It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Train Crash However Not All As Seems

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 06:45 AM
link   
This is Breaking news with a strong conspiracy feel to it. Two Trains have collided in North East France in Zoufftgenand there are fears of many Deaths. However this was warned about reported by a Turkish Newspaper!

today.reuters.com
PARIS (Reuters) - A passenger train collided with a goods train in north-eastern France on Wednesday, a rail official said.

French state television said an unknown number of people died in the crash and at least 20 people were injured.

The rail official said the passenger train came from neighbouring Luxembourg and hit a goods train at Zoufftgen, in the French department of Moselle.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This may seem tragic enough, especially after the recent crashes in neighbouring Germany, However Yesterday in the Turkish Daily News and I quote:

"We all thought the train accident would happen in late autumn in Brussels. However, things have changed. You need to get ready for it. The real accident will take place in Paris. Unfortunately, our relations with French politicians, which we see deteriorating by the minute, will not be repaired any time soon. It will be sad, but there's no way to stop it."

Turkish Daily News

Well this didn’t happen in Paris though the timing, country and source is all a little bit close to the facts that are emerging on this breaking news story.

There is little else being reported yet on this incident however I suspect something is definitely not right about this tragedy. CNN is now reporting at least 10 dead

Related News Links:
www.cnn.com
www.iht.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 11-10-2006 by MischeviousElf for links and spelling]

[edit on 11-10-2006 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   
This certainly seems to be a bizarre story, no mention of the Turkish article on the BBC News website, they are reporting the death toll as at least five at this time:

At least five people have been killed in a head-on train collision in north-eastern France, while others are still trapped in the wreckage.
A passenger train collided with a goods train in Zoufftgen, near the Luxembourg border, at about 1145 (0945 GMT).

It was initially reported that as many as 12 people may have died, but the French transport minister said later that five were confirmed dead.

A senior regional official described the scene as "an apocalyptic vision".

Source.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Implosion I agree very bizarre but no input from a conspiracy site with much evidense for something not being up? bit suprised however the situation on the crash at the moment is as follows:

Rescue work is continuing at the scene of a head-on collision between two trains in France that left at least five people dead.

BBC

Well guys logging on today was surprised that no one has taken this up. We have a islamic countries most prominent journalist, warning openly in the press about an accident that comes to pass nearly exactly as warned!

So I had a closer look at this and found some suprising things. Firstly the reporter who made the statement about a crash of trains on Wednesday in France at 12pm is Mehmet Ali Birand. He is turkeys most famous and well respected journalist though closely tied with the Armenian and Kurdish issue their. And guess what today the day afetr the crash and the predicted one, france and turkey are having a Diplomatic scuffle over Genocidal acts in the past, and turkeys desire to join the EU!! so the plot thickens. In addition a strange train accident has happened in germany again today!.

So lets look at this in order of interest!

Firtsly the reporter who made the claim of the crash the day before from turkey Mehmet Ali Birand. Well the most successfull journalist in Turkey for over 25 years, runs consultancy business too, does lectures around the world at some institutes, so the source is undeniable and verified:

Mehmet Ali Birand was born in 1941 and started his career in 1964 in one of Turkey's leading newspapers, Milliyet. In 1972 he became the newspaper's European Editor, followed by Moscow Bureau Chief in 1984. In 1985, he started producing and narrating the news program "32nd Day". A news program about national and international issues, the programe has been airing for the last 20 years.

He also has been an anchor and editor on the CNN station in Turkey in the past.

Source

Now today:

"Deception, sadness, tragedy." The united Turkish sentiment as France voted on the Armenia genocide bill. Protestors have gathered outside the French Embassy in Ankara to show their outrage. Some feel the law is being pushed through by French politicians who are against Turkey entering the European Union. French President Jacques Chirac has said Turkey should recognise the genocide before its membership is approved.

and the journalist is involved closely with this issue too so IMHO the plot thickens the above is an ongoing and developing story

Regards

Elf

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Strange, but why trains? Surely they could've done a little more to ensure a higher death toll no?

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I'm sorry if this question appears to be a little stupid, but are we totally clear that Mehmet Ali Birand is talking about a actual train wreck, and not just speaking metaphorically?

Let there be a train crash if that's how it's going to go
Tuesday, September 26, 2006

If we are going to start a new fight every week and continuously cut each other’s throats in the name of opposing Europe, if the European Parliament is going to continue with its current attitude, if some EU countries in the hope of resolving domestic problems persist with ridiculous moves even at the risk of driving Turkey away from Europe, then let it jump from the frying pan into the fire.

MEHMET ALİ Birand

I've been bothered by the same disturbance for a long time. I eventually exploded after Murat Yetkin wrote about it last week. Indeed, we are approaching an unbearably difficult point. Something inside me wants to say “If we really have no intention of pursuing this any longer and if we have vowed to turn life into hell for each other, then let's just give it up. Let there be a train wreck if that's what needs to happen.”

Source.

It seems to be an oft used metaphor, however, saying that, the intent in the original quoted article does look clear to me. I'm just asking the question.

