It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sightings all too common

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I have a question. Has anyone else here been experiencing an unprecidented amount of UFO sightings as of late?!? The past three weekends i have spent in northern virginia, and I have seen no lees than 5 sightings a day. Metal objects flying alongside military jets, airborne objects that simply dissapear, and large, red lights hanging motionless, then dissapearing in the night sky, all accompanied by a rash of military jets that i have never seen. Any thoughts or similar experiences?!

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I cant say that I have noticed an increase personally, and I havent noticed an increase in reported sightings in the media. I live in south eastern NY, and I was outside watching the eclipse last night for a while, but didnt notice any unusual activity. However I will keep my eyes peeled for the next filers files, as they are a pretty good resource. Most ufo sightings dont get reported officially, or to media etc... unless alot of people see the same thing. The filer files are a pretty good measuring stick, along with a few other ufo reporting periodicals.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Did you see these objects in the night or the day?

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I saw two the other evening, I think it was on Thursday, about 15 minutes apart. May have been the same one, I don't really know. Also saw a shooting star that same night. Pretty cool stuff.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I have seen a few weird lights in the sky. I have seen shooting stars. I even saw two fireballs. Those are cool. One thing I have seen though that I could not explain... To be honest I dont even give myself to much credit on this one. When I was in gradeschool ( I cant remember what grade), our teacher had asked us to observe the stars and look for a few constelations on one night. For what ever weird reason I had at that age I decided to look through a paper towel roll at the sky. I saw what I can closest describe as a dim fireball. At the time I assumed it was a meteor or something, but looking back there were a few things odd about it. The first is that it was very, very high. I can tell you this by how slow it moved across the sky. That brings into question my thoughs on it being a fireball. I dont think fire works to well at super high altitudes. Even if it was burning up, that wouldnt mean it had flames. A girl in one of my classes said she had also seen it. I dont know whether she was just trying to fit in or be serious. Another weird thing was how dim it was. The fireballs I have seen since then have literally lit up the sky, and been very noisy. I could see a smoke trail from them too. But this one wasnt moisy and there was no smoke trail. I am not one to jump to conclusions. I am definitely not saying I saw aliens. I dont even know how accurate my memory of the instance was. I am just curious if anyone else has seen something of that nature and knows what it was. My honest opinion is that it was a fireball and I am just not remembering everything.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Everyone says UFO sightings are common well i have never seen 1.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Keep looking, drunk. If you keep your eyes turned skyward, you're bound to eventually see something out of the ordinary.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 10:47 PM
link   
There has never ever been a report of a ufo over Hong Kong airspace so i mught never see 1.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I have never seen one either. I find it hard to believe they are a common occurance.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I am now under the belief that everyone at ATS has seen a UFO or interacted with aliens .... except for me.

On an incendiary note: I thought to myself, why the hell wouldn't alien be interested in me? I'm smart, funny, very tricky and have an indomitable will? Then, I realized maybe that's why they AREN'T interested in me. Maybe they only like the weak?

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Kaos, you're a VA boy? Yeah, during the day you can walk out and see pretty much any type of ufo on record, it really is amazing.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by goregrinder
Kaos, you're a VA boy? Yeah, during the day you can walk out and see pretty much any type of ufo on record, it really is amazing.

I'm not a VA boy, but I'm from another of the U.S.'s many hotspots. I'm from Iowa, gotta love the midwest. Corn, tractors, and anal probes seem to be our specialty here. I've been in touch with MUFON and other groups and individuals here. #loads of sightings have occured.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I've had my latest UFO sighting within the last two weeks. Compared to the previous one from three years ago, compared to the previous one from then being 23 years ago. So yes, I'd say UFO sightings are increasing. For me at least.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 11:32 PM
link   
UFO sightings.....

I am not so sure that we use that term correctly. People who say UFO sightings are actually referring to alien spacecraft. Those would be "IDENTIFIED". UFO stands for unidentified flying object last time I checked. That is why we call them unidentified. Because we dont know what they are. They could be anything. The LAST thing I would assume is that they were alien spacecraft.

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 11:35 PM
link   
UFO may still be the acronym for unidentified flying objects, but it has also been used for many many years to describe presumably alien crafts. Deal with it.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Noone here was saying they were aliencraft.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 01:00 AM
link   
yes, theres alot more sightings happening.... www.nuforc.org...

PS: i have a very bad feeling about tomaro 11/10/03

proubly nothing, maybe ill just have a badday.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The only "sighting" I have ever had was when I was back in 3rd grade. I usually woke up at about dawn and would go outside and get the paper. I would usually look up at the sky, don't really know why, and I still do. So, one morning I looked up to the sky right before I was to walk back inside, when I noticed that next to a star appeared a green line. In relation to the star it was wider but only just. The object looked like a neon light almost. It didn't move, it just stayed for the a couple of seconds, and then dimmed out of sight. I always figured it was sattelite maybe reflecting the sun, but most of the time satellites move across the sky. I still don't know what it was.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Here is the link to the weekly filers files. Indeed, there does seem to be an decrease this past month with reporting...

www.nationalufocenter.com...

[Edited on 11-12-2003 by William One Sac]

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I only have one good sighting. I was something like 6 back then. I was walking to school at 7.30AM and it was still pretty dark and cloudy. I looked up at the sky for some reason and I saw this huge round edge hovering in a clear spot. I guess the other half was covered by the clouds. It didn't even have any lights, either. A few seconds later when I look again, it was gone. Weird.

Plus, I have the normal "a red light moving in the sky without any sound" kind of stories.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join