It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O'Reilly Equates 9/11 Truthers With Terrorists

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I think the issue to worry about here is not the subject matter, but the fact that the media are being used to shout down anyone who disagrees with the Goverment and its policies. Such actions remove the rights in a democracy of those who wish to challenge what the Goverment is doing.

This is a vey worrying trend inside of America and was started by Bush himself when he said that anybody not following the true story of 9/11 were unpatriotic. Well patriotism has nothing to do with it . Goverments are there at the request of the people and it is the people who should question the Goverment about any matter any time.

Should any democraticaly elected Goverment try to remove the right to speak out and challenge their policies then you dont have a democracy you have a dictatorship. This continuing insideous attitude bears all the traits of Hitlers Germany before the War and Lenins/Stalins Russia. One only has to study those events to see the parallels.

The same is happening here in the UK,m you now cannot demonstrate within 1 k of the houses of Parliament, the excuse being its to stop terrorists activities. No its not its to stop people from exercising their rights in protest outside a goverment building, a building that we the people pay for and politicians who we pay for to represent us.

One has got to ask how would you describe a country were elections are rigged, where legislation is introduced to control the populace and remove rights, military tribunals, and to speak against the goverment is seen as sedition. Does that sound like a democracy or does it sound more like a dictatorship, well I know what I think but I cannot speak for anyone else.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jofomu

Originally posted by Umbrax

Name calling and ridicule is a sign of weakness.

Where's the, tinfoil hat, paranoid smiley, Simon?

'Nuff Said.

It is pretty clear you are a returning member. You can re-read these topped 9/11 threads.

EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY... ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ
**POLICY STATEMENT FOR THE 9/11 FORUM: ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ**

While your at it read these from Board Business & Questions:
No more scoffing and ridicule...
Courtesy Is Mandatory

See you 'round.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I think Mr. O' Reilly was just pointing out that there are some people who simply don't care anymore, who are finding the truth for the wrong reasons. It's not the same. People who that's how they fill their time.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Name calling or not Bill O'Really is a scantamonus blowhard who is overly enamoured with his own importance. Anyone who believes a word he says is probably dumb enough to give credence to Mush Loosebowels, Ann Coulter and Micheal Savage...O'Really's only saving grace is that he is so full of himself that it makes great comedy unlike the others.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
lol, I guess that is fairly true of him. But that doesn't mean he misses the point on everything. Am I the only person to watch his interview with Barbara Walters on 20/20 a few months back?

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
baabaa waawaa is the only reporter I know that makes Katie Courac look like a hard hitter.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
One thing I find starnge about the O'Reilly show is that it is supposed to be news but it is based on "opinion" It's clear to see, but he even says it in the clip. Since when was news opinion? FFS!

It's clear to see that O'Reilly is desparate! I think that he's such a C*** anyway resorting to pathetic name calling and "Shut Up!" Why does this p*$# have his own show?

[edit on 14-10-2006 by Xeros]

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros
One thing I find starnge about the O'Reilly show is that it is supposed to be news but it is based on "opinion" It's clear to see, but he even says it in the clip. Since when was news opinion? FFS!

[edit on 14-10-2006 by Xeros]

I'm not an O'Reilly fan by any means ... rarely watch the show because his ego is too large and I don't agree typically agree with opinions. That said, I wish more news sources were open about the fact that they are opininated. I'm tired of the news being"fair and impartial" and coming off like they have no interest in the story or than "just the facts, ma'am". Because there is typically some political or social issues at play and where they stand on them has a tilt on the story.

What happened to Democratic and Republican newspapers ... at least then you could read both sides of the story and know the truth was somewhere in between.

So, I for one, think it's great that O'Reilly says his news is based on opinion. At least he's being honest about the situation.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Hang on, O'Reilly says on the NEWS his frigin opinions but he denounces this University guy for giving his opinions. What a complete hypocritical ass.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Magic Mushroom says:

but the fact that the media are being used to shout down anyone who disagrees with the Goverment and its policies

Since when? In the US, the media gives a LOT of air time to people who disagree with the Bush Administration. If they didnt, no one would know people like Cindy Sheehan (which is just one more reason why I dislike reporters)

This is a vey worrying trend inside of America and was started by Bush himself when he said that anybody not following the true story of 9/11 were unpatriotic.

And when the same morons accuse those of us in the military as being the ones who caused that day?

