It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

horses in a dream - help with interpretation please?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Generaly my dreams are pretty literal, or I see things as they happen (or will happen), or I 'just know' etc.

But here's a dream that stumped me.

(background = new divorce, still living with and 'kinda-somewhat-maybe a little bit togetherISH)

Ok. Dream: (And I'll be as breif as possible and include all the details I can think of about the part that makes me go Hmmm...)

Husband (x) and I are standing at stables. I know that all we have to do is want/wish and things will 'appear/happen'. So I want/wish for a horse. I get a very loving and sweet young (not full grown) horse... very light in color. (P.S. I like very dark horses)....
Anyway... then I get another very light, loving, gental, I'm-bonded-to non-adult horse. These horses aren't old enough to ride yet, but I know that they are with me for the long run, that they will be very good to me and all that good stuff. I feel gentel and loving towards my horses. These are horses I will care for and need to take care of as they grow.

Then husband wants/wishes for a horse and gets this HUGE very dark, fast and strong horse. He don't stand around loving his horse - he immediately hops on the horse and rides away fast - very fast.

I can 'get' the insinuation... but... I went looking in the dream definitions on line (something I never do)... and they talked about all kinds of horses and situations... but... anyway, anyone that is interested in the dream interpretation thing - and has a clue?

(I'll post a few more ??? dreams from lately that aren't my typical 'I already know' kind of dreams. These dreams mean something - I do know that much. They 'feel different'.

Thanks,

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I think it's a dream saying 'you will be left with the children while your husbaqnd heads off into the sunset? Not really certain though

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I don't know what it means, specifically to your own dream - but horses always signify God's overseers/archangels/watchers etc... You know, those that go 'to and fro' and keep God updated...the book of Zechariah gives me the best understanding...

And horses are powerful and are used for travel and also in war....and their colors are always significant, it would seem...

Hey, wait....suddenly it's making more sense to me...

Husband (signifies Christ as husband) and you (signifies your soul as bride)....

His 'horse' is experienced, powerful, and well known to Him (hence he didn't need the preliminaries or 'foreplay' of loving the horse - they must be old friends and maybe even are 2 in 1 like the Lone Ranger and silver?)...

and being your protector, he rides out 'before you.'

You are symbolically both the bride and the mother of the 'sons of God' in your dream - young horses needing nurturing and gentle attention....

I don't think the fact that it is your ex-husband has anything to do with in making it about you personally (as far as personal physical life) - I think this is a spiritual dream all the way - prophetic in nature, not personally healing (which is our 'normal' purpose of dreaming during uneventful times)...

But in our mind, we are supplied with symbols that we can relate to as far as meaning in the general context of the spiritual picture.....how else can God convey 'husband' unless He draws you a picture of what you've known in this life that is 'husband?'

The dark horse represents both mystery and judgment - and the hidden nature of true revelation...(which you are having in your dreams, I KNOW you are!)

And you are drawn to the dark horse - but youngsters are not dark yet - they are fresh and new - and in the book of revelation, the 'pale' horse is actually a 'green' horse - which signifies 'new growth' new 'sprouts of life'....

Remember what it says in the bible - that if two agree they can move mountains?

Your soul is agreeing with it's husband! There is nothing the 'two of you' cannot do!

I think you should take great comfort in this dream - it is God telling you that you have nothing to worry about - just believe as you always have because the days for which you have yearned are upon you and you are known by Him - by name!

How wonderful! What you feel in your heart is actually the truth (in regard to God's love!)

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Hi Queenannie

I might sugest that you try lucid dreaming meditation techniques. There are many topics on lucid dreaming here on the forums
I have found the best way to figure out my dreams is to understand why you are dreaming in the first place..
Its a personal journy that will make complete sense to you in your consinse of dreaming state. We are an expression of ourselfs in the dream state. If you understand your dreaming, then you could ask the horse who it is.. You might be shocked at what you hear, but that is your consinse at this point trying to tell you something. You came here for answers to something personal, the best I can do offer you this bit about my personal exp with dreams, and how lucid dreaming opened many new doors for me in understanding myself, and the world around me.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

check that link

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by probedbygrays
I think it's a dream saying 'you will be left with the children while your husbaqnd heads off into the sunset? Not really certain though

That's a good thought. Didn't even think of that one... but it would be fine by me
:-)

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
queenannie38,
That was beautiful.

