It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alaska Has Run Out Of Oil

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Dear Everybody:

Alaska has been pumped dry of oil. No, I’m not crazy. This is per official U.S. government statistic. Here’s the link. See for yourselves. tonto.eia.doe.gov...

Of course no one is going to tell us this publicly. We wouldn’t want people to panic now would we? BP (slickly marketed as “beyond petroleum”) has shareholders to answer to.

The thing to keep in mind about oil statistics is that the “stated reserves” are arbitrarily chosen numbers. They’re not scientific approximations and they’re not “honest guesswork” by geologists. The financial rewards of reporting oil fields in the greatest — believable — size possible is simply too great. The size of the oil finds is the main determinant in the amount of money that changes hands. The larger “the asset” the more creditors will loan and buyers will pay.

Competitiveness in the marketplace therefore compels countries and individuals alike to overstate their assets, i.e. their “proven” oil supplies. Consequently, the only sure-fire way to judge the true possible available amount of a natural resource is by monitoring actual production. And, judging by the current “technical” difficulties we’re having in Alaska, we’re at the bottom of the (oil) barrel. We’re wrestling to extract the remainder. The figures prove this. And the oil companies have concluded that the ballyhooed ANWR isn’t worth “developing”. Perhaps they know that there isn’t that much crude under it.

Greetings,
The Wizard In The Woods

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I see that production is down since the nineties, but what makes you think that Alaska has no more oil?

Is it because the figures for August and September are not included?

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
no way, they will find more oil sooner or later in Alaska, plus i don't hink the US government would be too dumb to let Alaskan oil reserves run out... i mean they're dumb but theyr're not that dumb!

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Dear GradyPhilpott:

Is that really you on one of those Segaway doomagiggies?

Yes, unfortunately the figures for August and September 2006 have not yet been released. August will be shown in about two weeks.

Still, the chart is a tell-all. It shows nearly the entire output life-cycle of the Alaskan oil fields. In the late nineteen eighties production was at two million plus barrels a day. In July 2006 it was 681,000 barrels. Oil pumping was turned on-and-off since the “pipe corrosion story” in early August. Last Friday, 13 September 2006, production was at 90,000 barrels/day.

This whole sludge buildup issue seems indicative that we’re extracting the last parts of the oil reservoirs — especially considering the overall historical output data.

Greetings,
The Wizard In The Woods

[edit on 10/18/2006 by Wizard_In_The_Woods]

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
That's not me on the Segway. I think those are cool vehicles, but I don't see much practical use for one. Besides, I'm not that handsome.

You might be right about the oil in Alaska running out. Nothing lasts for ever and BP must have their backs against a wall to make a series of such condescending and offensive commercials.

However, I think that the US has a lot of oil that could be tapped if there were not so many environmental restrictions and if the price of oil were such to make extraction profitable. From my view, it is best left in the ground while we do our best to find alternatives to oil, but I do believe that eventually a time will come when will open the offshore fields, the Alaskan fields and those in Louisiana and Texas that are not producing because they can't compete with foreign oil.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   
There's two huge fields in alaska that have never been reported to the people of the US. Gull Island is one and I can't remember the other. Lindsey William's book "The Energy Non-Crisis" is obviously amateur writing, but chock full of things you will never read anywhere else. I bought his book off amazon for a few bucks and it was amazing. He was the chaplain on the alaskan pipeline when it was first being built and he sat on the board meetings and heard everything the oil barons said. There is also a link somewhere to an interview with Mr. Williams in one of my posts somewhere but I can't remember where right now.

No, there's plenty of oil in alaska, but the relationship with OPEC and the marriage to the saudis and the mideast, is necessary for how else would the PTB motivate Americans to focus mentally on that forsaken desert? In order to conquer the mid-east, Americans must think that their livelyhood is there so they'll follow the fascist call to manufactured conflict we are now seeing.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I think more likely, the oil companies are starting to stage the "unforeseen demand" for oil this winter...

"and my oH my... why didn't we produce more when they could...
what are we going to do now... I guess we will have to raise the price of oil...
sorry, nothing can be done... if only we had forseen these increased demands months ago, we could have done something"

they did... they slowed the production, so that a few weeks, and months from now the price will go up (after the elections of course)

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Has America (or anywhere else for that matter) made any attempt to reduce the amount of oil it consumes because sooner or later it will run out and what will happen then. In the Uk there seems to be a revival of big engined cars, 4, 5 or mores litres in size which seems ridiculous considering the cost of petrol in the UK, about 9$ a gallon. This madness has to stop at some point, why are we not using alternative power sources, and reducing the amount of plastics in everday goods.
Rubbish tips will be the goldmines of the future, all that plastic we have dumped will have some real value.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I seriously doubt that Alaska has run out of oil. Trust me, the U.S. government is ready to use everyone else's oil before our own. Once all the oil everywhere else is gone, then we will use our reserves. So I have a hard time even sort of believing that Alaskan oil reserves are empty.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
In the US the tax on a gallon is about 25-30% if I recall and gas right now is 2.04$ a gallon. What is the tax portion in the UK?

mikell

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
If we are running out of oil up here, it hasn't made any of the local news outlets...

Trust me, the citizens up here would be privy to this kind of info...

