It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JFK - The First Family Album FOUND! HEAR IT!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   

44 Years ago, in 1962, a comic genius for his time.... Vaughn Meader, along with a small band of other comedians, created a parody album about the First Family of John F. Kennedy. The album had meteoric fame and fortune and was immensely enjoyed by President Kennedy. Then, on a fateful November day.... Lee Harvey Oswald killed two people that day...our beloved President and Vaughn Meader. I have converted an LP that I came across at an estate sale a few weeks ago and have put it up on the site as HOMAGE to Vaughn Meader and the other artists who created this HISTORICAL CLASSIC. I have also put up the BIO of Vaughn Meader which is tragic. One other note, Vaughn Meader was my inspiration to LEARN how to mimic John Kennedy and is where my inspiration came from for the voice of CAPT. IVAN PANSY.

HEAR or DOWNLOAD IT NOW AT:

The First Family - PART 1

The First Family - PART 2

[edit on 11/26/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
The U2U's have been AWESOME in response to this FIND. What I find unbelievable is the POLITICAL HUMOR regarding the COLD WAR problems at the time with Cuba, Russia, etc. This is a MUST LISTEN for any ATS audiophile who wants HISTORY at its funniest.

Dave

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The First Family Volume 1-2 can be found at Amazon.com in CD format. Just a thought that you did not have to buy it only at a garage sale, since it is still available.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Hey.... thanks Skip. I didn't even realize that it was still in existence. The last thing I had heard was that they pulled it forever. Good..... mine is only in one channel.

Thanks...

Dave

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
omg... i listened to the whole album it was so funny. He was uncannily like jack kennedy!

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
You know I started collecting albums since about 62 and I believe I have that LP on vinyl,I'd have to check thru storage

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Thank You for posting this, this was great. Best part "well then...i'll have the eastern part of his sandwich!"
Cheers!

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Dave Rabbit

Wow. Just now found this and downloaded it. Skip, you posted it on 11/11/08, my 54th birthday. Of course I loved having that b-day when I was a kid, 'cuz I always had the day off from school (it being Veteran's Day).

And I remember JFK vividly because my parents were involved in his election campaign. From a child's viewpoint I recall a man who made me dream about faraway lands (the Peace Corps) and accentuated my early love of astronomy (by vowing to put a man on the moon before the end of the decade). My parents took my brother and me to D.C. in August of '63 and we participated in the big civil rights march. (Don't remember MLK's "I Have a Dream" but I do remember Peter, Paul and Mary. :~) Little did we know that three months later we would return to Washington for JFK's funeral.

Listening to this sweet parody (which I've only heard snippets of, never having seen the album) brings me back to a more innocent time -- in my own life, and in the life of that time as well. Thanks, Skip, for bringing back a wonderful piece of it.

new topics

top topics

join