It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not -quite- Human

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Have you ever felt, not quite human? All my life, I've felt the presence of another conciousness in my mind, and I have knowledge of another civilization. I don't know if it is just an early overactive immagination, that has embedded itself in my mind, or if it's part of something much bigger.

I don't know, I've just never quite fit in with humans

Anyone else feel this way?

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Interesting perspective.

You are what you know I think.

Maybe it is not being less human but more human?

Is that possible?

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 11:56 PM
link   
More human? Er... if being more human means hating humans, capable of understanding my math teacher, enjoying conversations in Klingonese, gazing into the stars and wishing I was home, and feeling awfully comfortable in dark cold damp places, then yes.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I think you have watched too much star trek.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 12:01 AM
link   
One of the oldest beliefs is that spiritual souls incarnate over and over into human bodies to gain experience and grow. It is only logical that it would not be humans that are using humans this way. Obviously it would have to be a much more advanced life form that was able to exploit a lower life form in such a manner.

Of course you are not human. The human is only a shell you are using. You are a much more advanced life form that does not depend on anything in this time and space for survival.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Aztec,

you are partly correct.

remember in the bible when it spoke of the good old days when people lived hundreds of years and had good relations with god?

DNA manipulation has lowered our lifespans and severed our natural spiritual connections.

humans agreed to experience physicality to learn new lessons and gain experiences that god could not. This knowledge was to be returned to the creator in order to improve the next creation.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 12:56 AM
link   
nope, I'm quite human. although I did have a friend for many years who was convinced that she wasn't human. she'd constantly have dreams about flying and said she always had difficulty understanding people. (the latter was definitely true, it's much of the reason we're no longer friends.)

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I have never felt like anything other than myself. Which is apparently a completely standard human. I don't have any thoughts in my head saying "hey, I'm a human". I'm just me.

[Edited on 12-11-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
I have never felt like anything other than myself. Which is apparently a completely standard human. I don't have any thoughts in my head saying "hey, I'm a human". I'm just me.

[Edited on 12-11-2003 by heelstone]

~Good one Heelstone. But I recall him asking whether or not you've felt "more human then a human", not whether or not you feel as a human. And no, I've never felt that way before even thought the clouds/sky would fool me into thinking differently.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Yep...

There's even a group...called "Star Children" who really take this overboard... Just google on Star Child, and you'll find plenty of links...

However, mine has to do more with being a SLIDER (see the Psychic forum....) as I'm not down with the Star Child as presented on various sites....

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 04:06 AM
link   

...I recall him asking whether or not you've felt "more human then a human", not whether or not you feel as a human.

"I am the astro creep...a demolition-style hell-american freak, YEAH..MORE HUMAN THAN HUMAN!!!! MORE HUMAN THAN HUMAN!!!!!"

*wanders off*

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 05:04 AM
link   
as long as i could remember i never quite got the way the world worked and have been able to see through this web of deciet that surrounds us at some level or another. at times it made me feel like i was less human as well so i know exactly where your coming from. nowadays though i definately would have to agre with neo where these feelings stem from being more human.

[Edited on 12-11-2003 by mutehalo]

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by eagle
Have you ever felt, not quite human? All my life, I've felt the presence of another conciousness in my mind, and I have knowledge of another civilization. I don't know if it is just an early overactive immagination, that has embedded itself in my mind, or if it's part of something much bigger.

definately, i have felt that way for as long i can remember. you said i another thread that i sounded like you. now i am inclined to say the same about you.
in the latter years i have started to believe that i have to be some kind of hybrid. and there is more than just a feeling that points that out to me.

to all the others, define human.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Aztec,

you are partly correct.

remember in the bible when it spoke of the good old days when people lived hundreds of years and had good relations with god?

DNA manipulation has lowered our lifespans and severed our natural spiritual connections.

humans agreed to experience physicality to learn new lessons and gain experiences that god could not. This knowledge was to be returned to the creator in order to improve the next creation.

That is an opinion.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkspace

definately, i have felt that way for as long i can remember. you said i another thread that i sounded like you. now i am inclined to say the same about you.
in the latter years i have started to believe that i have to be some kind of hybrid. and there is more than just a feeling that points that out to me.

to all the others, define human.

A hybrid? You say there is more than a feeling? What more than your mind leads you to believe that? It sounds like you are saying you're not human. Are you saying you are more than human? I think we all would like to dream of ourself as something else to escape this world for whatever reason at one point or another. But trust me, you are human. If not, what evidence do you have that would show us otherwise?

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople

A hybrid? You say there is more than a feeling? What more than your mind leads you to believe that? It sounds like you are saying you're not human. Are you saying you are more than human? I think we all would like to dream of ourself as something else to escape this world for whatever reason at one point or another. But trust me, you are human. If not, what evidence do you have that would show us otherwise?

what does eyes shifting color tells you? prolonged fingers and toes? extraordinary metabolism?
i could go on for ever, but i won't.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkspace

Originally posted by Seapeople

what does eyes shifting color tells you? prolonged fingers and toes? extraordinary metabolism?
i could go on for ever, but i won't.

That you are halucinating on '___'?

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I want to see these prolonged fingers, shifting eye colors, weird metabolism. Show me this because it would be something I could observe. Prove to me it.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 09:19 AM
link   

More human? Er... if being more human means hating humans, capable of understanding my math teacher, enjoying conversations in Klingonese, gazing into the stars and wishing I was home, and feeling awfully comfortable in dark cold damp places, then yes.

It's all in the mind.

Hating humans....i've been sorta like this also. When i look around and see the flaws in humans or something that comes to them emotionally and makes them do things or whatever and i see it, i'm like "damn humanns and thier emotions". i just see flaws or something and know they cant help it, they're human and thats jst how they are, they have these things. I've always been different compared to others in this thinking aspect. But the way i am thinking at those times it's like i'm of a different species or something. That i'm not like them. It's like i'm looking onthe outside and watching a lab rat for a study. I dunno. What i said here is sorta like it but i just found it very hard to put into words and describe what i was thinking and what i do and what happens. It's not hating hamsn it's jsut seeing things differently...but i do sometimes think to myself "damn humans", or "damn humans and thier emotions".

About feeling comfortable in cold, dark, damp places....
That is definately a mind-set/personality trait i believe.

It's just like me. I love Vampire movies and anything to do with vampires. :-[
Now i used to not like going outside around the back fo the house at night without the light on. But after watching vampire movies, and fully thinking to myself"that'd be sick being a vampire, awesome", i could go out into the dark, around the back of the house, without hte lights on, and stay out there for an hour or more if i wanted, jsut thinking, having ciggies.
But then i can go and watch a supernatural/scary movie with monsters or something really freaky like the movie "The Ring" and then it'll take 5 minutes for me to work up enough courage to go 6 meters out the back door, to replace a lightbulb so i can go outside at night, even though i'm 20 years old and know there aint monsters hiding in my backyard or anything freaky/scary is going to happen to me.

It's a mind-set.

All you gotta do is free your mind from fear, and you free yourself.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Seapeople, you have your mood set at 'authoritative', but I'm not catching that vibe at all.

eagle, I don't believe that I've had a similar feeling. I've always had an interest in space and its possible inhabitants, but I've never felt any direct connection. As for your statement about not fitting in with humans, I can certainly relate!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join