It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For all Evolutionists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Which would you choose:

1) God created God...
2) God created Creationism..
3) God created Evolution...
4) Creationism created God...
5) Creationism created Creationism...
6) Creationism created Evolution...
7) Evolution created God...
8) Evolution created Creationism...
9) Evolution created Evolution...

Your answer can be more complex by using the three member set (God, Creationism, and Evolution) in an extended series of three or more; for example, God created God who created God who created Creationism...

As an undeniable believer in God, I believe God created God who created God who created God who created God, ad infinitum.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 02:42 AM
link   
UM, If God created God who created God etc... it goes on for infinity, so there was no beginning and nothing ever happened because there was no starting point, silly."Nothing" has never existed, even the space between planets is made up of something. If at one time there was nothing then it would still be "nothing", and the universe would not be here because nothing would ever happen in "nothing". Something cannot come from "nothing". Also, do not expect to see God. The universe was created and runs on its own. Liken it to a videogame. The videogame has an engine in which all the physics is stored e.g players can't run through walls etc just like in the real world. The real world equivalent would be all the laws of physics etc. It would be silly for God to create a universe that required his constant interference to function, he would have to birth all babies, create all the stars, manage every atom etc.LOL. You start your game and you can play, you don't need the game developer to be in your tv set right? So why do you think the universe needs God to hold the planets up?. If you could ask the video game characters, some would probably say they are atheists(they have never seen the developer) and you would be like "thats silly the game couldn't make itself". So...I believe in the creator if I am right whoopee(I 100%sure I'm rightbtw) If I am wrong no big deal. If aetheist is right-no big deal. If atheist is wrong.......might be bad. Meh, i choose number 3.

[edit on 13-10-2006 by Elijio]

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 02:53 AM
link   
9. Evolution created evolution

..Is my answer..

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Elijio, interesting comment. I, however, believe that it is a law of the Universe that God does manage every atom of the Universe constantly. This is necessary for God to be Omniscient, Omnipotent, and Omnipresent. If he "gave up" even the slightest amount of His Divine capabilities, He would be subject to a possible competitor who might try to end His Life. I do, however, feel this is impossible (one of the few impossibilities in the Universe) since I believe that it is Divine Law that God has always existed, will always exist, and is always Omniscient, Omnipotent, and Omnipresent. If God did not manage every atom, this Divine Law would be contradicted.

What is set in motion, like a video game, is still managed by the Ultimate Power God. How this is exactly done, at the Divine level, remains a mystery. Science can describe science well, but I believe the Holy Spirit can describe science better.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
My answer would have to Evolution created God.

As evolution took place, sentience took place, because this early
sentient life did not have the knowledge of science and the natural
world, they created the idea that various gods caused things, and
as time wnt on more and more was understood, until you get to
the point now, where religion has become vestigial, and the only
reason we keep it is because we're scared of ceasing to exist more
than anything.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
As an undeniable believer in God, I believe God created God who created God who created God who created God, ad infinitum.

You beleive in god, and thats a matter of faith. But what does the physical evidence support via objective and logical analysis? Clearly not god, that'd be a demeaning of god if he was classifiable or even detectable by logic or human rational thought. Only evolution has evidence that supports it.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
iori_komei, evolution is a process that if it existed, does not require a Being. A System, which is greater than a process, requires a being and that Being would be Ultimate in Power. A process cannot create a System (God), only a System (God) can create a process, in this case evolution, a process in need of more study.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Nygdan, I do not think it is ever demeaning to think of God in the Most Exemplary terms, even here on earth. It is demeaning to think of God in non-loving terms or not to think of Him at all. We can sin in what we do, and in what we do not do.

The fact through human history is that some take a Spiritual look on life and other a more scientific approach, just as some look each on how they can love more each day, while others write physics on a big bang theory. Our thought patterns differ; God enters my mind repeatedly each day, while for others it may be the word hydrogen.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Why seperate the two? Science deals with how things physically work and operate. God deals with the spritual.

Science is like the mechanics of maintaining and fixing a car, god is like cruising around with the top down and knowing that things are damned good. (er, and don't drink and drive, if anyone is looking for a connection there)

Also, I think what Iori means is that god doesn't exist, evolution created man, and man's mind created the idea of god, but not that it actually created god.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Nygdan, if you do not mind my asking, where do you fall in the 9 categories in my original post. For me, it would have been unanswerable, until I started believing in God. When God started speaking directly to my brain 11 years ago, I realized that there is only one truth: God's Truth. I believe I will fall into category 1) for Eternity.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I don't think that the categories are accurate or precise enough to really be able to say where someone falls into them. I don't think that one can take the account in genesis literally, I also don't think that there is any scientific evidence that disproves the existence of any god. I do think that the case for the theory of evolution is an exceedingly good one, and I do think that its a fact that organisms change over time.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I still side for God created God who created God... Any more replies? I ask for replies for wisdom and knowledge, not for "points".

God Bless!!!

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
GT,

I would say 3)God created Evolution

I don't think that God said "let there be evolution" no. I do think there was a consciousness that came up with ideas like our realm of polarity. So God made up the laws and manifests "himself" (ARGH I hate calling God a him) and experiences reality as living beings (like us).

If all living beings are God, then God still gets to play God. I.E. ancient humans would equal "the ants." They worship flying dics in the sky as God. In this case we have a manifested form of God worshiping another manifestation of "himself" (ARGH theres that word again). The ancient man cannot comprehend the UFO because the two are on a different level of consciousness.... so ancient man's mind invents God.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
I don't think that the categories are accurate or precise enough to really be able to say where someone falls into them.

That's right.
Personally I believe Intelligent Design (not to be confused with God) created Evolution through chaos theory. (not to be confused with the so called "chaos theory" talked about in The Jurrasic park book or movie)

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 03:13 AM
link   
How about this? We create a god, a super A.I. or genetically modified being with amazing powers which goes on to conquer the universe and defeat God.

If God did not exist, it does now, we made it.... muhahahaaa!!!

Maybe that's why God made us in his image but decide not to give us any of his power, maybe God is afraid we might become more powerful heheeee...

God might not be so omnipowerful than we think, if God fears that a creation could become more powerful than him/her self. If God controls every aspect, then he/she has nothing to fear, it is beyond the laws of anything that exist or that will exist.

Maybe reality matters more than you think because only in a virtual world can one become all powerful......

Back to the question, I think Evolution created God.

top topics

join