It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide and the afterlife...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   
i'm a big beliver there isn't a god, but i believe in the afterlife..

what i think is when you die your spirt (instantly) moves onto another body...you become that person with no memory of the pevious life...(i sooo want that to happen)!

i hate my current life, id kill myself if i had the guts, i'm not scared of dying but i'm scared of dying (the after effects) hell....

please, please, give me some comfort - ive read that sucide is maybe permitted if you are convinced ^in yourself^ that you are ridding yourself and the world of shiit.

i soooooo want another chance,i hate my current life (living hell, noone understands what ive been through), would god give me another chance? (ie another human life)?

as said i don't belive in god, but i hope (if he exists), he can smile when i pass away and say you did the right thing.

[edit on 14-10-2006 by st3ve_o]

Mod Edit: CHanged the thread title..

[edit on 14-10-2006 by TheBandit795]

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I think you should go to a psychologist or a councilor with such a question. It's not worth it to take your own life. Just try to look at the bright parts of your life at least.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
www.near-death.com...

Take a look here, this may help you a bit. I don't believe you are instantly reincarnated. I believe you try and ask forgiveness from people you have affected in the situation of suicide.

In other words, it may seem like a cool way to go, but all the work afterwards may have you rethink otherwise. Plus God don't like when you f*ck with his plans.

and no I ain't religious I just see God as a better being than what the bible states him as.

And if you are planning on anything like this, don't.. Its better to live and learn than to lose life early. You should take time and deal with things you have to take care of.

Anyway this is all I can say about this.. I don't believe heaven/hell, I think the hell in a suicide is that you beg for forgiveness of people who cant see/hear you... That in itself is hell if you ask me.

[edit on 10/14/2006 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   
juumm....i dont think that u are gonna get another chance, i was dead once, and...the only think i can tell u is that after u are out of your body u dont feel depress or anything like that, then u realize that...u f#$^ up :S
i was send back cuz it was not my time, or at least that's what they told me, but it was not good at all
my advice to u....dont do it, hell is not a pretty place to be
i hope that this post can help u up buddy, take care

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Suidide is a difficult issue to speak about. Once someone is thinking about it, it's hard to convince them otherwise.

All I can say is chin up. Look at the good things in life that surround us everywhere. All you have to do is look past the bad stuff. I know sometimes that is hard to do, but it is possible. You just have to try.

Talk to a doctor and the people affecting you. Remember that suicide leaves an impact once you leave. The people who care about you will feel twice as bad as you do now.

There is no sure answer to what happens when you die. There are stories of people who say they have had near-death-experiences after doing so. They are usually pretty grim.

Please talk yourself out of it. It's never the right path.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I am closing this thread.

st3ve_o,

My best advice to you is go see a professional (but a more modern one, not the classical lie in the armchair ones). That's one of the best help you can get.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
There are requests to opening this thread again, so I will do it. But I'l keep watching the thread. And I will not stop hampering on the importance for st3ve to see a professional. (And I don't mean anything bad with that st3ve).

Bandit.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Just remember steveo that your goal for being alive is to get ready for death.

Peace and love to you, i hope things works out for you buddy.

Ps: is this in the proper thread category?

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by st3ve_o

as said i don't belive in god, but i hope (if he exists), he can smile when i pass away and say you did the right thing.

Hi partner, my name is Brian and I am a Firefighter. I have seen people make that wrong choice before, and every time if they would have waited it out just a bit longer and got some help they find the right path and lead a happy life. Hold on there brother and get someone that can help you. Dial your emergency number there in the UK and tell them what you have been feeling.

Please do not let yourself be alone in this there are people that have been where you are and can help you get to the otherside of these feelings. Get in touch with someone that cares their are plenty out there. Remember the good people that are around to help. Hold on, stay the course and it will get better.

Peace, and love...

[edit on 14-10-2006 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   

please, please, give me some comfort - ive read that sucide is maybe permitted if you are convinced ^in yourself^ that you are ridding yourself and the world of shiit.

Sounds like you don't feel too good about yourself. That can be due to a lot of reasons, and yes, I agree with The Bandit that you should talk to a therapist. Many of them will work with you confidentially if you think your family is not supportive of this process.

As for suicide, do not do it. I agree with ThicHeaded that suicide will probably involve some kind of experience where you are forced to experience the grief of those who are affected by losing you. It's no picnic, and you will regret it.

I have heard some life-stories on ATS that make my life look like shangri-la. There's always somebody worse off, so maybe meditating on that fact could help you see your own life in a different light?

