It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coalition deaths hit 3,000

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The death toll for coalition military forces in Iraq hit 3,000 Monday, according to a CNN tally. Which is sad,these people all have families.There more than just a number/statistic/Casulties of war.They are Mothers,Fathers,Sons,Daughters,Brothers and Sisters.Yes,they signed up for the millitary,and all they ever asked was to not be put in harms way for no good reason.America and the coalition have failed these brave people.They didnt die providing freedom or liberating anyone.They didnt die protecting us.They died fighting someones failed agenda.And there in lies the tragedy.My thoughts go out to the families of these people.My hats off to them for a courage and bravery,as well as giving up their lives.Hopefully there will be an end to this senseless loss of life.And then i wont have to post another thread entitled "Coalition deaths hit 6,000".

(CNN)-The death toll for coalition military forces in Iraq hit 3,000 Monday, according to a CNN tally.

The combined death toll includes 2,759 U.S. troops and seven American civilian contractors of the military.

Other coalition deaths include 119 British, 32 Italians, 18 Ukrainians, 17 Poles, 13 Bulgarians, and 11 Spaniards, as well as service members from Australia, Denmark, Estonia, Fiji, Holland, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Romania, Salvador, Slovakia, and Thailand. www.cnn.com...

[edit on 17-10-2006 by Black_Fox]

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
You can add these to the total as well

(MSNBC)-BAGHDAD, Iraq - The U.S. military reported Wednesday that 10 American troops had been killed on Tuesday, raising the death toll so far this month to 69 and putting October on track to be the deadliest month for coalition forces since January 2005.

White House spokesman Tony Snow said the deaths would not make President Bush reconsider his plans for Iraq.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Indeed, its terrible. These are the best people from society, the ones that were willing AND able to stick their necks out for everyone else and the society at large.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
"Victory"!?And "To Win"!?

So thats what all these men people are dying for.But whos victory?What deems victory?How many more have to die until "victory"?From the sounds of things,many more.

(RawStory)-US says troop deaths in Iraq are price of victory

Washington- US military deaths in Iraq are the price of fighting for victory in the battle against terrorism, the White House said Wednesday, as the US military reported 10 soldiers killed in a single day. The casualties in a string of separate attacks Tuesday raised this month's US death toll above 60, making October already one of the bloodiest months for US troops since the March 2003 invasion.
rawstory.com...

Asked by a reporter whether the latest deaths would prompt US President George W Bush to change strategy, White House spokesman Tony Snow said: "No, the strategy is to win."

Bush "grieves for the people who have served" in Iraq, but victory "comes at a cost," Snow said. rawstory.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Indeed, its terrible. These are the best people from society, the ones that were willing AND able to stick their necks out for everyone else and the society at large.

you are kidding right?

everyone else? .... not me thank you

3000 is terrible, from the same person that thinks 600000 dead iraqis deserved it

you make me

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by born_to_be_wired

you are kidding right?

3000 is terrible, from the same person that thinks 600000 dead iraqis deserved it

you make me

You have proof anyone said they "deserved it"?
Theres already a thread about the 600,000 Iraqis who have died.
Here www.abovetopsecret.com...

ANd if your curious to know my thoughts on those deaths,go here

posted on 17-10-2006 at 12:49 PM (post id: 2557021) - single Too many people dying,but hey i guess that would mean 655,000 have been "liberated" by Bush.Im a true believer that things would have been better,had we left Iraq alone,period.There would seem to be many more serious threats to the U.S than Iraq.Actually,how many times has Bush changed his story about why we went to war with Iraq anyways?Im pretty sure 655,000 people currently dont care about the reasons,they just know that is was a bad decision.People tend to look at the number 655,000 as a statistic,but in reality it someone mom,dad,sister,brother,son,daughter that is being lost.And forget money,that many deaths is far to high a price to pay for any war. www.abovetopsecret.com...

