It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Fires Dozens of Missiles

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 05:57 AM
link   
In response to the recent 25 nation military excercises in the Persian Gulf, Iran has started their own war game codenamed Operation Great Prophet 2. In an Iranian show of force, numerous missiles were fired along with a Shahab-3 ballistic that poses a significant threat to the entire Middle East and can be armed with a biological, chemical or nuclear warhead.

Iran fires missiles in gulf war games Aljazeera.net

Iran has started military exercises in the Arabian gulf just days after six other nations, including the United States, held a series of exercises in the same area.

Iranian state television reported, without showing any footage: "Dozens of missiles were fired including Shahab-2 and Shahab-3 missiles. The missiles had ranges from 300km up to 2,000km.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Supporting News Stories:

Iran fires missiles in war games Reuters
Iran tests fires longer range missile USA Today
Iran test-fires “upgraded” Shahab 3 missile Iran Focus
Iran Test-Fires Missile Capable of Delivering Nuke to Israel Arutz Sheva

Specifications: Shahab-3 / Zelzal-3 Global Security

This recent escalation in large military manuevers looks like war with Iran is becoming a direct possibility and just waiting for a single incident to warrant an all out attack on Iran.

I suspect the current Admin's strategy is that the Iranian end game will have to unfold soon, before the markets take a plunge. Oil price spikes will signal the attack on Iran is in the final prepatory phase and it could happen in mere hours after volatile market activity.

[edit on 2-11-2006 by Regenmacher]

[edit on 2-11-2006 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Well, I see it this way,

They are a nation, Right?

They are a sovereign nation, Right?

So they have the right to do whatever they feel like it within their borders.

So. . . what is the problem with that?

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
This recent escalation in large military manuevers looks like war with Iran is becoming a direct possibility and just waiting for a single incident to warrant an all out attack on Iran.

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if in a radical turn of events, the Bush administration decides to pull out of Iraq to satisfy the screaming American public, but then turns right around an attempts limited airstrikes on Iran. After all, we have an axis of evil to destroy here!

I suspect the current Admin's strategy is that the Iranian end game will have to unfold soon, before the markets take a plunge. Oil price spikes will signal the attack on Iran is in the final prepatory phase and it could happen in mere hours after volatile market activity.

So are you saying that they would do this to keep oil prices high, or what? A little confused with that one here, Regen.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
More than that Marg. They are a sovereign nation who also has every right to control and sell their national resources where ever they wish.

Our POTUS, the J.R. Ewing wannabe with his Harvard MBA, knows nothing but exploitation and greed.

Don't be surprised if our intelligence agencies knew of this (if indeed it is true) planned exercise and sent our fleet there to antagonize and beat them to the punch. Another version of 'pre-emption'.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
So are you saying that they would do this to keep oil prices high, or what? A little confused with that one here, Regen.

No, I am saying oil will start to rise due to Iran literally going offline as a supplier. Sweet crude would hit $100-$150/bbl and it will start to spike before the attack, since the walls have ears in regards to billions of dollars at risk.

The US markets are over-extended, the housing bubble is deflating, the credit bubble is next, commodity prices are rising, and we are strapped with a record deficits. All this means a major market correction is on the horizon. An attack or escalating the war increases spending/inflation, which can offset a serious decline (i.e. WW2 brought the US out of the Great Depression).

Market related info:

ATS: Finally the world is taking it seriously
ATS: Get Ready for Peak Grain
Energies Market Overview (war barometer)

Also, Russia has chosen the opposing side by arming Iran.

Russia Defends Supply of Missiles to Iran nasdaq.com

[edit on 2-11-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
With US and Israel threatening Iran, and already dubbing it an "evil" country, it's no wonder why Iran is trying to form a plan to protect itself from invasion.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
With US and Israel threatening Iran, and already dubbing it an "evil" country, it's no wonder why Iran is trying to form a plan to protect itself from invasion.

I could almost buy this except that these missile systems are offensive weapons and would be of little value in repelling an attack.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The first step in most defenses is showing offensive capability. Like a territorial animal bluffing when an invader walks in.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Can we just blow up the planet and end it?

Instead of screaming THEY'RE EVIL or THEY'RE TRYING TO KILL US!! or THEY'RE A THREAT!! YOU'RE WITH TERRORISTS..just kill everybody and be done.

It solves all of our problems..and it brings about the world peace.

Let us all rot and decay in radioactive wastelands and 10,000 degree temperatures in harmony.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
The first step in most defenses is showing offensive capability. Like a territorial animal bluffing when an invader walks in.

Problem is that when the bluff is called that animal usually winds up a dead duck. Let's see here. Iran gets missile technology from North Korea. Iran builds a medium range missile capable of carrying a nuclear warhead. North Korea explodes a nuclear device. Anyone see where I'm going? Iran has the right to do what it wants within it's own borders, I won't question that. I will say that if Iran gets blown off of the map it will be it's own fault.

[edit on 2-11-2006 by JIMC5499]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
ragenmacher is right . oil will start to spike if iran goes off line. he is telling the truth. unfortunately, iran will be going offline along with its friendly neighbors. im telling you people this exercise in the gulf is part of this nations problems. THIS IS NO EXERCISE, it is to show military strengh , when iran and friends cut the oil watch to see who is on whos side. who is getting oil and who is not. this is a big one people it is comming in february. come on, we are not there for nothing. nukes, oil, nations running out of oil. this is not an exercise, it will escallate to all out war with iran in the gulf. people wake up, this is not a dream it will happen.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
There ARE ways to stop American aggression leading to this impending doom:

Fire the Republicans in Congress on Tuesday and make damn sure the Dems know we DON'T WANT THEM TO FUND ANOTHER WAR.

