It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Times CBS News poll show 81% of Americans dont believe official 9-11 story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Many adults in the United States believe the current federal government has not been completely forthcoming on the issue of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, according to a poll by the New York Times and CBS News. 53 per cent of respondents think the Bush administration is hiding something, and 28 per cent believe it is lying.

www.angus-reid.com...

Is this now reaching some sort of critical mass?
How many Americans need not believe the official story before a new investigation is opened?
Is this proof that the 9-11 Truth movement is winning over hearts and minds?

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
But it doesn't say what exactly it is about the official story that isn't believed.

It could be something as big as not believing that there were Arabs on the planes. It could be something like not believing that Clinton told Bush about UBL. Almost EVERYONE in the USA believes the government lies about things.

That poll is way too wide open to be able to point to it and say 'a-ha!'. If I were to take the poll I'd have to say that I don't believe the official story .. but I wouldn't be able to say that I believe all of it except for Gerlack and her role.

So I'd be marked down as a 'don't believe' when in fact I believe the most important parts.

It's to vague.

[edit on 10/16/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I wonder what percentage of those they attempted to survey hung up the phone because they "don't have time for BS like this." The people most likely to stay on the line and give their opinion on this are the ones most likely to believe in a conspiracy theory. (IMO)

Anyone out there contacted to participate in this poll? I've never met anyone who was ever polled by these groups, yet we take their word for their results like its gold.

[edit on 16-10-2006 by super70]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
If you think they're lying about one thing, what's to stop them from lying about everything?

For five years they've pounded this war on terror bs into our heads. They sound pretty sure about their story. The fact that they came to such a quick conclusion of who was behind it and didn't bother analyzing the twin towers debris shows me that they're pretty confident they didn't leave anything out and they believe that their story doesn't have any holes.

If they say one thing is definately true, and it's definately not, how do you know the rest of the things they're saying are definately true, are definately not?

So, again, if you think they're wrong about something, or you think they're hiding something, what's to say that doesn't destroy the credibility of the entire story?

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I have been interviewed by different polling organizations many times.

Questioning me about a diverse spectrum of things from my voting preferences to the brand of coffee I drink.

Super70, statistically relevant data is easily obtained by polling. Just because you don't agree with the results of a poll doesn't discount the data. If this info was useless; why would fortune 500 companys, the GOP and others, spend millions
to find out even minor trends.

When any politician says they don't pay attention to polls; they're lying!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Anyone out there contacted to participate in this poll? I've never met anyone who was ever polled by these groups

That is classic attack the messenger not the message.
So I guess by using your logic these polls are never taken and the numbers are just fabricated by the source who claims to have done the poll?

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Well in response to 'DBB', do you seriously believe that the US is not under threat from terrorists? There will always be a certain amount of spin in politics agreed, but don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. I think the fact that most politicians are not 100% truthful leads people to constantly question wether or not they are telling the truth, a half-truth, or a straight out lie. So thanks to these politicians, we tend to second guess motives, statements, alerts and policies. BUT, that does not mean that everything is a lie or a conspiracy. Theres an old saying, "a liar is not believed even though he tells the truth."

Whaaa, I did not say that all polls are bogus, but rather this one is a little different. If I was interrupted during dinner by a caller asking me for a few minutes of my time to answer questions wether 911 was a conspiracy or not I would hang up on them because its nonsense and I do believe that more than 19% of those polled feel the same. They don't give the total of people polled who simply 'hung up', only those who chose to stay on the line. Therefor these numbers don't reflect the true beliefs of the population.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by super70
Anyone out there contacted to participate in this poll? I've never met anyone who was ever polled by these groups, yet we take their word for their results like its gold.

I wasn't contacted for this poll but have been contacted before. The funny thing was...the first question...Are you a Republican? My answer...no. Then dial tone. They hung up on me because I wasn't Republican. So, yes, I believe polls are a little bit biased.

Also, the 9/11 commission even said that they were lied to. It should be 100% of the people don't believe the story because the commission has already confirmed they were lying through their teeth. But mainstream news won't let people know that they've been lied to for some reason.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
S7o there is a difference between a country being attacked by terrorist and those within the ruling elite who use same for their own ends. Have you ever thought how Patriot 1 could have come into force within 6 weeks of 9/11. Legislation normaly takes months if not years to come into force. Most Senate members were not even given time to read it before they had to vote on it.

If this document was around before 9/11 then the powers that be new something was going to happen either because they were orchestrating the events or they knew of an impending attack. And with regard to Polls politicians are quite happy to use and believe them when it shows them in a good light. But when you get one re the deaths in Iraq, then you get oh there wrong and you cannot trust the data etc.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
This poll could mean lying about anything. Polls asking if people think it was a total inside job usually come back around 1/3 instead of 4+/5. I think one poll suggested around 15% of the population thinks the WTC were demo'd.

But really, they don't have to lie about much in regards to 9/11 to deserve a kick in the face.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by super70
Well in response to 'DBB', do you seriously believe that the US is not under threat from terrorists?

I believe there is a threat especially considering the basically un-defended Mexican border. But, I don't think terrorists can pull off an attack such as 9/11. I don't believe terrorists commited the acts on 9/11. If they did, the U.S. government had foreknowledge. Either way though, the government is guilty. You can't possibly believe they have told us every single thing about what happened that day. They've even gone back on some of their initial stories, example, the pancake collapse of the Twin Towers which as been proved to be false.

I'm simply saying, if they lie about one thing, can you honestly put 100% credibility on everything else?

The logical answer is no.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
One thing that nodoby can't deny, it's that around 10 people had foreknowledge because of the illeguralities in the airlines stocks before and on the morning of 9/11. This is concrete proof that some people had foreknowledge of what would happen, when it would happen and who would be affected.

[edit on 16-10-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
It would seem more and more people are starting to figure out 9/11 has so many questions.The thing i dont get,is why nothing more is being done than talk.What can people do to get results?I mean theres only so much the internet and handing out dvds can do.SO when is someone gonna come out and bring this to the mainstream?I starting to think unless Cheany,Rummsfeld,Bush come out and wave and say"I did it!",there will never be any charges brought forth and this story goes down with the JFK killing.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
All this says is that alot of people think the government knew the terrorist threat was greater than their actions would indicate before the attack. It says very little about believing the 'meat' of the story, it is angled more towards intelligence that was available BEFORE the attacks occured, and what they could've done to prevent them.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   

When it comes to what they knew prior to September 11th, 2001, about possible terrorist attacks against the United States, do you think members of the Bush Administration are telling the truth, are mostly telling the truth but hiding something, or are they mostly lying?

Note, the question only asks about the pre-attack intelligence, nothing about a secret cover-up...

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Note, the question only asks about the pre-attack intelligence, nothing about a secret cover-up...

Why would the govt need to lie about the pre attack intelligence? I can think of three reasons 1. they were complicit in allowing the attacks to happen 2. they were involved some how 3. its was a complete dereliction of duty.....none of them look good for the govt.

top topics

join