And those figures just came out a day or 2 ago,hence why its in the "Current Events" area.And if my avatar has your undies in a bunch,i mean no disrespect in it,just making a statement and testament,to always remind those,the cost of this war.This is a thread about another perspective of this war,in terms of loss of military lives for no good reason.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox

you are kidding right?

you make me

posted on 17-10-2006 at 12:49 PM (post id: 2557021) - single Too many people dying,but hey i guess that would mean 655,000 have been "liberated" by Bush.Im a true believer that things would have been better,had we left Iraq alone,period.There would seem to be many more serious threats to the U.S than Iraq.Actually,how many times has Bush changed his story about why we went to war with Iraq anyways?Im pretty sure 655,000 people currently dont care about the reasons,they just know that is was a bad decision.People tend to look at the number 655,000 as a statistic,but in reality it someone mom,dad,sister,brother,son,daughter that is being lost.And forget money,that many deaths is far to high a price to pay for any war. www.abovetopsecret.com...

And those figures just came out a day or 2 ago,hence why its in the "Current Events" area.And if my avatar has your undies in a bunch,i mean no disrespect in it,just making a statement and testament,to always remind those,the cost of this war.This is a thread about another perspective of this war,in terms of loss of military lives for no good reason.

I was refering to the other poster not you dude

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   

you are kidding right?

you make me

I was refering to the other poster not you dude

Oh,ok then

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I suppose the only way to give this post a impact and meaning is to dedicate it to those who have died.By putting a face and explanation of how the died in battle,to get a full understanding of the senseless loss of life.

(CNN)-There have been 3,018 coalition deaths, 2,784 Americans, two Australians, 119 Britons, 13 Bulgarians, six Danes, two Dutch, two Estonians, one Fijian, one Hungarian, 32 Italians, one Kazakh, one Latvian, 17 Poles, two Romanians, two Salvadoran, three Slovaks, 11 Spaniards, two Thai and 18 Ukrainians in the war in Iraq as of October 19, 2006, according to a CNN count. (Graphical breakdown of casualties). The list below is the names of the soldiers, Marines, airmen, sailors and Coast Guardsmen whose deaths have been reported by their country's governments. The list also includes seven employees of the U.S. Defense Department. At least 21,077 U.S. troops have been wounded in action, according to the Pentagon. View casualties in the war in Afghanistan and examine U.S. war casualties dating back to the Revolutionary War.

Go here for a indepth look at a list of who these people were
www.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
And it continues..

(CNN)-Bombs rip though holiday market in Iraq POSTED: 8:32 p.m. EDT, October 21, 2006

Meanwhile, three U.S. Marines were killed by enemy action in Anbar province Saturday, the U.S. military said.

The deaths bring the October death toll to 78, the highest U.S. monthly total this year. Seventy-six troops were killed in April. A total of 2,791 troops have been killed in the war.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Soldiers never die; they regroup as angels.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
And continues.....

(MSNBC)-U.S. sailor, 4 Marines killed in western Iraq
www.msnbc.msn.com...

U.S. fatalities in October reach 96 — the highest in a year
www.msnbc.msn.com...

BAGHDAD, Iraq - The number of American troops killed in Iraq in October reached the highest monthly total in a year on Thursday after four Marines and a sailor died of wounds suffered while fighting in same Sunni insurgent stronghold
www.msnbc.msn.com...

The U.S. military said 96 U.S. troops have died so far in October, the highest monthly total since October 2005, when the same number of American forces was killed. The highest monthly death toll prior to that came in Jan. 2005, when 107 U.S. troops were killed.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
And continues...

(MSNBC)-Negroponte in Iraq; U.S. military reports deaths of 3 soldiers, 4 Marines
www.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 3-11-2006 by Black_Fox]

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   
And still.....

