It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O'Reilly Equates 9/11 Truthers With Terrorists

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Wow,Why so upset,if theres nothing to the story?You can go here and watch Bill'O get mean and ignorant.There are 2 video clips on this page.

(PrisonPlanet)-During Professor Jim Fetzer's appearance on The O'Reilly Factor Thursday night, O'Reilly equated the 9/11 Scholars with terrorists and threw his weight behind a move to have them being investigated by the FBI, in a similar vein to a previous case in which his false charges led to the arrest of another professor and charges of supporting terrorism which were later dismissed.

"I'd put the FBI on you and that nutty Barrett and find out what the hell you guys are up to," salivates O'Reilly, making reference to Sammy Al-Arian, a former professor at USF who was charged and later acquitted of helping to lead a Palestinian terrorist group that carried out suicide bombings against Israel.
www.prisonplanet.com...

So now we "hate" America if we doubt the "official story".And terrorists to boot?
Seems like the 9/11 groups are getting to him,hell of an effort to attack it.

[edit on 13-10-2006 by Black_Fox]

[edit on 14/10/06 by JAK]

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Well, to be fair, O'Reilly didn't say all those who question the story are terrorists; he accused Fetzer, Barret, and Churchill of being nuts, and made the comment that he'd have them watched to "find out what they were up to".

And I will also admit it raises some interesting questions that I've only briefly considered before; why doesn't this stuff get into the mainstream news anywhere?

But you should try to take everything O'Reilly says with a grain of salt. It really doesn't matter who his guest is; if the guest has an opposing view on the issue in question, O'Reilly always rips them up.

Frankly, Fetzer should have turned down the offer to be on the Factor, because O'Reilly made him look like an ass.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Fetzer is and has been over his head. I applaud his conviction to his beliefs, whether I agree with them or not, but he really needs to realize he hasn't the qualifications to be the spokesman for his group.

O'Reilly is a McCarthyistic fascist who needs his mic stuck up his pompous backside....at least then we'd have a chance of hearing something interesting.

[edit on 10-13-2006 by Valhall]

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Take it as a complement.
It means you guys are a threat to lies and cover up and are doing a good job. If he has to equate 9/11 truthers with terrorists it only means that things are getting desperate.
We all know their methods by now.

Name calling and ridicule is a sign of weakness.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Fetzer is and has been over his head. I applaud his conviction to his beliefs, whether I agree with them or not, but he really needs to realize he hasn't the qualifications to be the spokesman for his group.

O'Reilly is a McCarthyistic fascist who needs his mic stuck up his pompous backside....at least then we'd have a chance of hearing something interesting.

[edit on 10-13-2006 by Valhall]

I disagree Val because O'Reilly is the one who is unqualified not Fetzer. Reading Bill O'Reilly's and his so called ""arguments," you can see they consist of name calling. Ad homonym attacks only get no cigar in debating 101. But in MSM the Bizzaro Universe, that's all you have to do to prove anything.

No Val, God love you and all, but it is O'Reilly who has all the characteristics of his own weak arguments which are not even arguments, and it is he who is not qualified.

Dr. Fetzer in contrast is a qualified exponent of the structural engineering at the center of 911 inquiry. Being a specialized does not render you unable to tie your own shoe laces on different issues than your specialty.

But never mind, the current US President couldn't answer who the President of Pakistan or the Prime minister of India was while campaigning.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkipShipman
Dr. Fetzer in contrast is a qualified exponent of the structural engineering at the center of 911 inquiry.

Actually, Dr. Fetzer is a retired professor of philosophy, or something of that nature.

There are structural and civil engineers with Scholars for 9/11 Truth now, but he isn't one of them. The most outspoken of their structural engineers so far has been Charles Pegelow, and I'm not even sure he's a formal member of the group, or just associated with them by the fact that he thinks the Towers were blown with explosives.

Dr. Steven Jones is co-founder and a Ph. D. physicist, and I think he's much more qualified to be the group's leader. He knows what he's talking about, he's soft-spoken, rational, and very conservative with his statements (qualifies them with "we believe" or "might" or "this is just a hypothesis"), which I think goes over a lot better with more skeptics, though probably not O'Reilly. I have no words for O'Reilly that wouldn't be edited out of my post by a moderator.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Take it as a complement.
It means you guys are a threat to lies and cover up and are doing a good job. If he has to equate 9/11 truthers with terrorists it only means that things are getting desperate.
We all know their methods by now.

