It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP to take the senate?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 01:17 AM
link   
it's been a good day for the GOP! They keep the house and are about to take the Senate. Comments?

[Edited on 6-11-2002 by Bob88]

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 03:24 AM
link   
waiting for data, Bob -but it's pretty weird already after Jesse slipped his Independent friend in which makes it (with the other independent - from Maryland?) level already: 49-49-2, if I'm not mistaken.

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 03:25 AM
link   
And it's Florida I really want to see.

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Bush wins Florida, JEB anyway, lol. McAuliffe swore Bush would lose. Terry just may be out of a job soon - I can only hope. It looks like Coleman will best Mondale. Shocker in MD and GA.

CNN's headline at the moment: COMPLETE GOP CONTROL

(Bob and TC high five)

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I'll high five ya on that one to Bob88!!!!

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 08:10 AM
link   
A few will be surprised, Bob -I'm not quite sure why.
Missouri surprised me but not Florida.
I haven't seen turn-out figures, yet so its hard to make any sort of judgement on what the result means about the state of the nation.
The unevennes of the swing is puzzling as is the fact that Bush din't get more seats -I expected him to get the 60 he'll need for certain Senate procedures.

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 08:13 AM
link   
The reaction of the stock market will be interesting: one imagines a rise and gains on equities and bonds; but we'll have to see.
This won't benefit Gephardt and Daschle that's for sure.

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 08:16 AM
link   
..instead of all the stale old drivel about vote-frqaud in 2000 that we've been having we look forward to lots of new farm-fresh, factory-gate new drivel about vote-fraud in 2002.
It's nice to know that there are still some things that you can depend on.

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 08:17 AM
link   
..instead of all the stale old drivel about vote-fraud in 2000 that we've been having we look forward to lots of new farm-fresh, factory-gate new drivel about vote-fraud in 2002.
It's nice to know that there are still some things that you can depend on.

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Definitely won�t benefit Daschle as he�s no longer the majority leader and Senate can now get on with some business w/ out him to tabling everything. The GOP now dominates my state (well, ever more so) as well as writing some history: the first black female Lieutenant Governor. MN surprised me (still counting though) � it looked like Wellstone�s funeral/rally might not have been such as wise move after all. NV had some interesting issues that basically boils down to no marijuana and no gay marriages � nice litmus test, if not there then probably no where else. The �street� will probably see a boost and w/ Pitt gone it probably can�t hurt.

back at ya, UniQue Werkx

And it was worth staying up past 3am to watch all the coverage.

[Edited on 6-11-2002 by Bob88]

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 09:30 AM
link   
To achieve this in mid-term is quite an achievement for the party in office: it will be interesting to see how fast the Reps move in Congress on their proposals now that they have the power to act.

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 09:51 AM
link   
we shall see. Though this power could be a double-edged sword, and a big one at that. If they fail to produce the GOP is in BIG trouble, and they've got 2 years to show results. If they do a decent job the dems are in equally as big of trouble. In any event, I predict McAuliffe to get the axe.

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 10:02 AM
link   
To address America's economic ills and to have no one else to blame if progress is not made will take some doing, Bob and I think that -if unemployment -doesn't fall very soon that will be the first big hurdle.
It's manifestly obvious from the US mass media that real economics goes way over the heads of many Americans; but most people understand unemployment.

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Mondale has apparently just conceded defeat -preserving his inimitable record.

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 07:31 AM
link   
YIPPEE! Well, looks like Bush has quite a job set out for him. If he does as well now as he did when first elected (i.e. getting his tax cuts made permanent) it would be a really great thing. But on the other hand, if the stock market keeps sliding...

posted on Nov, 9 2002 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The Democrats are just Republicans anyway. I don't care whether it's dumb or dumber that gets to control the senate.

posted on Nov, 9 2002 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Hmm Democrats are not just Republicans...they have a really dour social ideal.

And you better care, because the joke is on you, whether you get Dumb OR Dumber, they are still smarter then you if you don't care.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 9 2002 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Just trying to work out my "signature", heh you all know I have "no signature" but this if it works correctly will make my posts the most grand posts of all time!

Oh screw it, this signature thing is all CRRRRAZZZY!!!!

Sincerely,
no signature

[Edited on 10-11-2002 by FreeMason]

posted on Nov, 10 2002 @ 04:25 AM
link   
A thing to watch with Reps & Dems is the impact of America's very sectionalised electorate on policy-formation.
Although there is a little evidence to suggest that the picture may have changed slightly this time, ethnic minorities, hyphenated-Americans or whatever one wants to call them do tend (when they can actually be bothered to get off their a**es and vote), to side with one party or the other -blacks to Dems etc.
Expect some delay to the advance of the Hispanicisation of America bandwaggon.

posted on Nov, 10 2002 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Yes...odd though...it is the Republicans that so forced the issue to free the slaves, while the Democrats wanted so urgently to keep slavery.

Sincerely,
no signature

top topics

<<   2 >>

join