3 more U.S. troop deaths in Iraq

BAGHDAD (CNN) -- Two Marines and a soldier were killed in Al Anbar Province, the U.S. military said Sunday. The Marines, assigned to Regimental Combat Team 5, died over the weekend -- one on Saturday and the other Sunday -- from wounds incurred Saturday in Al Anbar Province, the U.S. military said. A soldier assigned to 1st Brigade, 1st Armored Division died Sunday, also from wounds suffered in Al Anbar Province. Two other U.S. troops died on Saturday in Iraq, the U.S. military said. www.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   
"Well, at least he died for a cause" Rafterman.

"Oh yea, what cause is that?" Animal Mother.

"Freedom?"

"Freedom!?! You Think we kill gooks for freedom?"

[edit on 6-11-2006 by kriegott]

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   
i have a serious issue i need to have answered.

why does the media release statistics like this in an effort to appeal to our emotions? doesnt anyone realize by thinking rationally, that people die in war? do americans really believe that western soldiers are invincible, and shouldnt be "allowed" to die? are they really that arrogant and ignorant?

ITS A FREAKING WAR, PEOPLE. PEOPLE WILL DIE. DEATH IS INEVITABLE.

not only that, but our opponents do not follow the alleged "rules of war". they are so engrossed with their religious beliefs, that they happily strap bobms to them selves in order to take out an american convoy. its called unconventional warfare. the modern american military is not trained, and never has been trained, to fight against guerillas. the best analogy i can thing of is david and goliath.

my heart goes out to the familes who lost a loved one, but i fail to understand why people dont realize that people will die in a war.

[edit on 6-11-2006 by prototism]

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by prototism

why does the media release statistics like this in an effort to appeal to our emotions? doesnt anyone realize by thinking rationally, that people die in war? do americans really believe that western soldiers are invincible, and shouldnt be "allowed" to die? are they really that arrogant and ignorant?

not only that, but our opponents do not follow the alleged "rules of war". they are so engrossed with their religious beliefs, that they happily strap bobms to them selves in order to take out an american convoy. its called unconventional warfare. the modern american military is not trained, and never has been trained, to fight against guerillas. the best analogy i can thing of is david and goliath.

my heart goes out to the familes who lost a loved one, but i fail to understand why people dont realize that people will die in a war.

"my heart goes out to the familes who lost a loved one, but i fail to understand why people dont realize that people will die in a war."

People do realize that people will die in a war,but the question is,should they?Is there a good reason were sending these brave people to die?IMO,no there isnt.So therefore people dont have to accept the deaths that are occuring.As far as the media reporting the deaths,they should.Why hide the devestating cost of this "war" and the loss of lives.I say keep reporting it till people get sick,and then maybe they will wake up and realize these people are dying for no good reason.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
It looks to me like at the rate of death since the last month we will be losing the most soldiers ever before Christmas.

What a way to bring the holidays to the families of the fallen heroes.

Sad.

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by prototism

"my heart goes out to the familes who lost a loved one, but i fail to understand why people dont realize that people will die in a war."

People do realize that people will die in a war,but the question is,should they?Is there a good reason were sending these brave people to die?IMO,no there isnt.So therefore people dont have to accept the deaths that are occuring.As far as the media reporting the deaths,they should.Why hide the devestating cost of this "war" and the loss of lives.I say keep reporting it till people get sick,and then maybe they will wake up and realize these people are dying for no good reason.
well, assuming terrorism, specifically the groups and persons supposedly behind the 9/11 attack, ISNT a fabricatated truth, we are sending our soldiers there to eliminate the problem from the source.

i mean, again assuming terrorism really is a threat, would you rather have us not be there? would you rather have their "soldiers" on our land(s)?

dont get me wrong, i agree that the iraq war has turned into an indefinite, perhaps even unwinnable war (much like vietnam). but the bottom line is, its still a war. and as i said before, people, both combatants and non-combatants, die in war, on both sides.

i guess im just objecting to the media portryaing the effects of war as unusual and abnormal. i mean, what did they expect to happen in a war? did they really expect the us to just blitzkreig though afghanistan and iraq?

[edit on 7-11-2006 by prototism]

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I hope tomorrow we can do something about the ever-rising death toll.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join