It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity = the oldest organized crime ring?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I see catholicism and its different branches nothing more then a "mafia" for a lack of a better word. How can you make people pay the 10% of their income and if you wouldnt comply or if you spoke against them you would be labeled a heretic and either tortured or burned or even worse? They have been using strongarm tacktics to hold on to their position for a very long time, burning our best minds at the stake but I dont think it will last much longer.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Definately msotly all about control.
Make em beleive in hell and keep them scared. Simple as that.
Same with our governments.
Nothing changes.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lecter
make people pay the 10% of their income and if you wouldnt comply or if you spoke against them you would be labeled a heretic and either tortured or burned or even worse?

The RCC doesn't make people pay a tithe. Other christian churches do.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

make people pay the 10% of their income and if you wouldnt comply or if you spoke against them you would be labeled a heretic and either tortured or burned or even worse?

The RCC doesn't make people pay a tithe. Other christian churches do.

No but they get you coming and going. A delivery driver that comes to our institution told us what he had to go through to get a Catholic wedding and it included weekly donations, on top of the $'s for the service. It was a LOT of money, no matter what tax bracket you're in.

Just saying.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I see catholicism and its different branches

Do you mean the different branches of christianity of which Catholism is one?

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Yeap, I was marry in the Catholic church and donations are expected this was back in the 80s and my husband and I had to go through an 8 week seminar just to get a certificate before the wedding or not wedding in the church.

And the seminar was not free.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Was it worth it, Marg?

Whaddja learn?

top topics

join