It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can only ignore 10 posters but at least 20 are behaving badly

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by probedbygrays
I used the complaint form when someone was calling for my immediate death by throat slitting. Nothing was done at all.

They were saying to do that to aliens and their helpers.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
They were saying to do that to aliens and their helpers.

OOOOOOOOOOOH! Well, perhaps the poster thought they were referring to him because he IS an alien and/or helper?
Just teasing!

Sorry, I know it's not a laughing matter. Threats, or the impression that you have been threatened, are frightening.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Sorry, I know it's not a laughing matter. Threats, or the impression that you have been threatened, are frightening.

You are a bad girl
but the truth is that I got the point now and not offense but is rather funny.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
If someone is getting overly aggressive to you personally and baiting/flaming, as opposed to debating, this is against the Terms & Conditions of ATS. Should this happen, LET US KNOW! Do not ignore it and place that person on ignore.

Something people will have to learn when becoming a regular on discussion boards however, is to grow a tough skin. And don't forget, getting in the last word doesn't necessarily make a person the better of the bunch.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
in the alien/ufo community forums there are two sides people usually are on. The side that wants to find out who the aliens are by being friendly to them, and the side that wants to kill all aliens because they see them as a threat. I am on the side that wants to get along with the aliens. Someone said all aliens and people who help them should be killed, and I took that personally as I am always trying to explain that aliens are remarkable beings who have a great deal to teach us. Everyone knows I am helping the aliens and many say I am their brainwashed slave. So if any kooks are reading the forum and decide to save the earth by killing all aliens and people who help them then I will be number one on the kooks hit list.

call for violence against people like me

And yesterday someone stated they are going to follow me around and knock down everything I write until I see things their way.

Normally I should just skip over the posts of the people who are overly negative but they dominate the ufo forums, so trying to find a positive post is like trying to find a needle in a haystack sometimes.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The option (should it ever be required) to acquire more Ignore real estate, perhaps using member points, would be something I'd entertain as a valid concept.

I do not use it often and not till recently and not to avoid discussion. Two things bug me, false/misleading/sensational thread titles and speculation which is beyond the most liberated mind's reasonably expected comprehension. They tend to detract from my learning enjoyment.

I almost feel guilty to think that I would have use the Ignore function. It is a quality tool. I'm glad it is available.

Victor K.

43'

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by probedbygrays

And yesterday someone stated they are going to follow me around and knock down everything I write until I see things their way.

I see your point now, thanks for the link, kind of our of place posting. I had no idea that the UFOs forum can get that controversial.

I do believe in life outside our own world and that is an opinion very well respected and shared by many.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Well if you consider yourself a -helper- of these alien beings then perhaps that could have been directed at you and even I find that outrageous.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I'm not looking for sympathy or attention all I want is the ability to place overly negative individuals on ignore. The aliens have taught me a whole bunch of stuff but I can't write about it because people explode with fear and hatred towards everything I stand for. I have to deal with all their problems and the problems of their ancestors before they will admit there might be things in heaven and earth that are not in their philosophy.

I'd gladly pay 1000 points to increase my ignore limit by just one.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
And remember FF,

I am WATCHING YOU...

Seriously though....

I ignored one member once and it really bothered me until I finally gave in and released them from that dungeon.

Semper

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I refused to use this function for about a year. Then some (2) members decided to be really immature and tag the one threat with insults about me, and thats when I ignored those two. Other then that, I believe there is an X button where you can cool down and come back so you can respond accordingly.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The people that live here are generally pretty civil, but it seems to be the case that people often just want to hit 'ignore' on people with opposing points of view.

The 'Chemtrails brainstorm' thread was a great case in point. Everyone was ignoring everyone else by page 3.

I've never had a stalker here, worst luck. Persistent unsolicited U2Us telling me I was a reptilian would really make me feel like I'd arrived. KIDDING.

TD

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I enjoy everyones point of view, even if i dont agree, and i would never put anyone on ignore. I dont believe in it. I think its a useless feature, and besides, if the poster you're ignoring is quoted by someone else, you're going to see what he/she wrote anyway!!!
Isnt it crazy how it works?

So what's the use? I want to see who's calling me paranoid and a lefty, anyways, so i can let them have it.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
probedbygreys doesnt want to read sarcasm, nor cynicism, or views which point out inconsistency in the stuff he posts. better give him infinite ignores. oops, i'm on his ignore list

ps he should take a leaf out of john lear's approach.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 03:46 AM
link   
The best thing for some posters who refuse to get the message when harrassing the accused is to simply not answer their posts and stay on topic.

After the "final word" has been said, sometimes, the accuser doesn't get the message and will refuse to stop from thread to thread. It even gets to the point that they call you names, insult your personality and attack your principles. It simply means that they have never considered you with respect and never will.

Not giving them attention renders them persona non grata because nothing will change their mind anyway. The ones who lack manners and a sense of decency will stay on the same mantra when attacking the accused. They have no conscience and won't change.

You can't negotiate with them. Heck. I've tried and been burned in the process.

Otherwise, as long as there is respect on both sides, then there will be a mutual benefit of learning each other's point of view.

[edit on 16-10-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 06:45 AM
link   
EXACTLY Ceci,

"We" have all seen just that very thing, and recently...

Very good "Analogy."

Semper

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Wow Probed!
You get flamed for wanting to get along with aliens...you must be Al qaeda(sarc).

Seriously though,the poster who threatened to kill you should have been banned for ever.
If anyone else treats you like that,i would suggest that you U2U them and remind them that a cyber threat of violence is the same as a real world threat.They could be prosecuted.

Wow,some people!!!Threats for wanting to be friends with aliens! Unbelievable...I imagine the offender has been committed to an institution by now,with nice padded walls.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   
To be honest, I don't ignore anyone (and I hope I'm not being ignored!) because I find it mildly amusing when someone comes along, talks a heap of trash, then goes down in flames because one of the more intellignet members outwitted them.

Also, what chissler said, they may change there ways.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I express my joy there are a group of us trying to discuss this topic and figuring out how to constructively deal with other members on the board when there is a contentious dispute.

In fact, there should be a thread of nothing but ideas to deal with this very topic on preventing bullying. So much can be said about trying to be "considerate" to others. There needs to be a proactive way to discuss this issue and put it into practice when dealing with other members so that people can deal with difficulties and thwart the nonsense before it turns into a full melee.

A while back, someone mentioned the proposition of an "ATS court". I would be all for that idea because some disputes will never be fully solved unless there is an impartial ear to hear both sides of the case and make a ruling on it.

It beats just relying on the "last word" to get a little bit a justice.

[edit on 16-10-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
If a person has to ignore ten or more people, then maybe it's not the other people that have the problem. Just sayin'.

I never have and never will.

Peace

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join