It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Conservatives Duped by BushCo. By Keith Olberman

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Man.. Keith keeps putting it out:

www.infowars.com...

Part 2:

video.google.com...

I thought about putting this in BTS.. I really think it should go under political conspiracies on ATS but I'll leave it here for now.

Keith speaks for himself and of course I'm sure many of you know how I feel about all this topic.

What is it going to take to get Christians to see the light? Not to pat myself on the back or anything but I knew something fundementally, spiritially wrong with Bush back when he was running for governor of my state.. (I'm ashamed to say it). I can't believe how many religious 'leaders' that are still on board for him. ARGH!.

Oh well.. how many jews were killed by "christians" in the name of 'christiandom'?

en.wikipedia.org...

For God's sake..Jews were burned alive by people waving crosses around!

So I guess I can't be surprised by 'christians' voting in false shephards and prophets. I'm sure 'christians' will be the ones that usher in the antichrist. (If he's not already been 'ushered/voted' in)

[edit on 13-10-2006 by ViewFromTheStars]

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViewFromTheStars

So were so-called "heretics." The cathars were totally obliterated because of "christian" indignant "righteousness." The Jews were not the only victims of the "christian" crusades.

[edit on 13-10-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

So were so-called "heretics." The cathars were totally obliterated because of "christian" indignant "righteousness." The Jews were not the only victims of the "christian" crusades.

[edit on 13-10-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

Agreed. Didn't mean to leave out other victims if you will.

I'm a Christian so keep that in mind when I say this:

'false christians and shepherds', people who say they are 'christians' but are not, are FAR more dangerous than any terrorists/islamofascists.

This is my main point. People running around using the name of Christ for political gain and corporate hedgemony, I'm so weary of this ilk and the supporters of it. (Unwittingly or otherwise)

This verse keeps popping up in my head:

Re 13:7 And it was GIVEN unto him to make war with the SAINTS, and to OVERCOME THEM: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

Well gee willickers.. I wonder why THAT'S going to happen.. Maybe because the saints were not listening to the right shepherds?

I wonder!

Furthermore:

Jer 5:31 The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests bear rule by their means; and my people love to have it so: and what will ye do in the end thereof?

Jer 14:14 Then the LORD said unto me, The prophets prophesy lies in my name: I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spake unto them: they prophesy unto you a false vision and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their heart.

Mt 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Mt 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

Mt 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Lu 6:26 Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.

1jo 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Any one of my favorites:

Jer 50:6 MY PEOPLE hath been LOST SHEEP: THEIR SHEPHERDS have caused them to go ASTRAY, they have turned them away on the mountains: they have gone from mountain to hill, they have forgotten their restingplace.

It goes on and on.

[edit on 13-10-2006 by ViewFromTheStars]

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Who cares????
No one with any intelligence watches this guy anyway!!!

CABLE NEWS RACE
MON. OCT., 9, 2006
VIEWERS

FOXNEWS O'REILLY 2,216,000
FNC SHEP SMITH 1,437,000
FNC HANNITY/COLMES 1,355,000
FNC GRETA 1,057,000
CNN KING 1,026,000
CNN DOBBS 813,000
CNN COOPER 767,000
CNN BLITZER 721,000
CNN ZAHN 697,000
MSNBC OLBERMANN 629,000
MSNBC HARDBALL 552,000

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Evangelicals and RR use the president just as much as he uses them. It has always been a two way street.

these groups want government in your bedroom, in your checkbook, in your church. it is religion through legislation and they will not stop unless you stand up and say enough.

some of the worst crimes in human history are when religion and politics mix intoa single force. From these events come the crusades, the Witch burnings, the Cathar genocide, etc, etc, etc.

People MUST stand up and demand an end to this corrupt relationship.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
hehe. I knew you were going to show up Knowitall.

Oh well.. Knock yourself out.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   

hehe. I knew you were going to show up Knowitall.

Oh well.. Knock yourself out.

I'm happy that I didn't dissapoint! Have a nice day!

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Viewfrom the stars, one of the dangers with Christians being blamed for all of these atrocities is that it causes a bias that turns into hatred towards the religion in general. I for one, am very hostile because when I read through the annuals of history, all I see is atrocities committed in the name of Christianity and Islam.

