It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I will not believe any NEWS after this!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Read this article by a reporter and it might make you think differently about this 'war on terror'.

The reporter gives us the behind the scenes look at war in afghanistan. Makes you wonder, doesnt it?

meta-religion.com

Mod Edit: Link format edited. Please review this post.

[edit on 17-10-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Very interesting article,

I have come to the conclusion that the "war on terror" is a hoax and a power grab for oil control in the middle east.

Afghanistan was just the medium to get into the middle east and it the people was never a priority or what would become of their nations.

Just look at Iraq right now.

pity.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Ted Rall?

That's your idea of journalism?

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
So, Grady. Attacking the messenger instead of the message again?

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   
The most credible source on the planet

Griff, if the source isn't reliable you shouldn't even read the message period.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I do agree with part of that. But, instead of attacking the messenger let's go through the message and find faults with that. It makes for a better debate and you don't end up looking like you're just saying "nah uh" IMO.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Ted Rall?

That's your idea of journalism?

Thats your idea of a argument?

You could atleast elaborate on why the name Ted Rall gives you the fits.

CX

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by half_minded

You could atleast elaborate on why the name Ted Rall gives you the fits.

Good point, too much of this happens on this forum. Not everyone is as educated as to what is a reliable news source and what is not. Help members, don't flame them.

Hell i thought Fox was great until i came to school at ATS!

CX.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Because Ted Rall was the one that drew political cartoons where he drew a comic showing Pat Tillman who quit football to join the Rangers, and Rall protraying him anti-Arab for that.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
That was an interesting snippet and I would certainly not mind reading the rest of his work as well. It's horrible to see how myopic our journalism has become over the decades as it appreciates into the military complex more fluently, consequently damning objective reporting. Ted Rall did an excellent job in manifesting the irational response of journalists embedded in Iraq by large media networks to the situations occuring in Afghanistan as we speak.

We need more wo/men like this out there in the public.

Deep

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Because Ted Rall was the one that drew political cartoons where he drew a comic showing Pat Tillman who quit football to join the Rangers, and Rall protraying him anti-Arab for that.

So if he made a cartoon, he is not reliable anymore.

Danish reporter also made a cartoon, but people keep defending him.

Its funny how people only believe what they want to believe and completely disregard possibility of anything else.

CX

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Thanks for that Delta

Is that just cause to label something unreliable though, just one incident? Does he make this sort of thing a habit?

Would take me a little more to totaly wash my hands of a news source.

CX.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
It definitely makes sense. The big TV news reporters are flying all across the world and so frequently. When do they actually get the time to do any real research?

They dont even spend too much time at one place. They report back watever NEWS they can get and the editor's choose to post watever fits their agenda.

Im sure the US government pressures the NEWS networks into covering up some of the 'stuff' they do in the name of National Security.

Also point to note that often the reports of death during war are very varied. People can never get a better picture of how many people died. Everyone throws out different numbers at the public.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
He did no reporting on Afghanistan except to say News Agencies are ripped off and some journalists do not know their geography. Sorry, but I have read a 13 y/o web blog that gave me more inforamtion on the War on Terror than this guy.

He skips meetings of people HE feels are nothing but propoganda machines, when he shuold actually be attending and reporting in his own view to help the public. This guy is a whiner.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Afghanistan was no distraction, they are building an oil pipeline now that will run from Kajicistan and several others that are oil rich, through Afghanistan and pakistan to the coast, this will cut the distance for oil drastically and allow them to make shorter trips and save billions more.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX

Is that just cause to label something unreliable though, just one incident? Does he make this sort of thing a habit?

Would take me a little more to totaly wash my hands of a news source.

CX.

Its the kind of habit where he express his discontent for anything he believes he hates. Instead of writing a report, hes more like protraying this or that with distaste then writing actually fact. Like he did about Pat Tillman. He just perceive Tillman as anti-Arab or anti-Muslim because he fought in Afghanistan. What kind of reporting is that???

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
You guys totally ignored the point where he talks about that one time, the reporter reported about the 'daisy cutter' bomb and his editor took it out claiming the report was 'redundant'.

This guy belived in doing his own research rather than getting briefed everyday in the morning by some guy.

His personal opinions aside, he still shows a good point about how journalists have very little knowledge and report back only part of wats really happening during war time.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Its the kind of habit where he express his discontent for anything he believes he hates. Instead of writing a report, hes more like protraying this or that with distaste then writing actually fact. Like he did about Pat Tillman. He just perceive Tillman as anti-Arab or anti-Muslim because he fought in Afghanistan. What kind of reporting is that???

Let me ask you a question. What is your opinion of Bill O'Reiley? Because you just pretty much described his "News" show verbatum. Just switch around Pat Tillman to 9/11 truthers and anti-Arab to terrorists.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

Let me ask you a question. What is your opinion of Bill O'Reiley? Because you just pretty much described his "News" show verbatum. Just switch around Pat Tillman to 9/11 truthers and anti-Arab to terrorists.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The one where O'Reiley's books belong in the recreation section and not along with the the other books that qualifies as scholarly works. Same for Ted Rall.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Fair enough. I was just wondering.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join