It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imagitelligence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Why is imagination more important than intelligence? Are the admins/mods trying to tell us somthing?

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Probably the most important quote from this guy...

Lacking anything else to put in the announcement.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Oh...
It's a good quote. It's fitting for the site.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Apparently, the phrase is true...

After all, we went into Iraq using imagination of what was there, vs. accurate intelligence of what was there...

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Big cut!
I don't know if I agree with you Gaz, but...OUCH! What a cut!

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Hey without imagination we would still be trying to lite fires with flint stones, marking on a cave and dragging the women by their hairs...

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Yes!
Now we're lighting fires with bombs, searching for Osama in caves wanting to drag him out by his beard hairs!

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 11:19 AM
link   
ahh very interesting. Imagitelligence is basicly lies,lies and more lies. I agree totally with Gazrok post

After all, we went into Iraq using imagination of what was there, vs. accurate intelligence of what was there...

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Intelligence is the mind in action, imagination is the mind in erection !

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Strange huh??? Without imagination we wouldn't be wearing half of the clothes we wear now. There would be no needles. And we would not be able to usa computer, go online, create a website, play video or computer games, use electrical music instruments, watch tv, use the microwave, listen to the radio, turn on a lamp, use a printer, play music on a stereo, use a remote control of any kind, use lasers, use any electrical appliance, or put any food in a refridgerator, because Tesla wouldn't be able to invent A/C current, the Tesla coil, the radio and the technology which eventually became the microwave.

The theory of realitivity wouldn't exist either.

P.S: Paranoia about HAARP would'nt exist either, because HAARP wouldn't exist.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Imagination is paramount to conception, ideas, etc. Imagination is limitless, infinite.
Intelligence helps to make these reality.
Intelligence is limited and is finite.
Some of us may think the opposite...that knowledge is more important than imagination, I tend to agree with Einstein (obviously) but it really is a matter of perception to each of us.

Have a few brew and think about it.

*edit* for spelling correction, argh!

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 12-11-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 04:50 AM
link   

I'm a strong believer in this quote from ol' Albert - I've been using it on my websites and forum signatures for years!

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Various people invent things in their basic conceptual form.

It may be a completely new item which people may not have even dreamed of before, and the idea itself may have come to the inventor in a dream.

Once it becomes a reality then other people can use it as a tool or resource to create things from their own imagination with; and then those new things become part of reality also.

I think that anything is possible once we know how, and imagination is the starting point in many cases.

Seeds of ideas can be planted with words, to later grow into concrete realities which people base their lives upon. Religions for instance.

Our world may be in peril due to people being led by imagination, and yet imagination will probably be the thing that saves us.

top topics

join