It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is crazier: David Icke or Alex Jones?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This has got to be one of the dumbest questions ever asked. I see what you are trying to do, you are trying to put icke and jones in the same category. Icke might be crazy, but he has never been proven wrong or right and Alex Jones is 100% correct about 911 and the US government.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
They are not mad but trying to find the answers, and you sometimes have to go deep to search it and explaining it back is always crazy because you missed the journey they had.

A movie seems real although we know it's not but you can allow your self to think it and let it be real to you as an enjoyment. But in reality you know that there are actors and film equiptment doing it all for you with creative people making it all happen. Sometimes these conspiracy theorist just like to see the behind the scenes of the movie that is being played at us. Do we trust the news do we trust the governments any more, who is behind all this?

Don't take the mick out these guys, because on ATS people are here to shed some light on the darkness.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
If you were the only one who knew something sinister was going on that no one would believe, wouldn't you think you would go crazy too from knowing it? Being the concience would eventually get to you. These guys are either complete frauds, or have secrets they are trying to share for good. sanity is a relative term. While I have lost respect for alex jones and his fun little forum, I still respect his drive to tear down genocidal madmen. David icke, I dont know alot about other than his lectures and videos on aliens, government reptilian bases etc..

so ill go with icke.

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Sorry to say this but Alex Jones is not crazy.

So you think-

- Their is no murcury in vaccines.
- The crazy creepy mural in the denver airport is a a work of art that doesn't mean anything. oh and the georgia guidstone is a bunch of ramblings.
- Their is no Trans Texas corridor.
- Their is no NAU.
- Eugenics never existed.
- Rockafeller's and friends are humanitarian good people.
- Rex 84 is false.
- Iraq war is a just cause.
- the federal reserve is a part of our gouvernment and not a private bank.
- Our money is backed by gold.
- Their is no mind control - Mk ultra never existed.
- The media is not run by corporations with curtain interests.
- Fox news is fair and balanced.

i could keep going on and on.
It is not Alex Jones that is crazy its the people that think nothing is going on that are crazy.

Orion_

[edit on 15-9-2007 by Orion_grey]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by deessell
The 'crazy' part is I'm right with David Icke until he gets to the reptiles. Why does he do this? It destroys any credibility that he has. .

there must be a reason why he talked about Reptilians, if you do more research The reptilians do exist not sure if they rule the world? , I still want to find out how the shapeshifting works?

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
Hmm.....difficult...but I would go with Icke because...I see not a drop of sanity in that man.

funny , that YOu have that 'reptilian' avatar while making that comment. I'm willing to bet you want to believe what Icke says.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Ok, i agree with david icke being a little to crazy about the reptilian shapeshifting humanoids idea. but if you catually read his book THE DAVID ICKE GUIDE TO THE GLOBAL CONSPIRACY and CHILDREN OF THE MATRIX, they all make sense and connect to each other. thats just what i think about it. im sure all of yah or most of yah think its bull#, just stop being ignorant and open your mind a bit more and it'll start to make more sense. i give props to alex jones to. i just saw his dvd endgame which wasnt so bad. the bilderburg group isnt the only secret society behind the one world government idea. its the ILLUMINATI. they are the master puppeteers of all the secret societies,media,politicians,military,banking, and alott more. they are the ones at the top of the pyramid, and everything else is below them. they call the shots, they make the decisions. for example everyone knows 9/11 was staged. by the ILLUMINATI. its like they puppeted george bush with strings, think about it. they did a false flag and blaimed it on iraq/islam. all of this was to keep every single human in a state of fear and confusion to keep them ignorant form there real master plan. thats the whole idea, FEAR. they want us in total fear. were like little rats running from a cat.
But yeah back to the main topic. I dont think either of them are crazy, their just to guys with big openminds trying to get all this information out there to the ignorant..sooo # yah mother#ass

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
you know its funny that many people think the reptilian story is completely outrageous, yet they believe there is a Super being up in the sky sitting on a throne controlling the events of our pathetic world and that he is all powerful and does anything he wants.

now i dont believe the reptilian thing until i get proof for myself, but i dont think its outside the realm of possibility.

You people calling him crazy are ridiculous (unless you are disinfo agents, then i applaud you), and i thought this was were the open minded of the internet were all gathered.

And even about the no proof thing, so what, i bet no one here can even give me proof that, on a normal day, the sky is blue instead of say green.

