It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gerry Studds Dead: 69

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Gerry Studds who publicly acknowledged his homosexuality after a man revealed that he and Studds had had a sexual relationship when the man in question was an underaged page, has died at the age of 69.

Former Rep. Gerry Studds, who became the first openly gay member of Congress when his homosexuality was exposed during a teenage page sex scandal, died early Saturday. He was 69.

Studds died at Boston Medical Center several days after he collapsed while walking his dog, his husband said. Doctors determined his loss of consciousness was due to a blood clot in his lung, Dean Hara said.

Studds regained consciousness and seemed to be improving, but his condition deteriorated Friday because of a second blood clot. The origin of the second clot was not immediately determined, said Hara, who married Studds shortly after same-sex marriage was legalized in Massachusetts in 2004.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Weird.

He was just a vague memory to me, unitl his name popped up in the news again, these last couple of weeks.
Realy odd timing..

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
It is interesting that his death comes hard on the heels of the Mark Foley affair. I'm sure there have been many cases of hands on mentoring in Congress for generations that we haven't heard of though.

Wow! Freddie Fender died at 69 today, too! Hmmmm. Conspriacy? You decide.

[edit on 2006/10/14 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
NBC listed his age as 59...I thought that a little young.

top topics

join