It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need to start letting go of time!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I wanted to post this thread to promote a discussion about time. I know this would have been discussed before but I hope this is a new angle on the subject and food for thought because for the last few years, I have had a kind of natural awakening regarding time and seem to now view time very differently from those around me. I had hoped to explore the possibilities of simply removing the dimension from our realities and is this possible to do conciously?

About 10 or so years ago, I started to get a strong yearning to break free from the corporate culture and rat race I seemed to have found myself in. I was actually very successful at the time so the desire felt odd so it was a while before I acted upon the desire.

Long story short, I left my high paid job in a suit and eventually moved to the country. I threw away my suits and watch and worked for myself. Overnight, time lost it's relevance almost completely. I didn't pay much attention to it at first. The net result is i sleep when im tired, I get up when I wake up, I may sleep for 1 hour or 12 hours but always averages 8. I find myself up at night a lot but it flips back and forth, I don't pay much attention to it but of course, everyone else thinks i'm completely barking. I didn't set out for this to happen, it just did.

When you read Serpo, (Yeah I know it's BS) but part of it talks about the difficulty time had for them. I think about 6 weeks into the trip, they had to abandon keeping Earths 24 hour clock because the supposed planet they were on had a different rotation and orbit periods thus rendering a 24 hour clock, completely irrelevant. Although disinfo, there are good things to these stories, this is a nice analogy for a newbie to understand how easy it is to realise how superficial time is, and also our reality.

John Titor is another one that dug up ponderings about time. Again, the food for thought here was the multiple timeline theories, perhaps multiple universes, ying yang, divergence et al. Again, BS or disinfo? but most of us on ATS believe that although JT may have been a hoax, I, for one, would not discount the possibility and even accept a less than huge probability.

So, here I am on Earth, an ordinary human in ordinary society (if you believe the media and governments) except the only use I have for a clock is so I can keep an eye on the pace of the world around me for I now feel an ever so slight extension of the majority's reality but not actually within it. There is immense peace in this reality and your productiveness goes through the roof and I can still read precocious amounts of material and manage an income stream to provide the existence on the edge of society.

Although this is not everyone's idea of Utopia, what will happen as the world shrinks as technology advances, we will march into a 24 hour world which is a step toward abandoning time. People will work from home more and more, they will manage their life differently, Japan will talk to America, Australia will talk to the UK. This is already happening and has been for over a decade, the time barrier is slowly being dissolved. What happens when we realise that in order to advance, we have to look beyond anything that is applicable only to this planet or our reality and time is this very thing and not only that, it is a dimension that exists only in our minds.

It needs to go.

You travel to another country or even across a large one and you adjust your watch!
Spring and fall, the clock goes forward or back 1 hour!

Why do we do these things? When we didn't have clocks, day and night was the clock, a natural solution for the survival at the time. We don't need this today, we are in the space age and seeking anti gravity and free energy and we still bind ourselves with this damn clock. We need to at least start thinking about this.

(could a mod please move this if its in the wrong place, thanks)

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I suggest you start reading about Quantum Physics. It will give you some more ideas to ponder about. Nice read, thanks!

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
That sounds similar to what I've went through. Thank you for your time.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I found this to be an interesting page. I hope others do too.

How to Stop Time!

Once you get used to the technique, scroll down and use the large clock so it fills the screen. Play around with it for 5-10 minutes. Loved it.

[edit on 19/10/06 by Prote]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prote
The net result is i sleep when im tired, I get up when I wake up, I may sleep for 1 hour or 12 hours but always averages 8. I find myself up at night a lot but it flips back and forth, I don't pay much attention to it but of course, everyone else thinks i'm completely barking. I didn't set out for this to happen, it just did.

No offense, but that's not breaking free from the corporate culture, it's called lazyness.

Now you may be able to slack in bed whenever you want because nobody depends on you I guess.

