It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deformed Human baby (Atomic bomb?)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
On the website where I saw this video, it claims that this is a deformed human baby. It has small red sacks (eyes?) coming out of it's eye sockets, and what seems to be hooves for feet. How could this have happened???

Scroll down to the bottom of the page to watch the video
Deformed Baby?

mod edit:***warning video may be graphic depending on your nature***

[edit on 16-10-2006 by UK Wizard]

[edit on 16/10/2006 by 7Pan7cho7]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Does it say where the baby was born? I wont look at it, but is it a Chernobyl baby or something???

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Does it say where the baby was born? I wont look at it, but is it a Chernobyl baby or something???

What i got from it was that it was born in Japan, after the Hiroshima bombing. The language in the video sounds japanese-ish, but i'm not really sure where or when it happened. When i first saw the video a few years ago, i thought it was some kind of experiment or something (genetic engineering).

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
If you have ever seen the movie Hills have Eyes, the pictures that are shown before the movie begins are actual photos of deformities caused by atomic tests.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I remember back when people were saying this video was of an alien baby..hah now its from atomic bombs..

What the baby is suffering from is called "Harlequin Fetus" (use google)

No alien, no "experiment or something (genetic engineering)", no atomic bomb

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Andpau, so you don't think that the atomic blasts in Japan and the New Mexico testing areas cause deformities,eh? Interesting theory, a fallacious one, but interesting nonetheless.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Of course there were deformities after the blasts. But this is not one of them. There are more cases of Harlequin fetuses.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Thanks for the input. Definately looks like a Harlequin Fetus, but those hands or whatever they are still look weird. Also, could this not have happened because of an atomic bomb?

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Probably not.

The babies affected by Hiroshima were born some 50 years ago. Most of those affected by the bomb are already dead.

Good studies have been done of the population and there's not a higher case of mutation/birth defects in the succeeding generations:
www.rerf.or.jp...

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
OMG...I hadn't ever heard of this disorder before. I did a search and saw some pictures of the Harlequin fetuses. Thanks for the thread
I learned something new, sad but true. How horrible

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I see some resemblence to a Harlequin baby. However, every case I've ever read about of a Harlequin baby has them living only one or two days, MAX. It's hard to tell from the poor quality of this video, but it appears this baby is older than that, unless it's just an unusually large baby at birth.

The fact that they are feeding it in a room full of children instead of it being in intensive care in a hospital also puzzles me. If this were a true Harlequin baby then I'd expect to see it in an incubator with tubes coming out of it. I doubt any Harlequin baby has ever been able to be bottle fed while holding onto the bottle with one of its hands, as seen in this video.

Obviously this isn't an alien baby and I think whoever would start such a rumor is tasteless. As to whether or not these birth defects are the result of radiation I cannot say. The mouth and eyes do resemble those of a Harlequin baby. However, these babies have skin that is like the shell of an armadillo. Where you would normally see fat folds in a baby, the Harlequin baby instead has open sores because their skin is rock-hard and cannot bend or stretch. I don't really see any examples of that in this video. I do know that being born a Harlequin baby is one of the most awful things imaginable. They are reportedly in constant agony for their short-lived existences. I only pray that God spares them that suffering and that they are just empty bodies with no real soul.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I first heard about the harlequin babies a couple of years ago... but I saw it in a video talking about demons or something....Turned out it was harlequin babies but historically they were thought to be demons.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Poor little guy, that poor baby. Fortunately it's little life is probably long since been over. I hope it wasn't in any pain and was treated lovingly.

I'd like to read up on how it's life went, how long it was able to live etc.

Any other resorces as to this little guy?

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Probably not.

"Maybe not," would have been a better reply.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Many environmental factors, including radiation, can cause birth defects. The results of radiation(or any teterogenic substance) on the fetus depend on when the mother was exposed and to what degree she was exposed. If anyone is interested, try googling "depleted uranium birth defects". There are multiple websites that show pictures of, and describe the horrible effects of depleted uranium. Please note that many of the pictures on these websites are graphic and disturbing, viewer discretion is advised.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Read the following account of the lifespan of a Harlequin baby: www.ispub.com.../ijd/vol1n1/harlequin.xml

In this case, the baby, which strongly resembles the one in the movie, lives for 21 days.

Or in this rare case: www.10news.com...
We have a full adult Harlequin.

Though an incubator would be an expected sight given the baby's condition, it's a possibility that this hospital is underfunded, or that the climate was warm and damp enough that an incubator wasn't neccesary.

As for holding onto the bottle, if the baby were old enough, why not?

And I believe that you can see open sores on the baby in the video - though it is of poor quality, I can make out red lines on the baby's skin.

As for living an agnozing existance, I believe the fellow in the second article might just disagree with you.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I can't believe that man survived, that's a slim chance for sure, although his life must've been very tough to go through. Thanks for the links, very interesting story.

Thank you all for finally revealing to me the true nature in the video, i would've never know that there is a disease like that if it hadn't been for you guys, thanks.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Thats really interesting, I had never heard of that abnormality occuring before.

I must say, i normally consider myself not to be squeamish or abything, but that took a couple of seconds before i sort of accepted it in my mind.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
OMG, I though it was dead, but it sucked that bottle, its alive!

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Harlequin Icthyosis is the more selective terminology for the condition. It's caused by a number of things. more often than not there is a history of skin disease in the family. No more than 200 hundred cases have been recorded in modern times. but its been around since 1750. really strange...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join