It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why no answer from Admin?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
About 4 or 5 weeks ago, I sent in a proposal to have a guest speaker on board. He is the guy that made "JFK II" film. I never heard anything back so 2 or 3 weeks later I sent another e-mail asking if they had made a decision yet. I never heard back from anyone at all. I realize there are a ton of e-mail that go to admin, but it said I would hear back within 2 to 4 days or some such.
Why have I not heard anything, does anyone know?

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I think your question would be best served by sending it to "complain" button, third from the left.

it goes Home,members and "complain".

This sends it directly to mods who can send it to super mods who can send it higher-if necessary.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Thank you, Mr. Monsoon. I have however, already spoken with a mod who has spoken to someone else about it, twice. I have used the complain button, but never get an answer from ANYONE. It's very frustrating to put time into creating a post, communicating with the proposed guest speaker, etc. setting it all up, but hear...well, nothing. I don't know what to tell my guest speaker either. ???

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I only have what looks like 2 emails on this subject.

This one:

10 days ago, I submitted an e-mail to admin to ask them about setting up an interview (and possibly an ad) with the maker of the film "JFK II". I never heard back from anyone. I know all of you are very busy, but I am wondering what you decided, seems like I would have heard from ya'll by now. Could you please let me know if you want to pursue it or not?

On September 21 didn't include any return email address.

And this one:

I made JFK II - the Bush connection
and
The Assassination of JFK Jr. - Murder by Manchurian Candidate. It's not like I have an advertizing budget. But perhaps you'll make me an offer I can't refuse.
Here's hoping.

On September 8 had an incorrect email as my reply bounced back to me.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Oh, I was assuming that the posts you receive automatically has the sender's e-mail. THanks for the clarification. Now that you know who I am, might you consider my proposal now?
Thanks, S.O.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
As it stands right now, we have a really full plate for not just "guest speakers" who are waiting to get on but lots of other issues we are hammering out. Not only did S.O. attempt to reply to that first email, I did as well and got the same "bounced email" response.

The bottom line is, Guest Speaker's are quite a bit of work and we only want to expend the resources/effort those that the greatest majority of Members are interested in at the moment they appear.

Right now we have several in the pipeline, so it's going to be at least 6 months before we can even get to the preliminary stages on this one.

Do check back in the spring of 2007.

Springer...

[edit on 10-18-2006 by Springer]

[edit on 10-18-2006 by Springer]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Thanks Springer, that does help to know that. I don't know why my e-mail would have bounced other than I must have typed it in wrong, not sure.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
It's very frustrating to put time into creating a post, communicating with the proposed guest speaker, etc. setting it all up, but hear...well, nothing. I don't know what to tell my guest speaker either. ???

Hmmm...Any post besides here? If so, a link would be nice. I don't know how the Illustrious Staff handles things since ATS grew so big from the "old days", but perhaps they (& us) could find out how much ATS members want to hear from your guest speaker.

In short, perhaps a bit of info about your guest speaker & what he/she would like to talk about may give everybody a clue as to whether ATS Staff should even try devoting any time to setting it up...Even if it'll be a while before they can.

BTW, Skeptic Overlord...I sent a U2U to you a while back, but I found another way to solve the problem with displaying uploaded pics; In short, if/when you see it, ignore it & toss it into your "circular file" (ie: trashcan). The problem's been solved.

[edit on 19-10-2006 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Actually, Midnite Destroyer, I did post what the topic was about at the beginning of my first post.
In addition, I had also created a thread about 5 weeks ago, telling people about him and asking people about what they'd like to hear. I had about 2 replies, when a mod moved it into the admin threads so it's no longer accessible.

new topics

top topics

join