It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your lifestyle like? I'm really interested!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I'm a middle aged bohemian type with definite hippie/beatnik tendencies. I have never had a career/job as such but made my living as a designer/craftsman and musician. I have been married 3 times, good liberal arts education [anthro] and view my life as a work in progress but with very little ambition or even thought of the future. Pretty much "one day at a time."

I love people and care about their welfare. Tell me how you feel about your life.

If you need to use this thread as self exploration, catharsis or therapy; feel free, were all friends here.

Thanks
Whaaa

[edit on 11-10-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Our Lives (My wife of 26 years and I) have pretty much been as our teacher warned they would be when we started on our path.
" You will walk where Angels fear to tread." and " Aint nobody said it would be easy."

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Thanks Swolf, for bothering to respond!

A few more details would be nice.

Who is your teacher?

Influences?

Do you have kids?

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Here is a little bit about me.
I'm in my early 40's - married with wonderful kids.
When I was 4, I drowned. My Father pulled me out of the frozen water and revived me on the beach. A lifelong military man, he told me that I was "dead" - cold and blue, not breathing, no heartbeat. I don't remember any of it - sorry guys, no warm light at the end of the tunnel or anything......
Halfway through my senior year in High School my parents house burned down. We lost everything. My family went to stay at my grandparents house, but I was "too cool". I ended up spending the rest of the school year living in my car. (Long story as to why I didn't go to my parents for help.) It was pretty cool actually. The church donated so many clothes, that it was a non issue. I would get to school early, run around the track, and shower in the Gym. My biggest regret is that there are no pictures of me before the age of 18. I would love to get my hands on a copy of my yearbook.
After graduation, I met a woman and fell madly in love with her. She was taken from me by a drunk driver just 4-1/2 weeks before we were to be married. It's been 2 decades now, yet I'm still not over that.
I was lead singer in a band for quite awhile. I play guitar, but I'm not very good at it. I've won awards for track and field, graphic design, and my Bakery won a "Best of Philly" award. (Using my own recipes!)
Overall my life is great. I have no complaints, and I NEVER EVER sweat the small stuff. I, as well as my family have great health (Thank God).
Now if only the Eagles could win the Super Bowl..........

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Thanks lombozo!!

Little slices of life like your childhood experience are fascinating to me.

I was once beaten senseless by my father.

Maybe this is why I hate "authority figures."

Thanks
Whaaa

top topics

join