It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mothman in Montana

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I have som scary # goin on at my parents 19 acre river ranch in Bozeman Montana. So for starters my dad starts tellin me this story of something he saw while fishing a few nights ago. we have a small storage shed near our fave fishing spot and my dad was lookin to untangle his lure from a nearby bush. His 10 million candle power spotlight caught the edge of a figure standing next to the shed. he described to me this. a 7 1/2 to 8 foot tall shadowy figure with appendages that he said looked like the claws bats have...kinda webbed and talon looking. (bad description) kinda like wings that were partially unfolded. he jumped in the truck and turned the lights on. when he went back it was gone. so hes telling me this without ever hearing my story which is this. i was camping about 200 yards from where he saw it in oh id say mid june early july. I was just settling down for the night watching the last embers i repeat embers of the fire burn out. this strong wind kicked up and the embers turned to 4 foot flames swirling around in a spiralling dance. wierd. anyways i looked up to follow the embers in the sky and saw a large winged shadowy creature in the 40 50 foot tall cottonwoods looking down on me. it was like i could feel his eyes following me. . my extremely in tune pitbull was going nuts by this time. i took off and jumped in the truck locked the doors and left. very scary stuff. i was sober as a judge and could feel evil lurking around....anyone ever think the mothman is a demon? thats what i think im not sure though. let me know guys and thanks for reading

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Wow, dude are you serious? If so, this is pretty wild. I would imagine that maybe some Mothmen are helpful and others are evil, just like humans. Maybe, I don't know. Who knows what the Mothmen are and where they come from...

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   
In the "Mothman Prophecies" by John Keel, he seemed to think that appearances of Mothman is a harbinger of a natural catastrophe.

Have you experienced any type of electronic, phone, answering machine etc anomalies? Odd calls?

This might be of intrest.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
fixed link

[edit on 20-10-2006 by masqua]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I figure Mothmen could be demons.
Every testimony I've heard, the main theme is an overwhelming feeling of terror and evil.

One testimony that has always stuck with me is from a lady in (I think) Massachusetts who begrudgingly admitted to a local newspaper that, upon encountering the Mothman, she dropped her baby and ran to her car.

That's fear...

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Thats pretty scary stuff...

I don't know if I actually believe in demons or not, altho this is what I'd imagine.

I am curious myself about if you have received any odd calls. I have hears many a report that that sometimes follows sightings like this...

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Dude you should go out with that million candle spotlight that or dad has and a camera and take a picture of this thing. Why am I the first one telling him this? Just bring your father's hunting rifle in case.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I will agree the most i have heard is of natural calamities with Motham. Has there been any incidents after the visions?

Thankyou for sharing the information

K23

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by lord_finesse420
Dude you should go out with that million candle spotlight that or dad has and a camera and take a picture of this thing.

You know, I'm all for hunting down good ol' Bigfoot or sitting for hours on the shores of Loch Ness, or even laying out some bait for El Chupacabra...but there's something about the Mothman.

It's not a crypto thing...an evolutionary snafu...it's something next-level evil.

How's that for completely unsubstantiated paranoia?

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I tell ya, as the veil begins to turn back its cover, people are going to see more and more of these types of creatures. I don't necessarily think they are "demons" but I do think they could be dangerous if crossed. They are just as frightened as we are by the coming merger that is taking place. (Dimensional merger).

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
not so much odd calls but definite feelings of suspicious activity. constantly feeling watched. ominous feelings...i know this might not fit in with this thread but let me tell you some more about this certain parcel of land. for starters heres the history. when i was like 9 we were looking to buy this land...i started having wierd nightmares about people dying on this property. no one took me seriously till i went to the library and found a book about this area sure as # i found an old picture of the same portion of the river we live on and turns out there was a tree in the picture that they hung 3 vigilantes on. without knowing this story one of my buddies told me he has seen 3 cowboys in the backyard more than once. moving on. there is a 2 acre pond on the property. swimming recommended???i think not. monster in the pond!!! seriously...we lived out there for more than 10 years and the stuff that weve seen in the pond. WOWZERS. glowing green lights under the surface large wakes way bigger than a beaver could make....things running into the canoe almost tipping it over...we caught what we thought was a huge friggin fish drug the pole out of the pole stand so we weighted up another line to drag the bottom of the shore line for this other pole...we cought the pole and reeled in the line on the end of it was a half decompose 12-13 lb brown trout....something frickin big had to have that thing in its stomach and it swallowed our hook and we yanked the half eaten fish out. oh we have seen a fin too a dorsal (although didnt look like a dorsal of a shark or dolphin or anything but that general location) and a tail fin....looked like a sturgeon or a thresher shark to give you an idea5 feet in between the fins. last but not least out from under the dock we saw a 12 foot wide what looked like a stingray take off from like an underwater cove and out into the middle. seriously it was white and it moved fast. this is freshwater mind you. ok on to other topics. my dad has this lil electronic jerry rice bobble head that you push a button and it would say football facts. well and im not friggin lyin ( this is trippy) it is completely gutted...all the wires and batterie hookups are torn out empty plastic shell...when you push the button...it still TALKS...like some sort of chucky #. strange lights and children playing are common sights and sounds...ummmm yeah that about wraps it up...theres more but im running out of letters to post. this mothman thing is by far the scariest but i wonder if this place like the magnetic vortex in santa cruz CA is just a thourough fare for energey...neutral evil and good. IM serious guys...none of this is made up and it is all one hundred percent accurate...no exaggerations. i am open to critique and constructive criticism even a lil humor but please no personal attacks on my or my families credibility or any belittiling comments. it took some guts for me to share all this and I hope all of us here at ATS can be trusted with such information that is so personal to me and my connection with whatever is out there. Have fun with this but please be respectful. thanks

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
A gutted, plastic, Jerry Rice, bobble head doll that still talks; what does it say?