Now,I can very well tell you what is going to happen. The "war on the saints" that you mentioned in your post, it will be mostly due to the notion that Christianity is a religion so opposed to every other religion that it should not exist. What will be used as proof? Well, think about it. The Crusades. Inquisition. Some "christians'" abhorrence of any belief system that is different than their own.

All of these factors will come to lay in "the war against the saints." You see, naturally, everything is presented in a manner that is very anti-Christian. While I am certainly not orthodox Christian, most would of labeled me a "heretic" during the inquisition,
I am still Christian because I do believe that Christ was the Son of God. However, ulike most "christians" I can understand and appreciate why the "war against the saints" will be fought. I don't condone it, but I certainly understand it.

Any time there are massive lies and manipulations, which there have been within the "church" from 325 A.D to the present, there are going to be those who are going to research what is really going on. When they figure it out, unfortuanately, instead of the real culprits getting the "heave ho," innocent people under the heading get the blame. Hence, the "war aainst the saints" will be a result of people's lack of knowing that there is a difference between a Christian and a "christian."

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
~~

i don't frequent corporate media types....

but, just at the 'same time' (12 October 2006) there was this article that fits very well with the larger-picture your thread is exposing

the title of the article; Deceived and Used, The GOP Leaves Christian America
at the Alter of Corporatism
by Anthony Wade, 12 Oct 2006

Link to a pretty thorough laying out of the facts:
www.opednews.com...

he covers the neocons hornswaggling the christian right every 2 years (election times) with all those promises and teasers that the GOP platform will be faith-based and centered on morality, etc etc etc

compare the general themes, then ask yourself some questions...

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The pastor at the Bible Fellowship I attend recently told our congregation the following parable:

Two elderly women were walking along a road near a stream. The road crossed over the stream at a small, narrow bridge. As the two ladies crossed over the bridge, they noticed a flock of sheep being guided roughly onto the other end of the bridge by what they took to be the flock's shepherd. This shepherd was using his staff to strike the sheep viciously as he cursed and kicked and hounded the flock of sheep onto the bridge. He was so brutal and overbearing to the flock as he forced them onto the bridge that one of the elderly women couldn't help but exclaim to the man as he passed by them, beating and kicking and cursing his flock, "What kind of shepherd do you think you are, treating your sheep in such a manner?"

The man responded, "Who me? Lady, I'm not the shepherd, I'm the butcher!"

Get it?

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
St Udio,

Thanks for the link.. That was a great write up from Anthony Wade.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
"A little leven works its way through and runs the whole batch"

Basically Christians have been so fragmented since Luther, that the only thing they agree on...is Jesus is love, yet they dont practice it.
The only thing they agree on in practice is that which Christ did not agree on...Zionism (again, Zionism and Judaism are not one in the same)

And now they are following a zionist, kingdom on earth attitude...they really are blind to their own faith, no doubt if the truly devoted would think for themself, and not take it for granted that the pastor (no matter how well known) is so much superior than they are...that they to are human, and that they need no priest to mediate between them and God

time for them to wake up and reclaim the power that is theres and find out what is in that good ol'book
Those that are die hards saying every word is from God, needs to read very carefully every word of Jesus, and I promise you, that if there eye is open they will find passages that not only imply, but say something vastly different then what they ever imagined it could say.

They are good hearted people, but like Jesus said, they are sheep, and sheep are following a shepherd, but its not necessarily in line with the Jesus they proclaim to follow.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnowItAll
Who cares????

CABLE NEWS RACE
MON. OCT., 9, 2006
VIEWERS

FOXNEWS O'REILLY 2,216,000

INteresting. Republicans = Christians = Conservative, etc.
However we have seen the scandal in Florida with the republican congressman concerning young boys, and from what I saw on prison planet, this Oreilly was sued for sexual harrasment...and his attitude in interviews with anyone who opposes the view he is to hold, is not open for conversation...its technique not meant for true educational dialouge...quite hillarious.

Anyway, point is Christians need to check up and watch fruits.
And remember its not about kingdom on earth (thats what did Jesus in...that he didnt want a kingdom on earth.) Its not about nationalism, etc. we are all "human" and need to drop labels...that is if we ever truly want peace.

But it all is as it is...

Peace

Dalen

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Well duh! The only ones in this country fooled by the Republican holier than God himself stance were the religious right to begin with. I am sure the far more pragmatic fiscal conservatives weren't fooled for a minute by it.... they were fooled about how he planned to reign in government.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Well duh! The only ones in this country fooled by the Republican holier than God himself stance were the religious right to begin with. I am sure the far more pragmatic fiscal conservatives weren't fooled for a minute by it.... they were fooled about how he planned to reign in government.