Start real international relations with these countries who do not have to be our enemies just because the robber barons say they are.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
No, I am saying oil will start to rise due to Iran literally going offline as a supplier.

Oh? And when is this supposed to happen? Can Iran afford to go offline as a supplier? Wouldn't that kinda piss China off?

Sweet crude would hit $100-$150/bbl and it will start to spike before the attack, since the walls have ears in regards to billions of dollars at risk.

I'm not sure I buy this at all. Oil was very high not too long ago when gas was 3 bucks a gallon or more. And most of those conditions you also mention have existed for some time. So why didn't we attack Iran then? What is so different about the economy now that makes you think this is any different just because Iran, like NK, is testing its wares?

We've also had major juice in the Persian Gulf for quite some time, and I remember last time someone found out about carriers in the Gulf, it was all the same warmonger talk.

No matter WHAT the economic scene, I just can't see the US attempting ANYTHING militarily on Iran right now, at least as long as forces are committed in Iraq and Afghanistan. What, the Bush administration is going to add a new front to a war they can't even win now, and get attacked in Iraq by Iranian missiles? And if they open that front, they will no doubt have to also contend with a new Syrian front as well. Even I won't peg Bush for being that stupid.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Aren't Iran allowed to do what they want within their own borders? If i had a huge navy massing on my borders i would at least like to signal my intent that i'm not gonna lie down with out a fight. Imagine if a navy massed off New York becasue the U.S were developing nuclear weapons.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
Iran has the right to do what it wants within it's own borders, I won't question that. I will say that it Iran gets blown off of the map it will be it's own fault.

For what exactly? Not bowing to the current administrations demands?? Amazing how some people can just write off millions of lives without of blink of an eye

[edit on 11/2/2006 by pstiffy]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
yep , not bowing to current administrations. that alone will get you wacked if you had enough power. look what happened to most of the kennedys. they bucked the system and the system got em wacked.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
Aren't Iran allowed to do what they want within their own borders?

Not really. Nations sign treaties and are expected to abide by them. If they are working with N Korea to proliferate nuclear technology that is reason enough by me to lay the smack down on their candy asses.

If i had a huge navy massing on my borders i would at least like to signal my intent that i'm not gonna lie down with out a fight. Imagine if a navy massed off New York becasue the U.S were developing nuclear weapons.

While we were developing the nuclear weapon there were loads of German U-Boats off the shores of New York on war time missions- not "wargames".

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by psyopswatcher
More than that Marg. They are a sovereign nation who also has every right to control and sell their national resources where ever they wish.

Exactly, they do but God forbid that they do not have that privilege, they are after all an evil country. So they are a threat to our nation.

Our POTUS, the J.R. Ewing wannabe with his Harvard MBA, knows nothing but exploitation and greed.

Well that Cookie jar in Iraq seems to be a littler bit to expensive right now to get it, let no forget all the tax payer money been wasted trying to fix the problem with the goodies and convincing the government of Iraq to give up of or let it dry.:Lil:

Don't be surprised if our intelligence agencies knew of this (if indeed it is true) planned exercise and sent our fleet there to antagonize and beat them to the punch. Another version of 'pre-emption'.

Hey you are right, these evil third world countries doesn't know anything but violence right? after all our nation is the only civilized country in the world, [ahem] [ahem] I forgot our loyal friends in the UK, sorry boys.

Now sarcasm aside, people you need to understand that the oil prices are fix for the time being, once the goal of the elections is over they prices will be back to where they were before.

So it will be very silly to blame Iran for a spike on oil for any reasons.

[edit on 2-11-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Hey you are right, these evil third world countries doesn't know anything but violence right? after all our nation is the only civilized country in the world, [ahem] [ahem] I forgot our loyal friends in the UK, sorry boys.

Now sarcasm aside, people you need to understand that the oil prices are fix for the time being, once the goal of the elections is over they prices will be back to where they were before.

So it will be very silly to blame Iran for a spike on oil for any reasons.

[edit on 2-11-2006 by marg6043]

According to you Marg, it would be silly to blame any of the worlds problems on anyone other then the US. I'd just like to point out that our enemies have some hand in this as well.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gatordone

According to you Marg,

According to littler old me? I was not the one targeting third world countries on a lie or wagging wars with disastrous results.

It seems that our littler war on terror has done nothing more than fuel resentment against our nation.

Yes our nation, I am american you know and I am ashamed of what is been done in my name as an american for nothing more than greed.

it would be silly to blame any of the worlds problems on anyone other then the US. I'd just like to point out that our enemies have some hand in this as well.

The world problems? did I say world problems, well let me round it off to this sentence. middle east problems does that makes you feel better?

What can I say Iraq was such an evil country that is why we have destroyed them with all our might.

Next Iran, and then the world will be a safer place and all the middle east oil will be in the rightful and holy hands of the righteous then perhaps we may let their people get some,just some of the goodies I mean if they survive.

After all they are all evil.

Again sarcasm been used.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join