But how would you feel if you go some place, only to bump your nose on closed doors because they decided to go take a nap during business hours. Can you wait, sir, they will come back to serve you some time around the next day or two when the sun is facing north, is that accurate enough for you?

You travel to another country or even across a large one and you adjust your watch!
Spring and fall, the clock goes forward or back 1 hour!

Why do we do these things? When we didn't have clocks, day and night was the clock, a natural solution for the survival at the time.

Jeez, you are kidding, right? Time zones was invented especially for this reason, railroad travelers had to deal with many different clocks with varying hours of its own, scheduling a trip was a mess and very confusing, trains would never show up on time. Today you adjust your watch to a standard time, what's so evil about that? Not a tool to enslave you, it's the best measurement we could come up with to get things done on a timely manner when you most need it.

Let's say you travel to another country as you suggested, would you prefer the hotel clerk to say he will get back to you later in the day to hand you the key for your reserved room because right now it's raining outdoor so he can't see where the sun is facing, in the mean time you can drop your luggages on the side walk hoping nobody is going to steal it, oh great that would be quality service. To hell with clocks!

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufia

Originally posted by Prote
The net result is i sleep when im tired, I get up when I wake up, I may sleep for 1 hour or 12 hours but always averages 8. I find myself up at night a lot but it flips back and forth, I don't pay much attention to it but of course, everyone else thinks i'm completely barking. I didn't set out for this to happen, it just did.

No offense, but that's not breaking free from the corporate culture, it's called lazyness.

Now you may be able to slack in bed whenever you want because nobody depends on you I guess.

Interestingly, the common misconception is laziness, but in fact the opposite is true, Perhaps you missed the productivity statement. You said no offence and your comments would be offensive if they weren't ignorant. Ask questions if you don't understand something as you clearly don't. I operate several businesses. Not being constrained by time allows you to do MORE and allows you to do more in one sittting also. Working a 24 hour "day" or even more is no biggie. I'll knock your productivity into a cocked hat. Those that are stuck at your level are the lazy.

But how would you feel if you go some place, only to bump your nose on closed doors because they decided to go take a nap during business hours. Can you wait, sir, they will come back to serve you some time around the next day or two when the sun is facing north, is that accurate enough for you?

You are making the assumption that if the world gradually paid less attention to time, we would still hold onto the concept of business hours. Don;t you think if such a thing was changed, that nothing would change with it. If our current society was not so straight jacketed into time like you are, then linear time wouldn't be structured the way it is would it. You would do what you need to when you need to. No waiting for 9am for the doors to open, that's primitive. That's lazy.

Time zones was invented especially for this reason, railroad travelers had to deal with many different clocks with varying hours of its own, scheduling a trip was a mess and very confusing, trains would never show up on time. Today you adjust your watch to a standard time, what's so evil about that? Not a tool to enslave you, it's the best measurement we could come up with to get things done on a timely manner when you most need it.

Again, you are thinking of this from your current hard wired perspective. I also didn't say time was evil, I am proposing it is restrictive. If you try and run trains to a timetable without a timetable, of course there's going to be chaos, are you serious?

You think I want to get rid of time but think it can be done without any mind opening or society adjustment. It won't happen overnight, it would be a gradual process. In fact, it's a process which is happening now and has been for some time. It would need to be gradual process because as man marches through time, we evolve spiritually and each generation is less "hard wired" and manipulated than the last. I also don't mention anything about enslavement unless your perception of being restricted is enslavement. I imagine there are several degrees of seperation.

Let's say you travel to another country as you suggested, would you prefer the hotel clerk to say he will get back to you later in the day to hand you the key for your reserved room because right now it's raining outdoor so he can't see where the sun is facing, in the mean time you can drop your luggages on the side walk hoping nobody is going to steal it, oh great that would be quality service. To hell with clocks!

No the clerk would hand you the key. Time is many things. I don't live my life by time and I realise how difficult this is for most people. Drop your luggage on the sidewalk!? Why would you do that?

