It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greatest games ever!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Phew..This question is always a difficult one.

I'll give it a try..

Shinobi 2 (Gamegear)

Cartridge

Achieving new Skills through defeat of Bosses really impressed me at that age. (Man I must have been like 13 or something XD)

Gunstar Heroes (Genesis/Megadrive)

Cover
Game

Impressive 2 Player Coop-Action. We had helluva fun..

Eternal Champions (Genesis/Megadrive)

Cover
Game

I was way too young for this gory piece of art ^^ Those Level-Fatalities were plain awesome for that time. I LOVED IT!!

Ultima Online - The Best MMORPG Ever. (PC)

Yohoho!

I've had such a wonderful time with this Online-Game. The atmosphere and general Gameplay was awesome.

I loved playing My GM-Fisherman/Mage/Provocation template. I would never play any other type of character. It's so sad that UO2 got cancelled.

And in my opinion the Newer MMORPGs will never reach the Quality of an Ultima Online.

Last but not least: Nethack.

Hack!

This one is even older than myself. And it is indeed a supreme Creation.
It seems true that if you played this game all other Games become somewhat dull.
You could also look at it as an oldschool Offline-UltimaOnline.

The worst thing about those Best Game Threads is that you always forget to mention some titles. But i assume most of my wonderful memories have been recapitulated.
It's a pitty that the new games are far away from old quality standards.

And not to be forgotten: Syndicate, Theme Park, Tekken 3, Gran Turismo, Street-Fighter Series, Jagged Alliance 2, Mortal Kombat 2, King of Fighters '95, Metal Slug, International Superstarsoccer 64, Streets of Rage 1-3, Final Fantasy 7... etc.

[edit on 18-10-2006 by osram]

[edit on 18-10-2006 by osram]

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Yeah that's the thing about these, you can always forget something, but then you can just come back and mentino it as well.

Anyway, I would also have to add Goldeneye for Nintendo 64 to this list. That game just rocks, no matter how much technology changes, that is still always going to be the best FPS out there.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Best ever would be "The Incredible Machine"

Next in line for longest gameplay and most gripping experience would be FF1 trough 8 (I hated 9)

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I know this one is a little of but I thouroughly enjoyed the original Myst game when it came out. Those aren't for everybody, but that game really had it all for me back then. I don't think I have the patience for those games now though.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Actually just remembered one, prompted by the latest edition of my favourite game mag. The orginal Monkey Island adventure. Loved every second of that game, and still the only adventure I've played from start to finish multiple times.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
one game that ruled when it made its debut on the nes was ShadowGate.

i loved the puzzles in this game and it was something different to play in the 8 bit era. i felt cool when i beat shadowgate! not as cool as when i lost my virginity, not even close, but it was fulfilling to beat such a puzzling game.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Another one I remembered. It may not be the greatest game ever, but I sure loved it. The first Battletoads game. I thought that game was so awesome. It still is pretty freaking cool.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
How about Worms World Party? And Lemmings?

The original Adventure text game was what get me interested in adventure gaming, both computer and role-playing.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I could go with Worms. I liked Worms Armaggedon.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Best console games ever:

The original Zelda for the NES: Never before was thier a game with free roaming envoirments on such a massive scale.

The original Metroid for the NES: The best free roaming side scoller of its time.

Supe Mario bros for the NES: For the first time Mario got his own world.

The original Castlevania for the NES: Very challenging, and awsome soundtrack this game was just plain fun.

Super Mario bros 3: This game pushed the NES to its max grafix wise and took Mario to a whole nother lever.

Zelda a link to the past for the SNES: Nintendo took everthing from the original and made it grander on a scale of 10 fold. The first game to ever have weather which blew me away at the time.

Super Metroid For the SNES: One of the most atmosfearic games ever made This game was perfect.

Yoshi's Island for the SNES: Very artistic and abstract world, also very fun.

Mario 64: Mario goes 3d what else is there to say.

Zelda WW: for the Cube. Awsome story and grafix.

Metroid Prime 1: Samus goes 3d great game.

Metroid Prime 2: As much fun as prime if not better.

Resident Evil 4: I have'nt had this much fun since Zelda ALTTP. One of the best action games ever made.

Halo: Brought first person shooters to the masses. Great story and alot of fun

Ninja Gaiden: Great Story, great grafix and awsome fighting engine.

KOTAR: The realtime combat engine brought this game to life with a great story

I've owned just about every system ever made except colicovision. Thiers many more that I like but these are my top picks.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Lysergic and Wantsome, you got a lot of my favorites on there...good calls

Here's a few I haven't noticed others mention:

Out of This World for the Sega Genesis; a truly unique game

River City Ransom for the NES...8 bit violence galore plus shopping at the mall

Heavy Barrel and Contra (arcade) were some of the best Co-op standups around

Dating myself heavily here, but Phoenix at the arcade was the greatest too

Crazy Taxi on the DC will always make my best game lists

Discs of Tron (arcade), one of my all time favorites

Shadowrun on the Genesis, classic

Call me crazy, but I thought Silent Storm was one of the best until I got to the mech stages...I'll give it an honorable mention anyway

Looping on the Colecovision deserves a mention too, I had a lot of fun with that game

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join