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Alot of oil in alaska is still there as much of it is FROZEN!!!!

As the global temp rises and the Artic continues to melt 500 years of oil will be made more accessible.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps
There's two huge fields in alaska that have never been reported to the people of the US. Gull Island is one and I can't remember the other. Lindsey William's book "The Energy Non-Crisis" is obviously amateur writing, but chock full of things you will never read anywhere else. I bought his book off amazon for a few bucks and it was amazing. He was the chaplain on the alaskan pipeline when it was first being built and he sat on the board meetings and heard everything the oil barons said. There is also a link somewhere to an interview with Mr. Williams in one of my posts somewhere but I can't remember where right now.

No, there's plenty of oil in alaska, but the relationship with OPEC and the marriage to the saudis and the mideast, is necessary for how else would the PTB motivate Americans to focus mentally on that forsaken desert? In order to conquer the mid-east, Americans must think that their livelyhood is there so they'll follow the fascist call to manufactured conflict we are now seeing.

Mr. Williams's book is quite revealing, and is available online.

www.reformation.org...

I believe that there are many reasons for the manipulation of energy prices, the chief of which is mega-profit.

[edit on 26-11-2006 by resistor]

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
i told you this already before. america and the nations are running dry on oil. the nations will need to consider who will control the little oil we do have. the world is running dry. we are now protecting these vast oil pockets in the gulf and the other nations as well. iran knows this, iran, iraq and saudi hold the key to the nations oil future. we will continue to be in the gulf and over into iraq, close by so that iran will do nothing stupid with the oil. this nuke thing only makes it that much more difficult, with him waving nuklear arsenial in our faces. im serious, this will go down in february 2007 , with iran to attack in the gulf. usa will invade iran. time magazine to give tips on the happennings there. gas prices to rise in late december 2007 to early january 2008.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
You guys... seriously... does no one here actually work in the oilfield sector? Cmon...

EVERY oil find produces the MOST in the first two years and then trickles on for tens of years after the fact. There is not an oil shortage... They are finding deposits world wide faster than we can punch holes into them.

Stop the fear mongering.

I agree the price of oil is controlled. 100%. Its so inflateded right now it unbelievable.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
yeah , small oil pockets that amount to nothing. usa alone takes in billions of gallons. we take in less oil than we consume. this is why we have several oil contributors. if one of them is to faulter or let us go we would slowly go under. the gov't lies about this constantly. fake facts , fake finds and the works. you will see in february anyway, and you will say , well i was misinformed. and i will say , oh really. give me just, ONE FACT, about a large vast oil promise that is to ease the nations demands on oil. just one. what , nothing? let me help you. IRANs oil promise is vast enough to support the nations needs. hello, you think that nukes is the only reason why we are over there? not, it is the OIL. colorado to produce more oil than the middle east, what a joke. LETS START DRILLING, THEN AMERICA it is not happenning. why not. maybe because it is a BIG FAT LIE.

[edit on 26-11-2006 by littlebird]

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Well, lets be rational people. Production is down at its lowest levels since 1977.. rather significant..

How ever, BP's (I know it as British Petroleum?) main oil line suffered damage this year, which may explain why production is down. Also, remember Katrina knocked out our main refineries, if there is no where to process the oil into gas then there is no use to pump more of it out of the ground, cars don't run on oil. I think these two reasons are the biggest as to why production has been slower lately. It is also supply and demand, if there is no demand for oil from Alaska it won't be pumped.. we are getting more and more from Venezuela and now Iraq since our companies are in there now.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by littlebird
yeah , small oil pockets that amount to nothing. usa alone takes in billions of gallons. we take in less oil than we consume. this is why we have several oil contributors. if one of them is to faulter or let us go we would slowly go under. the gov't lies about this constantly. fake facts , fake finds and the works. you will see in february anyway, and you will say , well i was misinformed. and i will say , oh really. give me just, ONE FACT, about a large vast oil promise that is to ease the nations demands on oil. just one. what , nothing? let me help you. IRANs oil promise is vast enough to support the nations needs. hello, you think that nukes is the only reason why we are over there? not, it is the OIL. colorado to produce more oil than the middle east, what a joke. LETS START DRILLING, THEN AMERICA it is not happenning. why not. maybe because it is a BIG FAT LIE.

[edit on 26-11-2006 by littlebird]

Sorry, didnt realize that the world of oil stopped at the US border.

I dont understand you...Oil is bought and sold on a WORLD market... not based on whos backyard it is in. Even if the USA had ZERO oil production it would still be importing as much as it needs...

I dont understand the point to this thread then? Maybe thats it.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
this is true, but the consumption america and other nations uses is far to great. we are running out of vast oil pockets to feed the world. it just is not enough for us nations. iran is gearing up to unite the peoples and stop the flow of oil into the united states. our guy is over there right now for negotiations for peace and oil rights as i write now. if irans president does not comply with the negotiations USA will impose sanctions. these sanctions will cause iran to bomb in the gulf , in turn USA will invade iran. FEBRUARY is the deadline. watch it happen, unfold before our eyes.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
well we sertainly cannot pick the ground the oil is on now can we. unfortunately the world deals with these people over there ok. sorry to break your bubble,but that is the way it is, we cannot change where the oil is ok.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join