Where's the, tinfoil hat, paranoid smiley, Simon?

Some of you have made up your minds, all those that disagree.......?

You guys are NOT searching for the truth.

You're trying to convince others that your PRE-CONCIEVED notions are correct. AAAAAAAAAND EVERYTHING else is dis-info, sheepish-ness, shill lies or blind belief.

Howcome you cannot withstand a factual or intellectual challenge?

Howcome you spend hours beating REAL evidence with a stick until it, nearly, fits your opinion?

Howcome you guys quote-mine?

Howcome everyone that disagrees believes the, "Official Version". Like we hadn't worked it out for ourselves?

YADAYADAYADAYADA.

Repeat until convinced.

AAAAND, WHY aren't truthers being shot, given our allknowin', allseein', UNCARING, WE'LL kill thousands Gov'?

Surely, YOU, should have been transported to one of the famous BushCo internment canps by now, or, "suicided".

edit for keyboard battery? ..........slowdown?

[edit on 13-10-2006 by jofomu]

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
"Charles Pegelow"

Like Jones, he wouldn't know the dif' between, structural and other steel if it fell on him.

His claims are BOGUS.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   
There are more objective, constructive ways to have a discussion.

Btw, this is not a one-liner.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
There are more objective, constructive ways to have a discussion.

Btw, this is not a one-liner.

Are there? Like what? Repeat time and time agin the same old nonesense?

I've been here before, I've read ALL the idiocy, including the, "Moved lightpole" joke.

I'm serious, You're all trying to force a square peg into a round hole. Those that point this out are discounted EVEN WHEN they're EXPERTS it the field in question.

""There are more objective, constructive ways to have a discussion."

Yes:

Try one, you may learn something.

edit for speeeeeeling.

my keyboard is dying, batteries anyone?

[edit on 14-10-2006 by jofomu]

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   
What he is saying is correct because revealing the truth of societal means of control by average citizens and outcasts must be terrorizing to the control system itself. Revealing the means and methods and profits of this ignoble trade must cause the sale of antacids to skyrocket in certain locales.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jofomu
I'm serious, You're all trying to force a square peg into a round hole. Those that point this out are discounted EVEN WHEN they're EXPERTS it the field in question.

LOL you got it wrong, it's the government trying to force a 757 into a missile hole...

What experts? Government affiliated don't count.

What about the 'experts' who question the 'official story'? Do you just dismiss them 'cause what they're saying doesn't fit in your hole?

And why so desperate to have ppl not question? You have a problem with ppl questioning their government? And don't say you're tired of the conspiracies, you know where the off switch is...

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Originally posted by jofomu

LOL you got it wrong, it's the government trying to force a 757 into a missile hole...

What experts? Government affiliated don't count.

What about the 'experts' who question the 'official story'? Do you just dismiss them 'cause what they're saying doesn't fit in your hole?

And why so desperate to have ppl not question? You have a problem with ppl questioning their government? And don't say you're tired of the conspiracies, you know where the off switch is...

Erm, no.

YOU can't face the fact that YOU'RE misguided. ALL you folks do is point point to other sites that back up your PRE-concieved notions

You're all too far up your own asses to accept REAL folks withh INDEPENDENT minds could disagree.

Who are the sheep?

YOU'RE the ones led by the nose.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Can we start again?

That statement is NOT a statemen of FACT. SO WHY, (as others do) repeat it ad infinitum?

You're just trying to convince n00bs to the subject. you're correct. IT IS A LIE

If you disagree please exoplain WHY. Explain how aluminum works... ...BUT FIRST, FIND OUT how wide the aircraft was.

Prove you're not a sheep led by other sites and the words therin.

edit

keyboard dying............need usb feeeeeeeg.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   
O'Reilly has all the qualifications to be a talk show host: opinionated, ego-mania, and showmanship. He knows how to play to the camera and brow-beat people. He used the word "nuts" and "hate America" which is better words to use for ratings than, say, "irrational" (my personal choice).

