It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Power of Nightmares

page: 1

join
share:
MMP

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
A friend of mine told me about this series. Since I'm in the US I didn't get to see it when it first aired. I think a lot of ATS members will benefit from watching these films. I did a quick search and didn't see a thread on this. This is a film by Adam Curtis, in 3 parts, that outlines the neocon movement and why the war on terror isn't what the media and US/UK government would have you believe. I watched all 3 parts last night and was very impressed with how they connect everything. It's all laid out very well.

This is a series of films about how and why that fantasy was created, and who it benefits. At the heart of the story are two groups: the American neoconservatives, and the radical Islamists. Both were idealists who were born out of the failure of the liberal dream to build a better world. And both had a very similar explanation for what caused that failure. These two groups have changed the world, but not in the way that either intended.

The 3 films can be found at Google Video:
Part 1: Baby it's Cold Outside
Part 2: The Phantom Victory
Part 3: The Shadows in the Cave

Anyone have any comments on the films?

[edit on 10/23/2006 by MMP]

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
yeah i saw these last year,

prob the best documentries on the war of terror ive yet seen,

the Algirian group headed by a chicken farmer is so funny,how he kills any1 who disagrees with him,and that the whole of their country had been declared infidels and must die

and how fundamentalist get to a point where they see every1 as impure but them selfs and end up a suicide bomber.

MMP

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The only thing I didn't really understand about the film was the implication that the neocons and globalists (like Kissenger) work together but aren't really on the same page. It made me think that they were almost rivals both grabbing for the same global influence.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
This was discussed over two years ago, the same time it aired on BBC2.
We had quite a few good programs leading up to the US elections.
Here you go www.abovetopsecret.com...'
spyke

top topics

join