The thing is, which people now realize, is the religious right have the power...the people in position.
But I will say the people at the top are not be the righteous people that the follower deem them to be. People are really gullible, and this is NOT a bad reflection on them...they just have to want to wake up and be curious. But to defend and say "Im not gullible" will keep you down...its good to grow, nothing wrong with noticing you dont know something.

MOst religious right would do well to really study their Bible and test the fruit...ask the hard questions, even if it means ditching their religion in the end. If they firmly believe in their belief then going in it with this kind of openenss should not be a threat...and if they do ditch it, then thats not a bad as they have come to another phase in their life, if that indeed were to happen. (point is nothing to be afraid of.)

After "seeking with all their heart" they WILL "find". Jesus never restricted where someone could look. ONly humans set limits on themselves by conditioning of their belief system.

So the people at the top, dont believe in God no more than an atheist...its the best place to be to sieze and take control. Christianity was never about Zionism which is about kingdom on earth.
To prove point look at why Jesus died, he didnt establish his kingdom on earth against the romans. So Zionism (not judaism or christianity, though the top of both are in the former for the most part, including islam...that is scam in the middle east itself. Betcha the Iranian dude, and most the world leaders are zionist.)

Thats the thing is people cant imagine pretending to be one thing yet doing another.
Thats what Sabbatai Zevi and Nathan of Gaza was all about, and later Jacob Frank.
Lets be Christians, Muslims, etc. on the outside while not really believing in it.

Dude this can go on.

Point is, if you want the truth, its there for you.

Most of all...peace is yours no matter what the world governments do, all the above is just info...any fighting and bickering just adds to dualism anyway.

So enjoy the post

Peace

Dalen

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnowItAll

Excellent info KnowItAll.

Olberman is 10th out of 11 shows in that time slot. He's as close to being cancelled as you can get. His show is pathetic. His signature closing (crumpled paper thrown at the screen) is beyond LAME.

Gee ... wonder why all of a sudden he's turned radical left and spouting? Does he actually believe it? Or is it a ploy for ratings and to sell his NEW BOOK?

He may believe it ... but considering that we haven't heard squat out of the guy until his show is bombing and his book is out ... I believe he's just spewing to save his butt from being cancelled and to sell his book.

That being said .. I do not believe that George Bush is a Christian conservative but he was more Christian than Kerry. So of the two major choices running in 2004, Christians went with Bush who was less evil than Kerry.

So Christians weren't really duped. I think they took the little bit they could in Bush since Kerry offered nothing in the way of anything even remotely resembling religious conviction.

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Can you two please stop hijacking the thread to discuss Olbermann and his ratings? Please discuss the topic. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Can you two please stop hijacking the thread to discuss Olbermann and his ratings? Please discuss the topic.

I did. I said I didn't believe Bush was really a conservative Christian. I also said I don't think conservative Christians believe Bush is really a 'born again' at all and that they went with him because he was the lesser of evils available at the time.

Guess you missed that part, eh?

And the source of any story is definately not only open to discussion but NECESSARY in discussion - it goes to motive and credibility of the story itself. Ratings and book selling is a motive and brings into question the storys credibility.

Not only discussing Olbermans statement but WHY he made the statement is part of the DENY IGNORANCE thing that supposedly is the purpose of this site.

But hey, if you don't agree with full disclosure of the Olberman situation and want to call it 'hijacking' .. have at it.

Obviously this subject isn't open for full discussion and full disclosure.
I'm done with this thread.

[edit on 10/15/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Ok Flyers,

So voting the 'lesser of the evils' is ok? I guess a thread must be doing pretty good when you and knowitall show up..

You guys are a source of great amusement with your ad-hominum attacks and your childesh fixation on book sale numbers but it still doesn't detract from the ACTUAL MESSAGE that Olberman has.

Unfortunately to us who want to focus on the topic and the actual message that Keith has, the needle is NOT going to rip off the SKIPPING record.

It's all good because in the end only the truth is going to matter.

[edit on 19-10-2006 by ViewFromTheStars]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Yeah, who really cares what this guy says. No one watches him and his entire network is about to pulled off the air to help General Electric's bottomline.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join