It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The conspiracy surrounding "Really Above Top Secret"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Now I have been a member here for 10 months. I would love to enter Chat but alas I don't have enough posts. But one of my ambitions in life (seriously), is to one day get into "Really Above Top Secret". Until that day, which hopefully arrives before I am too senile to remember what I read or have arthritis and are unable to type the secret passport, can someone illuminate me as to what goes on in there. It's a conspiracy that needs investigation.

[edit on 16-10-2006 by deessell]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Well first of all this is like the fifth thread like this I've seen in a
few months, but I've got to say, it's the sanest.

Nothing really go's on, it's just a section for threads that people
don't weant to have to put up with the normal single posts and
rabblerousers.

Actually, it's not very active compared to the rest of the site,
I bought membership over a year ago, and I pay my renewal
each month, but it's really out of habit, and for the rare time that
I click on the thread in the recent thread bar and it's in the R.A.T.S
section.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by deessell
can someone illuminate me as to what goes on in there.
[edit on 16-10-2006 by deessell]

No

But 2 podcasts will give you enough points to get in.
Or a good post in Energy & Science Issues I could see my way to give you 1500 points.

[edit on 16/10/2006 by Sauron]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
If you want to rack up some points you could see if there's anything you could add to the Wiki pages. I have to agree with Iori though - RATS is really not terribly interesting after you get in.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
FYI once I get in RATS myself I will make it more interesting.

I just need enough points first.But man oh man I can't wait to post my secret on RATS!!!!!
I wish I knew what to upload on podcast

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
It's not difficult to get points, there is even a thread on how to rack them up.

All about points

Hope that helps.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Well, all these comments about nothing really going on in there lead me to two conclusions.

a) It's a case of 'nothing to see here people, move along'

or

b) It really is dull in there. And if that is the case, why should I pay or strive to get in there?

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   

It really is dull in there. And if that is the case, why should I pay or strive to get in there?

Well we could all be lieing, and it's really a giant conspiracy,
I mean we can't just let anyone see the secret video of George W. Bush
doing the macerana in a speedo.

On a more serious note.

Because even though it's incredibly dull, there tend to be good
threads there, and you don't have to deal with the usual shall
we say unkempth.

[edit on 10/16/2006 by iori_komei]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
There is no conspiracy on the RATS Forum

It's threads are not attainable through google searches, which can be considered useful in discussing certain subjects.

It is not always the busiest of forums, so don't think you guys are missing out on too much.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
If you're anything like I was, nothing anyone will say will make you think RATS isn't special; you'll have to get in there for yourself. Maybe it'll be more exciting for you--it was a bit of a let down for me after all the hush-hush-secret-secret talk about it when I came on.

If you want points, my personal recommendation is just to post (and post well, I must add.) Get involved in the different discussions, even if you only have a slight opinion. If you don't know enough on a subject to really contribute, ask; everyone around here loves to teach--or preach, depending on your perspective--and the 9/11 forum is a great example of that.

If you post a couple of fairly well thought out and researched "articles" you're bound to get an applause or two, and those are decent point boosters. The more active you are in the forums, the more posts you'll have (obviously) and the more points you'll get.

Just don't post for the sake of points--forget about RATS for a while if you have to (and can), just play nice and argue from a logical standpoint. (Although, logic can be optional if you can BS well enough
)

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
There is no conspiracy on the RATS Forum

It's threads are not attainable through google searches, which can be considered useful in discussing certain subjects.

It is not always the busiest of forums, so don't think you guys are missing out on too much.

Exactly. Not much really goes on in RATS in all truthfulness. It's just a place where somewhat-established members can post things out of the general public eye.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   
It is an interesting section of ATS....

I put up the points each month just so I can see what's going on.
Sure, some of it isn't that interesting, but members have a space to post information that won't be spidered by the search engines.
Members can post in that environment without it being available to the "World Wide Web".
though I'm sure the governments of the world have access with various ATS identities.

After the first 5,000 point investment it's only 250 points a month to keep it.
I think it's worth it....

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Wow, I finally create a thread that gets some response and sure enough I don't get any points closer to that elusive goal (sighs).

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Searching for responses to your threads is not the way to approach points.

Find a forum that suits you, and spend some time on a few posts. With any luck you will recieve an Applause or two which will give you a nice jump towards your goal.

Quality over Quantity.

Think about it, if you put no effort into your posts it would take 5000 of them to reach your goal.

On PTS, An Applause will award you 1500 points.

Four quality posts on PTS will put you over your mark.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
RATS is pretty cool, though as others have said it's not big conspiracy or anything, just a place for ideas to be exchanged a little more privately.

If you need points, I suggest adding to the tinWiki. It is an amazing resource, and you will get rewarded points for contributing good articles.

If this is sounds interesting to you, just u2u me with an idea and I'll assist you with turning it into a tinWiki article.

Alternatively, if unable to u2u you can drop me a line at my tinWiki user talk spot.

[edit on 16-10-2006 by Astygia]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
It's not really that hard to get points. You've just got to have something to say. I don't post very often because I don't always have something to say. Every now and then I see something news related that I post to ATSNN and that gets points. Most of the time, anything 'deep' takes me a day or two to kick around and draft two or three times. I like the concept of points. It's almost a ranking system in it's own right. It can't be easy to come up with new things for us to spend points on. I think most of the posters here have it right. Points is points, and iyou shouldn't kill yourself to get them.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
There are rules surrounding RATS but I found some old threads that haven't been deleted so far. I'm taking a risk posting this here but if you click on the last link, there's lots of info on RATS. I just hope I don't get a knock on the door for posting this.

The following quote is from this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by dbates
For all you doubters. You NEED to read this thread. I'm risking everything just posting this link.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sometimes I wonder why I take these risks.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Do a couple of really good posts, podcasts then you can get lots of points that you can use to buy RATS. I've seen people with 1/3rd my post count, yet they have 3 times the points. I admit, there quality of posts is allot higher than mine.

So if you want points, get involved and contribute!

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   
This is probably going to get me slated, but goes anyway.....

For a while all the good posts that I wanted to get into were on RATS (such as possible details of the Dulce complex) and I became increasingly frustrated, trying to get into them!

While thinking in my frustration, I formulated a possible conspiracy theory whereby the senior members of ATS influence the content of ATS, where these great minds get together to discuss the general line that ATS will take on a certain subject. I could be way out, but I cant tell!

Moving on from this, I was thinking of all the government stuff that is kept secret, here in the UK we have something named 'the freedom of information act' and I was wondering if there is any such policy that applies to RATS? Say if a post goes inactive for a while, move it to a declassified zone?

Come on guys, let us peons see what you are writing about

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
the 10,000,000th thread on this..

there is no conspiracy, its just a special section that cannot be picked up by the likes of googles or "those with agenda's"

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join