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Hi St3ve_o, you know it is hard to tell what path you are heading down while you ar on it. Maybe these bad things that have been happening is so you can pass on the wisdom of being there to someone else. I can tell you are feeling terrible, I can also tell you are a good person. Wouldnt that be something to be able to one day help someone that is feeling the way you are today? We are all here for a reason, sometimes it hard to tell why we are here when things feel like crap. Your life has touched people all the way accross the pond to a place here in Michigan. If you can do that think of what you have to offer people in real life. You are on a path, stay on it and see where it leads. You are here for a reason and maybe that reason is to get past this time in your life and help someone down the road that is feeling the same way.

Get some help, there are people that care and will get you through this.

Love and light

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I think its safe to say that all of us have at one point or another, to varying degrees of seriousness, contemplated taking our own lives. I've personally hit rock bottom and I'm still in the process of picking myself up and dusting myself off. I am grateful that I have never been close to taking my own life before, but I can certainly empathise with those who have.

I'm not an overly religious person, in my opinion. I was raised in the Episcopal church. I was Baptised and had my First Holy Communion. My mother tried dragging us to church every weekend, but over time we stopped going. I've prayed to God just about every night of my adult life. It was Richard Nixon who reportedly told Henry Kissinger, "Never be too proud to get down on your knees before God." For the last year or so I've tried to go to church every Sunday, or as often as possible. My girlfriend is Catholic but has been open enough to come to my church instead of dragging me to her far more strict branch of religion. Our Pastor is a great guy. Married with a couple of children, he actually listens to Metallica and is a professional wrestling fan! He's down to Earth and has a great sense of humor.

I don't know if any of that information I just provided is relevant, except to give you a little background on myself and what I'm basing my advice to you on. I've never sat down and read the Bible. However, I believe that suicide is a sin. Granted, I don't consider people such as those on 9/11 who when given the choice between burning in a slow and painful death decided instead to leap to their deaths, to be sinners at all. So maybe I'm a hypocrite. But what I believe even more passionately is that killing yourself is one of the most horrible and selfish things you could ever do to your friends and loved ones. And no matter what you want to believe, I know that there are people who love you and care about you. Even if they themselves are no longer on this Earth, they are still watching over you and still caring about you.

Martin Luther King said something along the lines of "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." This part of your life is your test, my friend. Whether you believe in God or not- something, or some higher power, is testing you. The pitch is bearing down on the plate and you need to decide whether you're going to swing for the fences or just drop your bat and walk home. Believe me when I tell you that those who fight for what they believe in, and do their best to overcome adversity, are ultimately rewarded. Whether your reward comes in this life or the afterlife is a moot point. Killing yourself will void everything. It will cheat you of every great thing and every great moment that lies ahead. And it will cheat the world of your contributions, it will cheat those who love you and those who will someday love you, and it will cheat those who's very lives depend on you creating them.

My guess is that you're still a fairly young person. When you're older, and you've exhausted all efforts, and you've loved another person more than you've ever loved yourself, and you've experienced all that life has to offer, THEN you can make your own decision. But when the vast majority of the story of your life has yet to be written, why would you end it all right now?

I hope my ramblings will in some way help you make the right decision. If not, my thoughts and prayers are with your friends and loved ones. Just remember, no matter what, that you are NEVER alone. You have so much help at your disposal should you choose to accept it. Stand up and do the right thing, my friend. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and be grateful for the things that you do have in life- food to eat, a roof over your head, friggin internet access and ATS membership! LOL. Just think of all the things you have that someone in Somalia or Ethiopia would literally give their limbs for. Remember that no matter how bad you think you have it, there is always someone else that has it much worse and has never once considered giving up. God bless...

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
SteveO, sometimes living in the moment can really make a moment out of you. In this case it seems so many moments that you're carrying are not positive. Be confident that those moment will pass and others will change your perspective all over again. Know yourself then love yourself. Life is a test of many things, what you may think is of no worth may really be what will untimately empower you. Try to remember that you volunteered for this life. You just haven't discovered why yet. It's there, all you have to do is genuinely seek it out. Many blessing.

AAC

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 12:14 AM
link   
hi thanks for the responses, after reading what ive put i think i was just going through a dull moment, (been out drinking tonight).

but i believe 60% of the worlds popuation (more than half) have thought about killing themselfs more than once...as for myself, i have had a lot of pain and mental torture in my life (you wouldn't believe half that i told you),

i'm 24 i'm a young man and i'm a big beliver in curing yourself (therefore i would NEVER go and talk to somebody) i don't want anyone getting inside my head.

as said i 'won't' (kill myself) i haven't got the guts to...but i hope this thread can help people who have problems too (ie:- cutting themselfs etc).

i do want to believe in god though, sometimes a pray when things get bad (even though i don't believe in god) how weird is that? :/

[edit on 15-10-2006 by st3ve_o]

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   

as said i probably 'wont' i haven't got the guts to...but i hope this thread can help people who have problems too (ie:- cutting themselfs etc).

i do want to believe in god though, sometimes a pray when things get bad (even though i don't believe in god) how weird is that? :/

Prayer is good and natural. It doesn't weaken you, and yes, there are spirits who care about you.