Originally posted by queenannie38
God telling you that you have nothing to worry about - just believe as you always have because the days for which you have yearned are upon you and you are known by Him - by name!

How wonderful! What you feel in your heart is actually the truth (in regard to God's love!)

And the above part... I certainly believe that and remind myself EVERYDAY!

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Hi zysin5,

I tried the lucid dreaming for a while - I found that it takes away the part of the dream that I'm most looking for though.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The stables you are at stand for the crossroads you are at in your relationship. You are both making your decisions of where you want to go from here. And you are seeing how you feel about the choices that are being made. You have your children who you love and who love you. Its not perfect, but from the choices you have, this is the best, and you will be happy. He gets what you thought you wanted (material objects, ie finances, career, truck) you feel uspset not for him or him runing off but for what he has because he wont and does not love what he now has the way you did......what he now has will fail because he doesnt love and care for it they way you did, and you are upset because those things you worked so hard for and poured you heart into are in the hands of an uncareing, selfish, passionless ####### ahem sorry....person.

I see this dream as a very black and white pic - a way for you to understand the realization of what you are going through NOW. Not something that is going to happen. I also think that with you seeing him ride off fast on that big strong dark horse......by standing back and seeing it that way.....you know what is going to happen to him. Its kind of like raising a child there are times you know they are going to crash and burn. Plain and simple.....the horse is going to buck him off and kick him in the rear.

[edit on 24-10-2006 by mrsdudara]

[edit on 24-10-2006 by mrsdudara]

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
mrsdudara,
Sounds like the anology of the thoughts in my head. Remind me again that I'm actualy glad to be the caring one in all this...

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
You ARE glad to be the caring one in all this. Its the best spot to be in!!! Your life will be very fullfilling!!! The kids come with something more precious and more valuable than anything he's gonna get......unconditional love.

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Hiya

I think the horses represent desires, strength and beauty as well as control to a degree.

You love dark horses...like Frisians...what you get is a paler shade of horse X2...yet you find joy and happiness in that. That is where you differ from your X...you can be happy with less than you expect. You don't view it as a loss though you may feel disappointment, you have the ability to take what's given and thus it becomes exactly what you've always wanted.

Your Husband got the horse you would have loved to have...but he felt no joy...he felt only power and jumped to use it knowing it was something you really would have liked for yourself had you had the choice.

You chose to be grateful and content. You view your Husband as always choosing to be powerful and always searching for more...bigger...better...

Horses are the power we can either tame with kindness and respect or tame through broken spirit and slavery to our ideal/idea of strength.

[edit on 11/18/2006 by justgeneric]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
i think its awesome to hear someone else dreams of horses. as far back as i can remember i have dreamt of horses more than anything...except fro demonic attacks but dont the indians consider horses and dreams of horses to be good medicine?

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngelaLadyS
I know that all we have to do is want/wish and things will 'appear/happen'.

Me & my SO get these kind of dreams more & more too.

Originally posted by AngelaLadyS
So I want/wish for a horse. I get a very loving and sweet young (not full grown) horse... very light in color. (P.S. I like very dark horses)....

Means you need to get a husband more like your kids. Get out of the rut/habit of being attracted to the kind not good/compatible to your best interests (ie. stay away from dark horses - metaphor).

That's my 2C.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Horses are often interpreted as having sexual significance. A woman dreaming of being fearful or on a runaway would be said to repress a fear of sex, or a fear of being dominated in a relationship.

Perhaps the choice of a younger, more loving horse shows that you would like to be in control of your relationship......the more powerful mount you see your husband on might suggest that you see him as the one in control......taking the lead that you might like to try.

Your subconscious could be trying to choose between the flashy horse/man/relationship or the quieter, not sooo impressive, but more caring one.....even if it/he doesn't have the looks you go for.....?

[edit on 7-1-2007 by frayed1]

new topics

top topics

join