It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The FSME's are here!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Welcome our first experimental Forum Subject Matter Experts, Byrd and intelgurl. Byrd will be helping with the Science and Technology forum, while intelgurl will be helping with the Aircraft Projects forum.

These first two FSME's will help us define what role this new title plays in helping the overall ATS experience. So far, we envision the role to he 3 parts research librarian and one part editorial director. Very different from moderators, FMSE's don't police the actions of members, instead, they help guide discussions and help members with points of research and accuracy.

However, by the time we're finished with his experiment, we may have an entirely different description of what an FSME does, or, may even have an entirely different title/role... who knows. For now, help Byrd and intelgurl with their newfound role in helping ATS.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 12:03 PM
link   
A big congrats to Byrd and Intelgurl, i look forward to liasing with you in the future.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Yay, these are (imo) the best parts of the forum. I welcome them all and look forward to some decent discussion.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Congratulations....

I think that you have picked the right people for this.
(no offense to others that wanted this)

I really enjoy reading what Intelgurl and Byrd have to say, they're ok in my book !!

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Congratulations to Byrd and Intelgurl!!!

And to the staff - what awesome picks!

woohoo! Valhall busts a move in celebration!

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Yes, major congrats to both of you.

I have an idea for the system. Maybe we could have points involved to reward quality answers and prevent one person from asking too many questions.

For example, if one member wants to ask a question, he contacts the FSME and puts a deposit of points. If the FSME provides a good answer, then the points are given to him.

I'm not sure how to really describe it in detail, but just my opinion on how it should work.

Or maybe we could have a sort of like a free-for-all forum, where someone could post a question, and everyone could try to answer it...

[Edited on 11-10-03 by Saucerat]

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Hey congrats to you too. Your do well with your jobs. Good luck Byrd and intergurl.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Congratulations to both of you.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Thanks, guys.
It should be fun (and a bit challenging) !!

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Congrats to you both...should be interesting to see how this works....

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 02:19 PM
link   
indeed concrats

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Two very intelligent members perfectly chosen for this FSME. I would imagine it's going to be very informative and full of food for the brain

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I used to think one of these FSME's was a boy, until I played doctors and nurses with her earlier today.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 03:10 AM
link   
congrats guys..............good job

new topics

top topics

join