Originally posted by Umbrax

Here's where my problem comes in. You decry O'Reillys' treatment of Fetzer but none of you have commented on Tazadars' post of the attack on William Kristol by some Alex Jones goons. Why is that? He was called a 'scumbag' and 'murderer' several times. It would be refreshing to see fair play advocated by one side or the other. Now is a good time. Agree with their message but post your dismay at the Brownshirt (or O'Reilly) tactics used by the goons.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Jofomu, Dude why so angry?

Anger is the outward expression of fear, insecurity, and sadness...What are you scared of, the truth? Insecure in your convictions? Sad cause your government is lying to you? You should be.

And again you're stereotyping and you don't even know who I am or how I think.
And you expect me to listen to you and take what you say as gospel?
All I ask is you do some real research, with an open mind.

If you want to know my opinion on 9-11 you will have to go and do some reading of previous and current threads. I'm not going to spend hours explaining to you what really happened on 9-11 in a single post. All I can say is look at the physics, and understand it. In other words do your own research, you don't need a conspiracy site to tell you how physics work in the real world.

And having said that the fact that you put more trust in your government than an independent researcher is pretty scary. That's how despot governments get power.

[edit on 14/10/2006 by ANOK]

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Anger is the outward expression of fear, insecurity, and sadness...What are you scared of, the truth? Insecure in your convictions? Sad cause your government is lying to you? You should be.

If you want to know my opinion on 9-11 you will have to go and do some reading of previous and current threads. I'm not going to spend hours explaining to you what really happened on 9-11 in a single post. All I can say is look at the physics, and understand it. In other words do your own research, you don't need a conspiracy site to tell you how physics work in the real world.

And having said that the fact that you put more trust in your government than an independent researcher is pretty scary. That's how despot governments get power.

Dude who's angry?

Who's fed up of repeated lies?

Who's fed up of being called a sheep?

Who's fed up of being called a shill?

Who's fed up of being equated to BusCo?

Who's fed up of EXPERTISE being called into account?

Who's fed up of ignorant fools questioning FACTS based upon the say so of idiots that have read a website posted by some other idiot?

Who's fed f being accused of being BLACKMAILED? Scared for their famoly? Job?

You guys don't get it do you?

There is NO evidence for ANYTHING you propose. That is ALL. It is SUPPOSITION, and wishful thinking

BUT; a complete encyclopeadia for the opposing view. Which you convieniently IGNORE. WHY?

Should anyone think the opposite of you guys, they're ALL or ANY of the above.

Who are the sheep?

Who are the fascists?

Who are the first to insult?

Who can NEVER go to a board that actually KNOWS about the subject and come away the wiser? Conspiracy believers? No, you accuse them of all of the above list.

Get a grip, get an education, get a life, grow up.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 01:23 AM
link   

And while I'm here. Are you the resident ATS head doctor?
Are you a qualified interweb trickcyclist?

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Wow, just let it out man if it makes you feel better. Even if you do not feel that their have been a lot of lies told us by our government you must admit that they are their own worst enemy. A lot of things have gone on before and since 9-11 that just do not fit the story.
Pick a subject that has to do with 9-11 and tell us why you think the Government story is true.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Jofumu, if you read around the board before posting, you'd know that there's been some pretty good research conducted by some of our board members, not to mention the many professionals that make up the larger truth movement.

originally posted by toolblue
Here's where my problem comes in. You decry O'Reillys' treatment of Fetzer but none of you have commented on Tazadars' post of the attack on William Kristol by some Alex Jones goons. Why is that? He was called a 'scumbag' and 'murderer' several times. It would be refreshing to see fair play advocated by one side or the other. Now is a good time. Agree with their message but post your dismay at the Brownshirt (or O'Reilly) tactics used by the goons.

Nobody commented on that because we're talking about O'Reilly and Fetzer; the Jones/Kristol thing doesn't have anything to do with this. But let me take this moment to let you know I don't approve of teen pregnancy.

Anyway, Valhall put it best; Fetzer's just not equipped to debate with O'Reilly, regardless of what he knows. O'Reilly tears people up on national television for a living, while Fetzer reads and reads and reads and so on. They really should have gotten someone with a keener debate strategy.

[edit on 14-10-2006 by Astygia]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join