As for cutting, this indicates you need support and help. I don't know much about the problem, but I do know that it is symptomatic of deeper dissatisfaction in the person.

Again, please realize that therapy and seeking help from others does not make you weak and is the wise course. Accepting help with depression and despair, indicates wisdom.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Steve ther is a higher power, I have seen it many times on the job. Once you recognise the synchronicity of things happening around you, then you know there is a God. It doesnt have to be a mainstream religion, find your own spiritual path and you will feel the devine.

Thank you for letting us all be there while things seem dark. Take the path of spirituality, and only you know what that is, and let no one dictate what that is to you.

Love and light young brother...

Edit to say: It is 1:20 AM and I am going to bed, goodnight to all you kind hearted ATS'ers!

[edit on 15-10-2006 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   
no mate, i don't cut myself, i was using that as an example as i know people who visit the message board probably do.

what i do with my problems is build them up inside (don't talk about it) because i don't want to worry anyone...i admit i have a lot of demons in my head.

but ive had an hard life, breaking the law for my family/selling things since i was a school kid (that i didn't want to).

but i had no choice really! i used to come home from school/work and have a massive crowd of people cueing up at the door waiting for me to come home for cigs (+ other things too)...i have a lot more things aswell that i don't want to go into, but ive been brought up into a world of hate.

ah well, i can't believe that i'm going into detail..probably regret it tomorrow :p

all serious though, i'm ok - ive had the best of everything all my life but ive had to earn it in other ways (if you know what i mean)? sorry about this thread now, but i hope it can help other people

as for my original message, i do regret posting it, but sometimes i do think of those things, especially after a night out, i sometimes think if could end it all now and i ^knew for a fact^ id go to a better place or start fresh (another life).

some things we aren't ment to know though

[edit on 15-10-2006 by st3ve_o]

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 12:51 AM
link   
i was raised as a christian but now i'm more of a spiritualist so i have a mix of both.

look man. i live with chronic pain every single day. 24-7. the worst pain imaginable. i have to take some heavy narcotics just to get through the day. trust me, i think about suicide often. it's been nearly two years and the pain hasn't gotten any better. doctors have said that i'll be living with this forever. that sucks. i'm manic depressive and i had a prettty rough time of it before all this too. i've been there. sh#t i'm there now.

the thing is that if you off yourself and you reincarnate, you're just gonna have to go through the same situations all over again until you get it right and stick it out and next time it'll probably get worse. and if reincarnation doesn't exist then i guess it's hell or purgatory and neither of them is very great at all. so i suggest you stick it out. things get better. it's up and down. life is cyclic. you just have to take it as it comes and not dwell on the stuff that you can't change.

hope that helps.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I guess one questiong may be...do you want to take the chance?
The point being that if you were to commit suicide, there is no one that has ever come back to confirm what happens in the afterlife.
You could end up in many possible scenerios...hell, reincarnated as a rat, or as nothing.
Who knows, and Im not sure most people would want to take those chances...

What if you have to keep being tested life after life...and it just gets harder and harder as there is a lesson to learn?

One thing that can help, is taking it as a challenge to master this life.
If you can master this when it feels like crap to you, then whatever comes afterward will be like heaven to you.

I will recommend Eckhart Tolle audio books (reading goes in one time, and its finished...if you really want to change you mind set, you have to have a constant way of new thinking as most people think all the time, so listening to someone like Eckhart on your ipod may be useful. I know I listened to him for over 4 years almost day and night it seemed...trust me, I look at the world in a totally different way, and it is part of my life. NOt just a one time book read eye opener, yet having trouble applying the principles.)

Anyway...peace

Dalen

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
I think you should go to a psychologist or a councilor with such a question. It's not worth it to take your own life.

EXACTLY. Seriously ... seek someone out who is trained in helping you through this difficult time in your life.

There are many things that can be making you think this way. Some times it's body chemistry that can very easily be taken care of. Most times it also requires time talking with a TRAINED professional who can help you sort through things.

TheBandit is absolutely correct. Please seek help with the situation immediately. Do not wait. Open the phone book and call. There is NOTHING wrong with doing so. MANY MANY people seek help in this manner.

As far as your question about suicide and the afterlife two things come to mind. First - look at the Near Death Experiences (NDEs) of people who have attempted suicide and survived. They are posted on the internet. Also, look at the testimonials given by people who tried to commit suicide (or who were tempted to) but then got professional help. They ALL post that they are glad they got help and that suicide would have been a severe reaction to a temporary problem.

Please .. pick up your phone and make the call to a trained professional. Do it NOW. GO NOW.

[edit on 10/15/2006 by FlyersFan]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join