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   
wow lol I think you should stuck with the Mothman story. No offense but to write all those various things into one poorly structured paragraph won't do wonders for your credibility on ATS. And simply stating that all this is true and that it's credible doesn't make it so. People on ATS just can't take others on their word or on face value. That Jerry Rice talking bobble-head was just confusing and perplexing.

[edit on 18-10-2006 by lord_finesse420]

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 02:32 AM
link   
i heard there was a factory that was really old back in the 1940's that apparently had a catastrophic accident after the mothman was sighted circling in the air.

this isnt fiction either, i heard it from actual witnesses.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Unfortunately, I'm with lord finesse. (Overlooking the fact that basic paragraph structure and punctuation would be a "nice to have",) it's all just a bit "too much", don't you think?

You'll already have a hard time getting some people to believe the Mothman story. Then you add the lake (pond) monster bit, and you had to throw in a "demon doll", "lights" (both underwater and above ground?) and "playing children" in for good measure?
Possibly 4 different paranormal activities in one area? Mothman, a lake monster, UFOs/will-o-wisps and ghost/poltergeist activity?

A paranormal investigator will give his right you-know-what for an opportunity to spend some time there.
And that's my question/query. If there is all this activity, why do your parents just accept it? Why is the only inquiry into this a post on a forum? Why no effort to get behind it all by some actual investigation? Like cameras, getting someone to check out the pond (I'll do it for you
), etc. You know. At this stage we don't have much to go on.

Let's say you were to add another story, say about fairies or a dragon, and "cross your heart and hope to die" that it's the truth, all we have is your word?
You get what I'm saying. Paranormal and more important, cryptozoloogy should be approached in a very scientific manner. Your approach towards it should be like-wise.

I really, really want to believe you, honestly I do. At the moment photographs and/or videos are barely able to stand their ground, thus we would love to get some more material from your side - other than a story and more stories.

Unfortunately that's the way it works - because of a million hoaxes. But that shouldn't discourage you from posting or sharing your stories. You'll just have to be willing to accept the responses based on what you give us.

Edit: Structure

[edit on 18-10-2006 by Gemwolf]

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   
There was a kid last week that got banned in UFO and his story was as transparent as a window pane but canneverdecide's story sounds like a sincere attempt.

He may be exaggerating or having delusions of more being there than there is but I'm sure he has reason to be frightened.

canneverdecide, could you break things down and only talk about the stuff you are absolutely sure of?

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   
In Montana there is a place north of Whitlash. Near Aden (alberta Prov) Canada on the Milk river.

Sometimes at dusk there is a fold in time that happens. People have reported walking in that area and then suddenly being back in time ... usually they had indians encamped nearby or other 'peoples' from way back.

How close are you to this place. It is entirely possible that considering people from our time have walked back through a time portal that other people from way back have walked in this direction.

And if there is one place up there in Montana that experiences this .. there could be others.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
So tell me, if someone happens to walk thru a time portal, how do they get back? I mean if these "portals" just open up then obviously they close again. If there were a portal just sitting open all the time, I'm sure more than a few people would know about it and where exactly it is.

FF, you say it is a "fold" and if I were to want to believe this I would think it is more likely that people are walking 'by' and see into this fold, hence the scenery from early Indian days.

Portal or Fold, I can't see walking thru it without vanishing from this time forever.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Thats some scary stuff right there!!!

I would absolutely poop myself if I ever saw anything like that!!!!

I'm never gunna be out in the dark alone again....

I'm gunna be brickin it from now on!!!
~~~~~~~
minor edit for word clarity

[edit on 18-10-2006 by masqua]

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
As far as portholes go. I dont believe there are any such things, however I do believe dimensionality lies in the speed of human optical nerve perseption. If the resolution of a given area where enhanced and its frame rate were to fluctuate a person would be able to see other dimensional beings when thier realitys frame rate matched our own. thoereticly you could have billions of senarios playing out, sharing the same finite space.
This would be possible by configuring each created beings optical perception specific to its own reality.

As the mothman goes...... it is definately real. perhaps a product of technological or evoulutional abilitys to alter its rate of perception. I stands to reason that mothmen are able to predict the fututre because thier reality is existing at a much slower frame rate than our own. whereas our reality seems to be hyper accelerated. They very well could have watched our whole reality from beginning to end as if it were a poorly produced tv show. They also seem interested in altering the outcome of events in our reality through forknowledge. weather they themselves can manipulate events in our reality or simply infuence them still gives testememt to the fact of thier ambitions. they could verywell be guiding our reality to a desired altered ending.

"Fluent motion does not exist. Existance is the preception that motion is Fluent"
"Eadric Oswyn # 217"

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
What I find most bewildering about this story- he goes camping on this property after all this. I don't think I would ever take the covers from over top of my head, let alone walk outside.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join