In addition, I also never said that we have never needed time. In fact some measurement of time may also be needed but to so religiously observe it the way we do is ridiculous. People are stressed all the time because they have to be here, do that, meet this person, have 5 minutes to get here, pick up that, call fred.

Not being straightjacketed so severely is adding a layer of reality that really isn't needed to the same degree any more. Time has been needed upto now (another thing you seem to have missed) for many different reasons, simply cataloging events for one and recording history. Crime for another. How do you determine whether a crime has been committed before or after another event? but you don't raise these questions, you talk about leaving your suitcase on the sidewalk? and a clerk having to see where the sun is to know the time. If he wasn't worried about the time, why would he look at anything at all to see what the time was? All you are doing is trying to replace the clock with the sun because you can't currently conceive life without time.

I'm not saying the world can get rid of time today and it will all be fine and rosy. I am saying that I have fallen into a sort of "extension" of everone else's reality and time is the difference. You have to realise that I accept it won't be easy but I feel it is something we should be looking at and thinking about because our view of linear time is one of the forces that limits our dimensional reality. It is ONLY applicable to this rock and no other unless you just happen to stumble on a planet with the same rotation and orbital periods etc. How is this good when we are entering the space age, when the world is experiencing a spiritual awakening. I have seen the benefits and I like them. Did you do the clock time test above. It worked for me straight away. It actually felt as though I stopped time. The sound on the TV even slowed down and in minutes, I was able to produce some amazing effects. How did you get on?

Call me misguided if you like but don't assume I'm lazy. It is being driven, not lazy, that has got me where I am. I'll debate the pros and cons with you and even concede points that I think would be difficult to overcome, I have already listed two that you overlooked.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I don't live by a clock or a calender, except for hospital appointments and just do a four hourly check so not to take my medicine too soon, or too late.

Otherwise, time in relation to age and substance has no meaning for me. When people say 20 years have passed, it feels like it was only yesterday to me, as it is so fresh in my mind. I don't really have a concept of time, when people refer to age. Chronologically, I am 43, but on Jupiter, I would be much younger. So time is made for man, not man made for time. In other words, some people rely on a timeclock to organise their lives. I live by the sun, the moon and the stars.

When I lived with the red indians for six months they had no clock in their house and they taught me how to measure time by the sun, moon and stars. When you see time in relation to the revolutions of the planet on it's axis-time becomes inconsequential and meaningless.

My husband loves clocks; if it were me, there would be no clocks in this house; except on the computer to alert me to appointments.

I have been told how young I look-I feel that is down to the fact that I don't stress myself out over time and take one moment at a time, not worry about the future and I feel past, present and future are not linear, but how is it somebody described-intermixed. Also, the present soon becomes the past and in the past the present was the future, see what I mean.

I live purely moment to moment without regard to a timepiece; except to make sure my medicine is taken every four hours.

I have my clock on my microwave on the summertime and my husband set the other clocks to the fall setting. It doesn't really make any difference.

If we look at time, it varies around the globe anyway. In America they have Mountain, Pacific, Eastern and Central time zones and yet they are one country. It doesn't really make much sense to me. We are on 0meantime in London. So what does time mean in relevance to America. If I go to America I am a day younger by rights and in the UK a day older. So really what is the point of worrying about time for it has too many variables and I believe time and space can be bent.

posted on Dec, 19 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Well I do have a 'schedule' but it doesn't go on an hourly basis. I also live in the 'country' so to speak and like working early mornings or sometime late nights on my computer. It's just weird. I guess you could say it's something like 'on call'?

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I think the real question among us is...what is time? what does it mean, where did it come from, and why is it so important to our lives. I believe that time is something Humans CREATED to help keep themselves in check. But I leave you now with one question. What Is Time?

long days and pleasent nights,
Ford Farmer

new topics

top topics

join