It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rock Lake Pyramids and Aztalan Indians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Wow this is something new ive never came across before. There are supposed to be submerged pyramids in Rock Lake,WI.

Professor James Shertz, of the University of Wisconsin, is trying to get to the bottom of the reputed stone pyramids submerged in Rock Lake, near Lake Mills, Wisconsin. Fishermen have hit the pyramids with their oars when the lake is very low; and others have spotted structures (perhaps as many as four) from the air. In 1937, a diver reported seeing a 29-foot-high pyramid in the murky waters. Recent divers have found boul-der alignments; but the visibility is so poor that organized structures cannot be identified.

Truncated earthen pyramids exist at nearby precolumbian Aztalan; and strange rock piles exist elsewhere in Wisconsin. Consequently, one cannot brush off the idea that some edifices were built at Rock Lake when the water was much lower.

(Smith, Susan Lampert; "Lake Mills' Lost Pyramids," Wisconsin State Journal, June 26, 1983. Cr. R. Heiden via L. Farish.) Comment. The 1937 dives are described in our Handbook Ancient Man. Perhaps it is relevant that sonar-imaging equip-ment has detailed obviously human-built rock structures on the floor of Loch Ness.

www.wovoca.com...

and here are some pics but they dont enlarge:

www.rocklakeresearch.com...

[Edited on 12-11-2003 by thehippiedude]

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 11:42 AM
link   
That's very interesting. Now I have a reason to go to Wisconsin.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I heard it's a secret underwater cheese factory !!!

shhhh, no one is supposed to know

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I watched a show about these on the Discovery Channel. Why don't they just drain the stupid lake. Then they could get to the bottom of this, er, the lake or whatever.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 09:24 PM
link   
yeah why could they just send down one of those little underwater thingy's and take lots of pictures.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 06:50 PM
link   
visibility is far too poor for a rover.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Interesting, but they built mounds throughout the area, and contrary to popular belief, they used stones sometimes in their constructions.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by thehippiedude

Okay. I happen to live in Lake Mills, WI and wanted to give everyone on here the "down low" as to the structures in Rock Lake.
The Pyramid- Back in the 1920's or 30's, my great-great uncles used to swim out to the spot and stand on top of the pyramid in the lake with the water hitting them mid rib cage. Due to boats hitting the tops of "structures", it was also during this time that they raised the level of the lake an additional 15 feet to save damaging people's recreational vehicles.
Other Structures- Thanks to a wonderful researcher, Archie Eschborn, we know that there are numerous structures and formations down there as well. Among these structures are many Mounds, Chimneys, Post Holes (from the stuctures assumed to be houses and storage areas) and there is even the remnants of a creek bed.

Growing up, I learned from local Indian Elders that before the mound village in Aztalan, WI there was a group of Indians that lived in the area now known as Rock Lake. It was a beautiful field with a fresh water spring and a creek running through it. When they left (no one remembers exactly why they left), they dammed up the outlets to the creek and the dell slowly became a marshland and then a large but shallow lake. When the pioneers arrived, they built up the dam even further so they could create a mill pond for 2 mills. Thus the city's name of Lake Mills.
I remember how the town has always been divided between those who believed the history and those who said, "There's nothing in the lake." Even with the sonar excavation of the entire lake bed, some people hold fast to the falsehood that nothing exists at the bottom of Rock Lake.
Why not drain it and find out? Lake Mills is a tourist town. To drain the lake would mean the closing of many businesses. I know this sounds a little petty, but it's the truth.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by thehippiedude

if the lake is man made the it would seem not that far fetched to say that there might be some archaeology preserved under it.

as to draining the lake, I should imagine that it would be an expensive exercise and unlikely that something like that will happen unless there is strong evidence that there is something worth looking for. Anyway if there is an archaeological landscape it is probably quite stable under the water, and will remain so indefinitely. Once the water has gone it will become unstable and start deteriorating.
+

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I heard it's a secret underwater cheese factory !!!

shhhh, no one is supposed to know

I feel so enlightened after reading this bit of 'contribution'.

The north Americas were and still is hostile for people to live. The winters are brutal. Undertaking any long term building project would be futile and impossible. Thousands of years ago the winters were worse here and the snow belt was much lower in the North Americas. The winters were impossible to survive as the ice age was still thawing.

Around the present equator is where you will find the oldest of old.

top topics

join