It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High School Drug Sweep - Police Guns Drawn

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   
This is a prime example of the extreme actions of law enforcement actions against citizens, and now minor citizens.

State police are investigating a drug sweep in which more than a dozen local officers charged into a crowded high school hallway with their guns drawn and handcuffed students.

No drugs or weapons were found during the sweep, and there were no drug-related arrests.

www.newsday.com... s/nationworld/wire/sns-ap-school-drug-raid,0,5618156.story?coll=sns-ap-nationworld-headlines

"I'm absolutely outraged," said Danny Partin, whose stepson attends Stratford. "This is supposed to be a free country, not a police state."

The only charge stemming from the raid involved a ninth-grader who was cited for allegedly filing a false police report, saying an officer shoved her to the ground during the search

This is outragous !

This is not only a violation of civil rights, but in a high school no less.
The fact that they went in there, like they were raiding a crack house, on a tv show, dogs and all, yet finding nothing! The article suggests the police were protecting themselves in case of danger. The police Lt. said..."I don't think it was an overreaction"

Who is he kidding!

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 07:06 PM
link   
is to come together...
i disagree with a police/quiet police state...
but alas we have been such for a very long time now...
the reason for the outburst? to awaken minds as to the truth about their world...

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 07:42 PM
link   
smirkley,

I'm glad you brought this topic here. I was going to post it earlier and well...I can't remember why I didn't...

Anyhoo I actually just finished a two-day seminar on school violence. And frankly I am disgusted as this story has been out for three days and not one panelist brought this up. It wasn't until a student in the last 15 minutes made a statement about the incident in the closing Q & A.

Frightening, sickening and psychotic are the best adjectives I can think of to describe this event and the police state that now permeates through our schools.

So uh...if someone can please tell me how were supposed to maintain a positive school climate while this type of action is allowed, I'd like to talk to you..

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Thats sad that the police state has to chose a school full of kids to bring down their heavy hand, must just be practicing for the bigger battles to come. Worst part about it is they found no drugs whatsoever!

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I seen this covered on the news here in the UK...
I was shocked by the police storming in to the building just pushing kids around,

there has got to be other ways of dealing with drugs in schools....
but like the story said, No drugs found,

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 08:10 PM
link   
as a form law-enforcement person (please don't hate me) this occurence is business as usual. the pole-leaz like to think that they are involved in a 'war'...the drug war....war; 'a state or period of armed conflict between nations or states. a condition of antagonism or conflict.'...thier 'war is being waged against whoever they THINK MAY POSSIBLEY be someone who MAY be charged as a criminal in the court system. obviously the children is that school were 'antagonistic' and creating 'conflict'.. did the cops realy fear for thier lives while shaking down the school?? what was the 'resonabile suspicion' to force them to do what is basicaly a 'high risk entry and search"...here is an interesting article about a cross referenced data base...if this had happened in MN..alot of these kids would be in this data base for the rest of thier lives...
www.startribune.com/stories/462/4185927.html

how many 'terrorists' have been caught and/or prosecuted by the wonderfull new 'Patriot act'...hmm last i heard was 4.....but it has been used against literally hundreds of 'common criminals' ( do a search on prosecution with patriot act) not that it is entirly bad but, it is another case of the govt doing a bait and switch....it is not what they said it would be used for.....

the pole-leaz keep getting more and more power to stop/search/accuse everyday people of crimes...because if u refuse a search/or questioning...it will be taken as 'reasonable suspicion' that you are up to no good...yes it will..i've seen it done as business as usuall...and it is up to to fight it in court..which never happens 'cause the common person does not have the time or $$ to do it..soo they just that the unlawfull search happen...
which brings usback to that harbor of antagonists and terroists...the school.....by the way..dig the pole-leaz find any drugs in the 'high risk search???'
........hmmmmmmmm
do ihear 'lawsuites?!'

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Interesting also, that the only charge, was on a ninth grader, who was a child, put in a very stressful situation, whether she knew it or not.

Her reaction, was brought forth by this event that shouldnt of occurred this way, and now she has to deal with this on her record, surely to be expunged upon being 18, but yet psycologically implanted forever.

So a minor child lied to the police and her parents. Should we treat this learning experience about lying by children, the same to all children that lie?

Or should the parents have been the ones to address this with the child, as this was not a crime that she created, a victim causing action, nor violent, or what would one consider reason to be tried as an adult, or even cause to be sent to juvenile detention?!

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Seems the link above is now dead...here is a new one.

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 12:43 PM
link   
and they wonder why students hate their liason officers, them fuc_ers will try to get you to say anything so they can bring in the drug dogs, (i know that for sure) or at other schools the raid team(damn swat, just a police state)!

At college, the only cops i see are the pathedic Campus police, (they're bastards too though, uggh they love to give tickets)

[Edited on 11-27-2003 by BeingWatchedByThem]

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Incredible!
I guess no one's going to do anything about this type of activity, until it's their front doors the police are breaking down. Simply appalling....holding kids at gunpoint!

tr

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 04:05 PM
link   
If you think that bust with guns drawn is a surprise , I guess you have not watched any of alex jones videos. www.infowars.com... I saw his film 911 the road to tyranny. This is just what I expect to see after seeing his video. -The cops and children. What was that quote by hitler? who controls the kids controls the country.

tr

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 04:11 PM
link   
What would happen if that was john Ashcroft's neice or nephew?

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Things like this disgust me. I can't say how angry I would be if this were to happen to one of my children. I do not have a problem with the police coming in with dogs to sniff around for drugs. But to storm in with guns drawn yelling,demanding that students get on the ground. It is unacceptable. This is one of the few times I do hope the police department is sued.
It said in the article that the dogs found something in about a dozen backpacks. It does not say what was found(if anything)or what the dogs smelled. That sounds a little screwy too me. Like the cops were trying to cover their butts. Ummm....we didn't find anything....but ummm...cough....gulp....the dogs did. I would think that if the dogs found something,they would mention what was found.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Most people don't know this kind of thing happens, but I've known many people (myself included) who've had their rights blatantly violated. It makes no difference to the police, as long as they find something. (That's like a "fix", to them) If they don't, they just lie about their probable cause, and everything's fine, for them. It's not about whether they have probable cause or not, it's about whether the DA will back up whatever lies they spin to cover their ass when nothing is found. Unfortunately, they get away with it more often than not.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 06:18 PM
link   
This type of thing actually happened when I was in highschool, I think I was a junior, been out of highschool I think for 4 years, so its bee about 6 years ago. There weren't any guns drawn or anything like that, we had a student that was an undercover cop, buying drugs from kids and reporting on which kids took drugs at parties and such. But what I think is stupid is, these kids aren't the main people, they just buy small quantities and pass it on to friends, why go after kids expirimenting when there are bigger, way bigger fish to fry, I agree totally that it might prevent a few of them from continuing to use, but I highly doubt it does anything worth while, probably all of the cops that did the arrest have expirimented in one way or another... they need to go after the big guys not the highschool kids... IMO.

new topics

top topics

join