hundred times, but before my meeting with ATS I didnt know what it meant.

My grandfather was a 33rd degree Mason. He wore a Master Mason ring. They're unmistakeable.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 11:58 AM
link   
well the ring has the masonic symbol on it so its a big clue

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

It was the large diamond inlaid that always caught my eye.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

ahh the diamond 33rd degree ring, some of the masonic rings are pretty amazing rings. Some of them look so nice

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Alot of decent people are Mason's. A lot of people period are. I know several. I can tell you that they are not out to get you like everyone seems to imply.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 12:17 PM
link   

ahh the diamond 33rd degree ring, some of the masonic rings are pretty amazing rings. Some of them look so nice

Yes. It's amazing. Big as hell. He was out fishing one day, had a heart attack and fell in the water. His body went missing for several days. When the crew recovered him, they used his ring to identify him.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
Alot of decent people are Mason's. A lot of people period are. I know several. I can tell you that they are not out to get you like everyone seems to imply.

The talk implies these dark things go on with a select few above the 33rd level. I sincerely doubt my grandfather was a satan worshipper. But you know, I might just be biased.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 12:33 PM
link   

My grandfather was a 33rd degree Mason. He wore a Master Mason ring. They're unmistakeable.

Peeeew.....

Did he tell you anything special ?

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix

Peeeew.....

Did he tell you anything special ?

Unfortunately he passed away before I knew enough and what to ask him. I highly doubt he would've had anything to share with me, however.

When I was young, though, we used to have to go to elaborate, black-tie ceremonies at the Masonic Temple for the Masons and our family's little Eastern Star initiates. I hated it. Too formal. But don't worry, I didn't see anyone drinkin' any blood, offering sacrifices or intoning archaic incantations. Just a lot of boring, dressed up old(er) people schmoozing over mints and coffee.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Just an FYI, there are plenty of masons on this board...
(I'm not one, but have been thinking of joining...they do a lot of charitable work, despite their perceived mystique...and it's a great networking tool) Yes, I've looked into them quite a bit, and am aware of the rumors, etc. but if anything wacky is going on...it's way, way up there in the ranks...

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Masons aren't known for talking about any of it. The vast majority have no idea of the dark goings on. As with any group, only the most elite are in the know.

Gazrok, you need a sponsor. But you probably already know that.

[Edited on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 02:08 PM
link   
i've thought about becoming a freemason too Gazrok, but im only 17 at the moment

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 04:47 PM
link   
This topic has grown into a rather interesting one. I've visted a temple once before. I got the impression that it was intermixed with all the worlds religions. I felt almost I was everywhere in world at once.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Many Christians have departed the Masonic ranks after becoming saved. The problem, as they see it, has to do with the secret oath Masons take. It an issue of idolitry. Whom do you serve first? Does your Masonic oath take presidence over putting God first? Do the Masons promote God as the head of the church and humanity? (I've read that it is actually Satanism that lies at the heart of the Masonic order.) One of my grandfathers (not the one I have mentioned) was a total man of God. He raised his family in the Lord and was a Deacon in our church. And yet, a high-ranking Mason. I've often wondered how he squared that. But then again, if there is any tom-foolery going on within the membership, I am sure it is only at the very highest levels (top 2%, for example). That excludes even the 33rd degree, I believe.

The problem, as I see it, isn't so much eeevil devil worshipping, but in the way the network works. It is a brotherhood, just like the military or a fraternity and its members are hard-wired into an immense network. It works like this, Joe Mason, a prominent lawyer gets arrested for beating up his mistress. His brother Mason, who is the judge finds out Joe Mason is a Mason.. the judge figures out a way, some technicality to let Joe Mason off so that his wife never finds out and his law practice remains un-harmed. It's like that with fellow veterans of war. I know this because it has gotten me out of trouble, too. The order is more a leg up, a brotherhood of men who look out for one another and their families.

I know a girl who said she had flat tire one day on the freeway. A truck immediately pulled over and the man jumped out and said, "Miss, can I change that tire for you?" She smiled at him and said, "Wow, that's nice of you." He then smiled back at her and said, "Miss, I saw the Mason symbol on the back of your car. I'd be in trouble if I didn't stop and help you." She said she was floored. Her father had been a Mason all her life and she had never once thought about it. Until that moment. She was quite impressed.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Finally someone who voices the same opinion!

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by oconnection
Finally someone who voices the same opinion!

Which one?

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The thirty third degree is not Satanic, it is Luciferian (according to Albert Pike anyway). The thing is that most christians think that Lucifer equals Satan, but that's not quite the case:

---
en.wikipedia.org...

Lucifer is derived from the latin term lucem ferre, which means "bringer, or bearer, of light." In Roman mythology, Lucifer was a deity equivalent to the Greek Phosporus, and the planet Venus was known by the name Lucifer in Roman astrology before being given its current name. In Christianity, Lucifer has become synonymous with Satan or the Devil, despite the original Judaic mythology considering Lucifer and Satan to be two quite separate entities.

Lucifer is mentioned in only one place in the Bible (Isaiah 14:12), in translations based on the Latin translation largely made by St. Jerome in the fourth century. The Hebraic texts refer to Heylel Ben-Shachar, where 'Heylel' is the Hebrew word for the planet Venus, and Ben-shachar means "son of the dawn." Isaiah 14 starts out discussing the King of Babylon, and the reference "morning star, son of the dawn" originally meant specifically that king. Then St. Jerome translated Heylel into Lucifer. Much of Christian tradition also draws on Revelation 12:5 ("He was thrown down, that ancient serpent") in equating Lucifer, Satan, and the serpent in the Garden of Eden.

Lucifer is a key protagonist in John Milton's Protestant Christian epic, Paradise Lost. Milton presents Lucifer almost sympathetically, an ambitious and prideful angel who defies God and wages war on heaven, only to be defeated and cast down. Lucifer must then employ his rhetorical ability to organize hell; he is aided by Mammon and Beelzebub. Later, Lucifer enters the Garden of Eden, where he successfully tempts Eve, wife of Adam, to eat fruit from the Tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Lucifer is a deity in the Voodoo religions.
--

Lucifer is the bearer of light archetype; Mithras and even Jesus (the morning star). So unless you consider the Romans and Persians to have been satan worshippers, I doubt you could consider masons that way.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Nice research; however, that was not the point. The point I was making was that of a Masonic vow taken that supersedes God as the person's number one allegience. To a Christian, it is seen as idolotry because of what scripture says. "Thou shalt have no god before me."

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Yes, I saw your point. I was just addressing the seemingly popular christian belief that masons worship Satan (the Chick tracts are especially funny).

Masonry pays lip service to all religions anyway. They will deny they are a religion though - which makes it easy to confuse the issue even further.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join