One has got to ask how would you describe a country were elections are rigged, where legislation is introduced to control the populace and remove rights, military tribunals, and to speak against the goverment is seen as sedition

That's easy..Cuba, China, North Korea.....

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999

One has got to ask how would you describe a country were elections are rigged, where legislation is introduced to control the populace and remove rights, military tribunals, and to speak against the goverment is seen as sedition

That's easy..Cuba, China, North Korea.....

Don't forget the USA. BTW, thank you for your service in the millitary.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Sorry Griff, but the facts dont support you. I have not lost a SINGLE right guaranteed to me by the Constitution since 9/11/01. Unless you are referring to Chicago elections, we for the most part dont have "rigged" elections and the military tribunals for prisoners of war have ALWAYS existed.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Oh yeah, that's pretty much the third reason I forgot to register.
1. Busy, distracted by my social/professional/personal life.
2. Forced public service as a juror, and the financial conseques there of.
3. Rigged elections, too many 'bad' politicans, and too much polarization in voting.
4. Rigged local voting records, loss of rights, from smoking to behavioral Constitutional issues, or possible issues, and the politicans usurping them to hurt people, even if you e-mail or mail them.

I'm 21, that's the part that's so depressing. Simply, because I love politics.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I have not lost a SINGLE right guaranteed to me by the Constitution since 9/11/01.

Maybe you haven't lost any rights, or think you haven't, that doesn't mean rights haven't been lost or violated.

In celebration of Independence Day and the rights and freedoms of the peoples of the US, reports of more than 180 violations of human rights by the US Government since 9/11 were submitted to the UN Human Rights Committee, the UN Committee Against Torture, the UN Committee on Elimination of Racial Discrimination, and to the Bureau of International Organization Affairs in the US Department of State under a resolution adopted by the City Council of Berkeley, California.
Report of 180 Types of US Human Rights Violations Since 9/11. By Ann Fagan Ginger

www.truthout.org...

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Yeah, everytime a inmate in a US prison is denied cable TV or chunky peanut butter, someone says their rights have been violated.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I think O' Reiley just doesn't understand what the working class worries about. Not to say he never tried or wanted to learn. I just think at his age, when most people start to think a little more "in the past". That he just assumes, everyone is lazy. I think some it's cultural, some of it's him, and some it's the rich people and powerful people he now knows that infulence him, and have sent his show "down hill" for some people.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Makes ya wonder why Bill O' compares most people to terrorists and extremists. Bill O' needs to listen to himself really closely sometimes, and realize what bad things he's been saying to people all these years. I don't even think that Bill realizes that he himself could be called a terrorist by others who despise him.

Maybe that's the reason why Olbermann and Countdown on MSNBC usually rate Bill O', 'The Worst Person in the World.'

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Every network has its resident "badass"; MSNBC has Olbermann, CNN has Cafferty, and FOX has O'Reilly. The difference is how they treat their guests; Olbermann doesn't have any guests, he tears up a subject; Cafferty, on the rare occassion he has a guest, is generally pretty respectful; and O'Reilly will either brownnose or destroy, depending on who his guest is.

Plus O'Reilly's a hardline republican; unless you watch his show you have no idea how hardline he is. For example, when the Foley mess first hit the public sector, O'Reilly and Ann Coulter traded sympathies about what a terrible "disease" Foley has (yeah, when a political big-shot turns out to be a pedophile it's a disease).

Just like (insert first name here) Kennedy's drinking problems; we're all insensitive if we consider it a lack of self-control (says liberals), it's a disease.

It all boils down to propoganda. If you are able to acknowledge that one station slants in a way that the other doesn't, that should sum it up for you.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Take it as a complement.
It means you guys are a threat to lies and cover up and are doing a good job. If he has to equate 9/11 truthers with terrorists it only means that things are getting desperate.
We all know their methods by now.

Try reading the post of a 9/11 believer here and let me know if "truthers" are not just as "desparate" or by participating in name calling and ridiculing, not showing signs of their own "weakness," as so claimed against O'Reilly for his inference of "truthers" to/with terrorists....

Note: More examples could have been supplied and linked.

[edit on 14-10-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Yeah, everytime a inmate in a US prison is denied cable TV or chunky peanut butter, someone says their rights have been violated.

Yeah and you need to watch this...

video.google.com...

Prison is hell, TV, peanut butter or 100 virgins, it's still hell.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join