[edit on 16-7-2008 by tankthinker]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Didn't David Icke call himself the son of god on national television in a really gay (not that there's anything wrong with that) sky blue parachute tracksuite back in the 80s? Verdict: loopier than a japanese mexican hooler hooper doing cartwheels at a funeral.

I can't stand Alex Jones' style of ear bashing, megaphone toting pseudo-oratory, but he certainly raises good points. I think there are better researchers out there, but it takes all types i guess... Verdict: a d!ckhead, but not crazy.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
They are both brilliant--or else we'd not be discussing them. I think Icke is a bit brighter and definitely more in the light that comes from the moon--lunatic, that is. Yet as crazy as they may be--they don't come close to the masses of dull witted crackpots populating the contemporary world. Humans have gone lunatic, in general. At the top of the lunatic pyramid--you know, the all-seeing, paranoid, control freak eye--there you'll find the one who really takes the cake; Sauron. At least that's what Tolkein called the self centered devil at the center of all the rings of power. What I like about Tolkein is that he called his writings Fantasy. In this infinite universe of ours, the reptilians may be real in some dimension or other. I just wish David Icke had the wisdom not to speak about them in front of the brain dead masses who could not possibly understand. Or better still, he could have placed them in a proper sci-fi scenario where they could be understood without the prejudice people hold against things that are impossible.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
David Icke uses METAPHORS omfg what a concept. He just illustrates how controllable we are making ourselves. Its harmless. Oh by the way, he is talking about Jew-Zionists-Global Elitists when he is talking about reptiles. Sorry to pop the top on that, this is not a big surprise. I don't fully agree w/ either as they are quite good at sensationalizing everything lending to their philosophy. We are all crazy.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Whats the bloody use of such a hate causing and dividing question??

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Who is crazier is not for me to judge. But I will offer my opinion, as it currently stands, on the two:

1. They are not frauds. They believe in what they say and they believe they are doing it for the right reasons. There are many other lines of work they could do to get more money or fame. Especially (at least with Icke) at the expense of being ridiculed and marginalized.

2. Alex Jones seems to have his ducks in a row when it comes to "evidence". He exposes a lot of things people should be more informed about.

3. David Icke may have more "outlandish" views than Jones, but that doesn't necessarily make them false. It's only one's belief system that leads the person to call another "crazy". If we think we "know it all", then we're the biggest fool of all.

4. SOLUTIONS:
a. Jones, although I appreciate what he exposes, seems to be fueled by anger. His solution seems to be, "Attack the other side louder!" Although I agree with his cause of exposing B.S., I do not agree with the apparent "solution". We will not get a happier, more fair society by using weapons of attack. Even if the "attack" is against "evil".

b. Icke, while he focuses a lot of time on the "evildoers", suggests a very basic solution that makes a whole lot of sense..."know thyself". The whole problem we face is due to our externalization of problems; of blaming; of giving our power away. When David stated he was the Son of God, he stated what in my view is a fact that affects everyone...we are all Sons of God. If we get to know our true nature, I believe "Son of God" will make a whole lot more sense than thinking it was one man 2000 years ago who apparently suffered on the cross.

5. The Conspiratorialist: Jones and Icke are both professionals at this. I am sure they spend a good deal of their mental energy looking for conspiracies. As such, it's possible they find them *everywhere*. In my own life, I have seen how "connecting the dots" sometimes paints a picture that, while making sense and seeming to point to a definite "plot", isn't true at all.

6. "CRAZY": This is a relative term. Considering the state of the apparent world at the present time, I would say society is fundamentally "crazy". We believe that we can control nature; that we created ourselves. We are currently trapped in our egoic sense of separation. So in a sense I suppose that Icke and Jones are both 'crazy' -- and so are the rest of us. But I think some people have realized they themselves are 'crazy', and can embark on a path of recovery.

--
FINAL WORD: To us conspiratorially-minded folk, it's damn easy to become obsessed with uncovering all the B.S. We know longer take it for granted that "the system" is there to serve us. Who can we trust?

On the other hand, "the system" is composed of human beings (and a few reptilians and aliens). When we begin to see everyone, and I mean everyone (even G. Bush and the reptilian Queen) as being a fellow "Son of God" and not give in to their illusory state of being in this form or that, it will be a positive step indeed.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I won't speculate as to the OP's intentions for this thread, however, I think a distinction needs to be made for the answers to have meaning:

Are we to judge based on what Alex Jones and/or David Icke claim to believe, or are we to judge based on their personalities, actions, speaking styles, demeanors, etc.

