It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATTENTION PODCASTERS: File Size Upload Limit Expanded

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Beginning today, we've greatly expanded the file size limitations for podcasts.

Now, the file size limit is 24 megabytes... six times larger than the previous limit for members.

Enjoy!

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
YES!!!

I know there will be many, many happy podcasters out there.

And TRUST ME FOLKS, I know many people complain about file size but in the 20-30MB range is a REAL standard in podcasting allowing CD quality recordings that will ENHANCE the listening experience. It gives better "tone" all the way around. Some of the best podcasts out there are that size on a daily basis.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
OH My!

I can see the production sound quality of many if not all podcasts immediately increasing by this decision. I also see others taking advantage of increasing the length of their podcasts too.

So now, the musician/composer can have his/her music sound as clean if not cleaner than many downloads available even from retail outlets.

The general talk show wont be limited to any set number of minutes and feel comfortable to really speak ones mind.

For a production podcast it will really allow for all the 'zingers', 'worrbles', 'sweeps' not to mention now being able to hear now the bubbles coming up off some certain swizzle sticks...

Overall this is a win/win situation for everyone, the creator and the listner.
I applaud this move by the board and encourage everyone to take advantage of it...

Holy Increased Sound Quality Batman!
Johnny

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Thanks Boss.....

That was the only reason WHY the 128K segment versions of the RFT-IRAQ show weren't on ATS. Of course, this means that "Springer" is going to have to get another job to pay for ALL the EXTRA STORAGE SPACE!

Dave

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
At Last!

Now I can make my podcasts six hours long the way God intended...

(Thanks SO!)

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Alright great job

If you need to increase it again then you can tell us again in this thread.
I can see the complaints disappearing

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
WooHOOO....This should open up allot of windows for those members that felt constrained at the old rate.

Now all I have to do is think of something to podcast about...It's like nothing is going on in the world right now....

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Dave Rabbit

Dave, my friend, I have a podcast! how can I bring it to the fore-front?

~Ducky~

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Has anyone ever told you you look like that bloke off Who's Line is it Anyway?? cant stop thinking that when see your photo lol

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
My podcast is one hour long and the lowest I can get it to is 28 megabytes.

How can I get it just 4 megs lower?

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ultraspunk
How can I get it just 4 megs lower?

Either use tighter MP3 compression (lower bit-rate), or split it into two parts, and make the second part a podcast reply.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Bingo....I thought about splitting it up into two parts....Good idea.

The lowest rendering I can do in my audio production software is 64 Kbps which renders it to a 28 meg file.

I will split it up. Thanks for the suggestions.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ultraspunk

just bear in mind that if your podcast contains copyrighted content you must either have the rights to distribute such or limit it to the 30 seconds fair-use limitations.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
YES!!!

I know there will be many, many happy podcasters out there.

And TRUST ME FOLKS, I know many people complain about file size but in the 20-30MB range is a REAL standard in podcasting allowing CD quality recordings that will ENHANCE the listening experience. It gives better "tone" all the way around. Some of the best podcasts out there are that size on a daily basis.

yeah, Marc Maron's WTF podcast is always around ~23 MB and sounds very clean and clear.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Good to know but I think it might be easier to just use YouTube

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I mean if file size is really that much of an issue, the standard for podcasts needs to be revisited. mp3 is poorly outdated, OPUS is far superior offering similar quality for ~40% the space, 90% the quality for about 25% the space... hands down the best way to go right now.

Link

edit on 27-1-2016 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Sound quality from compression is a misnomer. MP3 can carry great quality, but a lot of people just do not know how to record. True that compression slams recordings against the proverbial "WALL", but a lot that don't allow for HEADROOM squash their own recordings themselves before transfer and in the process of transfer.

Sample Rate in your recording software doesn't really mean jack to overall sound quality.
"Louder" is not louder. dB is not "volume". Less is often times more.

Everyone should learn "Gain Staging" if they're going to upload music or record audio.

Dither your sounds before any final mix, and always take the 24 bit rate option, especially with VOICE, if you can.

I don't know what ATS allows or has as a platform so I don't know how "LARGE" sound can get but if it's just MP3 than you can tweak the file at website called LANDR to "Master" your tracks/audio/podcast....

THEN upload it as MP3. It improves sound on a very cursory level, but works for those that don't know how to self master.

Just a personal tip, I don't work for them or anything.

edit on 27-1-2016 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
How does one get a podcast on here? I'm considering making one.

posted on Dec, 21 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Theocracy4America

Record it, then upload it to YouTube or another file hosting site (Most established podcasts use RSS to start a feed for their podcast, but I've heard that's pretty damn complicated). Then start a new thread in this forum, share a link, and invite us to check it out.

Good luck friend!

-MWNN

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 12:54 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join