It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Posters in Virginia

page: 1

join
share:
MMP

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Posters particularly in the northern part of the state (and if you live in Herndon or Reston it's my lucky day). I have a simple question that you may be able to answer. Your area code is 703 but I'm wondering which telecommunications company distributes numbers with the prefix 871? Many of you may be asking yourself, "Why does it matter?" and that's a valid question. I only ask because I keep getting calls from a certain number and every time I try to call the number back I get a recording stating the number is no longer in service.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   
According to this site, that area code is assigned to California.

MMP

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
***Sighs*** :shk:

This is your post:

Originally posted by djohnsto77
According to this site, that area code is assigned to California.

This is line 3 of my post:

Originally Posted by MMP
Your area code is 703 but I'm wondering which telecommunications company distributes numbers with the prefix 871?

As you can clearly see in my original post I stated that the area code was 703 and NOT 871. Telephone numbers work like this: (Area Code) Prefix-Number.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I can't find anything on which telecom issues/uses that prefix, but here's something that may help.

www.google.com...

Try typing the complete number in, I've been able to identify Many telemarketers this way.

MMP

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Good suggestion, 18m8keall2c, for those who don't know about the phonebook capabilities of Google. I was waiting until Monday to call Access National Bank and just asking them. They have a few numbers through the provider. I posted the thread here to see if I could get an answer before Monday.

MMP

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
What the crap?! So I started calling businesses to find out which telephone company gives out numbers with 871 as a prefix and I'm STILL scratching my head. I have tried like 6 different places. Access National Bank transferred me to their IT department but all I got was a voicemail (I opted not to leave a message). The only other place I was able to talk to some one is called Pollo Inka. When they picked up it took me about 2 minutes to get to some one that spoke English and then came the real shocker. I explained to the lady I was trying to find out which telephone company provided the restaurant with the phone number 703-871-0362 and she became very puzzled. She then explained that she had never heard that number and it didn't belong to the restaurant!!! If you don't believe me, try the number and ask them yourself.

MMP

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Still no posts...

Tomorrow I'll have to try to call more places. Has anyone ran into anything like this?

MMP

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
After reading a news article it's possible I may have been the target of a 'robocall' by the GOP. More details as they come (if anyone cares).

new topics

top topics

join