If it is the former case, the answer obviously hinges on whether we believe their theories. If it is the latter, answers depend on how much we have seen and listened to them and in what context.

I happen to agree with most of David Icke's beliefs, excepting the Reptilian and holographic/transhumanist/perception-is-reality theories. I happen to agree with most of Alex Jones beliefs, excepting that I am not Christian. Also regarding Alex Jones, I agree with what many have said, that he is often over-enthusiastic and too quick to believe (or attempt to sell) many things he hears. Like anything, it's a matter of sifting through the muck to find the gold, even hardcore conspiracy theorists can't accept everything we hear.

So for an answer: David Icke's Reptilians are a deal breaker.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Easy. Alex is far less sane that Icke. Look at the media empires each has created around their own fear mongering fables. Look at the income raked in due to it. Clearly Icke is the winner. Alex must be crazy to have taken so long to still just be hawking dvds and survival gear ads.

Factor in that Icke talks about much more 'far out' concepts than Jones.
Couple that with the way they are received.
Icke can sell out huge theatres to give a 4 hour powerpoint presentation while Jones has trouble getting a decent crowd to go anywhere with him.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by patient1

Actually when you really research, outside the realm of either, Icke has more factual statements. Jones' claims are daily debunked. He presents new stories everyday as "admitted" and "declassified" and they are neither since they do not actually exsist and he cannot tell you where he got that info from. Icke talks about Reptillian shape shifters for crying out loud and yet he can back up more of what he says with facts that Jone's can any day.

I have not decided on Icke just yet but Jones is clearly a fraud on some level. Listen to how often something is sooooo important that he must continue the interview through the commercial break "just for our subscribers to hear." Really? It is so important that the only people worthy of hearing it are the ones that give Alex money? Now how does that make any sense for a truly altruistic person?

There may be plenty of good info amidst the muck with both men but I have a hard time standing behind someone that
a)claims to be christian
b)claims to want to help people
c)lies on a daily basis
d)saves the really important news for paying subscribers.

Those four things just do not mesh well with me.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
To all contributors who believe that David Icke or Alex Jones and conspiracy theorists et al are mentally imbalanced or fanatical. You are of course entitled to your opinions, however, there will always be those in our society who will blindly follow political leaders of whatever shade be they red blue or pink and BELIEVE in them and their policies. People who can 'think outside of the box' are always considered subversive, radical or belonging to the 'lunatic fringe'.
David Icke, in my opinion is one of these. An intelligent man, with coherent ideas, who is trying to join the dots of a long running scenario in a world full of megalomaniacs, some disparite, some in coalitions/associations to further their own ands and implement their agendas.
We only need think of: Adolf Hitler, Stalin, Idi Amin, Kim Il Sung, Pol Pot, Saddam Hussein, Mao Tse Tung....need I go on?
There is the saying of an Ostrich burying its head in the sand and I personally believe too many people around the globe do just that! Put on their rose tinted spectacles and bury their heads in the sand with a 'what do I care?' mentality.
As a UK citizen, since the advent of new labour, I have personally witnessed my beloved country become more of a police state, totalitarian regime and big brother surveillance society than ever before in its history!!!
One only needs to look at what is going on currently, ID cards being forced upon us in the interest of the nation...yeah right! Biometric ID cards with all your personal details on....hard cash being done away with, all your money will be electronic and BB (the govt.) will know every penny you have, where you spend it! There will be no money under the matress or any hoarding this time!
How is it that so many people allow politicians to carry through legislation which is ultimately damaging in the long run to the good of their countries....why? because its easier, is it not, to sit back and be an armchair critic and demonise or lambast the likes of Icke et al, rather than openly challenge destructive policies put through by governments with their own selfish agenda!

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I have been listening to both over the past few years, mainly Alex Jones. I guess we could add Alan Watt to the list. Everything they have said has come true to date. I dont think any one of them is crazy. I think what is crazy is actually believing you live in a domocracy, believing that the NWO is a scare tactic Jones uses to get rich. Open your eyes, look up in the sky... educate yourselves..it is happening....As far as the reptilian agenda goes...I am not sure I go along with that but am not discounting it as impossible. I think anything is possible but as far as Jones and Watt are concerned..they have been the only ones who have made any sense over the past few years.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join