Turkey: An Economic Train Wreck?
By Lance Winslow

Report this article if you suspect it is not original content, is in violation of our Editorial Guidelines or our Author's Terms of Service.

Is Turkey becoming an economic Turkey and problematic issue for the European Union? Some have called Turkey; an economic train wreck. At least one person has been writing some hard-hitting articles, which have appeared in the Economist, Foreign Affairs, The Financial Times and World Financial News. What can Turkey do to prevent further decline from an obvious bird flu type virus?

Source.

Will the E.U. ever accept a Muslim country?
The pope’s speech denouncing Islam was “no accident,” said Sahin Alpay in Istanbul’s Zaman. After Pope Benedict XVI a few weeks ago quoted a Byzantine emperor who called the Prophet Mohammed’s teachings “evil and inhumane,” he was widely portrayed as a bumbling academic who didn’t realize his words would spark Muslim anger. Unfortunately, he is “not so stupid.” Years before his election as pope, then–Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger called Islam a growing threat to Europe’s “Christian identity.” He was speaking out against admitting Turkey, a majority-Muslim but officially secular nation, into the European Union. The pope no doubt planned his latest provocation, knowing that when Muslims reacted with fury, Christians in the E.U. would see them as fundamentalist crazies who don’t belong in Europe.

The pope isn’t the only one trying to keep Turkey out, said Ibrahim Karagul in Istanbul’s Yeni Safak. European media have gleefully joined the campaign to demonize Islam. The Danish cartoons mocking the Prophet Mohammed were part of that trend, and so is the controversy about head scarves on Muslim girls in French and German schools. Even European officials are complicit. They “represent Muslims as being hostile to all foreign societies.” In reality, it was the West that invented “and marketed” the concepts of the “clash of civilizations” and the “war on Islamic terrorism.” Some E.U. bureaucrats have even described the approach of Turkey to the E.U. as a “train wreck waiting to happen.” If that’s true, it’s not our fault.

Source.

[emphasis mine]

Again, are we certain that he is not just using the term "train wreck" as a metaphor?

[edit on 12/10/06 by Implosion]

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Implosion,

The metaphor anaology is how I first read it, and yes it has been used before for the whole Turkish and French issue, but then as you rightly said the date timing (within 15 minutes) etc just make it seem not soo. Also if we take the original comment he made on this it is definately meaning an actual physical event not a political crash, as he mentioned

[Ex]
Turkish and French trains will crash into each other around noon on Wednesday in Paris. It will be a huge accident and there will be blood everywhere. It will take many years to heal the wounds.
France changed the course of the train and diverted it to Paris. We can even tell you the time and the place of the accident: Thursday Oct. 12, around 11:00 a.m.
[/Ex]

Turkish Daily News

Now its not all perfect, though as one of the muslims leading reporters, strongly linked with current islamic aagainst western policies, he did print that the day before in the turkish press. I may be pressing credibility here but the codes for operational goes were incorporated into britsh newspapers during the war.

In addition its a bit of a tease, almost like hes clothing the knowledge in deniable plausibility!

Or more probably ive found something were nothing exists, but my instinct tells me there is something fishy about the coincidences, though the official investigation seems to show no terror involved to date.

Kind Regards

Elf

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Where do you get this from?

Now its not all perfect, though as one of the muslims leading reporters, strongly linked with current islamic aagainst western policies, he did print that the day before in the turkish press.

If I disagree with the US's or UK's policies does that mean I am "strongly linked with current islamic aagainst western policies"?

I'm not sure if you know about relations between France and Turke, but they have been becoming very sour lately.

As other people said, this is just a metaphor, the world doesn't need any more Beautiful Minds...

If you really think these metaphors have such meaning, then you will be fishing them out with every news story you read.

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I started off playing devils advocate, however, the more I look at this, the more I feel it is just an unhappy coincidence. Rather an unfortunate choice of words on behalf of Mehmet Ali Birand, and not much more.

I can't believe a great country like France can risk mutual interests in such a careless way, ignoring the accident's consequences.

Either the France we used to know no longer exists, to be replaced by a country without vision or strength, or we were taught about the wrong country.

As history records what is happening, they will record the attitude of the French parliament in dark bold letters.

Source.

Certainly it appears that the "train wreck" he is talking about, is a political one. The fact that his prediction has eerily coincided with a real train wreck, is now, in my opinion, just one of those damn freaky coincidences.

SNCF told reporters its train had received a green signal to switch onto the first track, as the second one was closed for maintenance work.

A spokesman said: "For reasons that are not clear, these two trains came together head-to-head."

More than 100 rescue workers were sent to the crash site to set up a mobile hospital and treat victims, a local fire chief, Samuel Gesret, earlier told French television.

Source.

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf

france and turkey are having a Diplomatic scuffle over Genocidal acts in the past

Yes, they have. And now Turkey claims that Armenian soldiers fired into its territory two days ago.

ABC News Online: Turkey accuses Armenia of firing into territory

October 14, 2006

Turkey's military says Armenian soldiers fired into its territory two days ago, amid an escalation in tensions after France's passage of a law making it a crime to deny Armenians suffered genocide by Ottoman Turks.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

join