It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Another 9/11-7/7 Attack Coming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
What are the possibilities that another 9/11 or 7/7 type attacks in the US/UK Would they be more destructive then the above, a greater loss of life, to generate even more outrage and requests for payback. Could or would the events be used as a precursor to invade Iran. If they did occur could we believe who was responsible or would the event(s) be as anomolous as 9/11-7/7.

Would the people of the UK/US respond violently especialy if the finger of blame is pointed in the direction of Muslims. Is there anything we the public can do to prevent such attacks, do or should we be all walking round with vid cameras to make sure we record events rather than relying on thse state controlled media for their version of it.

What or where would the targets be, can we assume that it would be in cities again, or would be a number of planes going down or blowing up a cruise liner with thousands on board. Would Nuclear power plants be targeted, could such a site provide a dirty bomb. I have a bad feeling that something is going to happen I hope I'm wrong but 9/11 was used as the reason to invade Iraq/Afganistan, Iran/Korea seem to be the next on the list so what do you think.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Dear Magicmushroom:

Good Question. Although anything is possible, I think it's unlikely.

Any new “staged” terror attack would be immediately perceived as an utter failure of our anti-terrorism efforts. It would make our leaders look incompetent. As you can tell it is my belief — and that of many ATS members — that 9-11 was a proverbial “inside job”. Therefore, bogus terror assaults against civilians are logically not a useful political tool at the moment.

Therefore, if a pretext is needed for another war, say against Iran, it would have to be a “surprise” ambush against our military forces. E. g. the sinking of an aircraft carrier such as the “Big E”. Such a move would galvanize our country, our soldiers and world opinion against the perpetrator (Iran). Everyone would sympathize with us. Our leaders and generals would have free reign over their response toward the “aggressor” — such as dropping bunker-buster nukes . No one would question anything. Carte blanche all the way.

Greetings,
The Wizard In The Woods

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I'm sure there are a multitude of such plans on the table in various terrorist organizations worldwide. Let's just hope our governments are now well enough to break them apart before they happen.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I think the "October surprise" alluded to by Carl Rove will be an attack on Americans and blamed on the "terrorists" to ratchet up the fear level and try to
hijack the Nov. elections in favor of the neo-cons.

I pray this is the paranoid in me and that I'm wrong!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I think the "October surprise" alluded to by Carl Rove will be an attack on Americans and blamed on the "terrorists" to ratchet up the fear level and try to
hijack the Nov. elections in favor of the neo-cons.

I pray this is the paranoid in me and that I'm wrong!!!
You're not paranoid, you are wise.
I fear if there is an attack no one will know where it came from.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I'm sure there are a multitude of such plans on the table in various terrorist organizations worldwide. Let's just hope our governments are now well enough to break them apart before they happen.

Lets hope so.
Wait,cant they really break apart our government before it happens?

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I think the next attack will be a nuke on a boat or ship which is then driven into NYC Harbor.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanstheman
I think the next attack will be a nuke on a boat or ship which is then driven into NYC Harbor.

I hope not! something like this would be un-imaginable to me.. just think of the loss of life, bussinesses, history... just a thing I would never want to think of happening...

Though if it was the size of the N. Korean "nuclear test", how much damage could it do?!
sorry that was a cheap shot lol

[edit on 16-10-2006 by Aurora51]

top topics

join