It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regarding women, Error in the Prophets noted by Christ

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 05:58 AM
link   
This was supposed to go under the Bible Gender thread but i made a new thread by accident. I was arguing the point that the Lord God created man and woman equal and thought Id throw some quotes from Jesus that are refreshing into the mix.

Before you go quoting the Bible that is so error free, you might listen to the words of Christ in this matter: and I quote....

AND the Lord said, If thy brother hath sinned in word seven times a day, and seven times a day hath made amendment, receive him. Simon said to him, Seven times a day ?
8. The Lord answered and said to him, I tell thee also unto seventy times seven, for even in the Prophets, after they were anointed by the Spirits utterance of sin was found.....

Sinned in word. Means errored.

Regardign equality of men....

There are two classes of the sons of men; they who would build the human race upon the sure foundation stones of justice, truth, equality and right, 22 And they who would destroy the holy temple where the Spirit dwells and bring their fellows down to beggary and crime.

What is equality again? Were the sons of men only building rights for men?

In this passage, Jesus is refered to as Issa. I think that its important to here what he has to say about the importance of woman. Read below and here the voice of Jesus.

Whosoever respecteth not his mother, the most sacred being after his God, is unworthy of the name of son.

Respect woman, for she is the mother of the universe, and all the truth of divine creation lies in her.

"She is the basis of all that is good and beautiful, as she is also the germ of life and death. On her depends the whole existence of man, for she is his natural and moral support.

She gives birth to you in the midst of suffering. By the sweat of her brow she rears you, and until her death you cause her the gravest anxieties. Bless her and worship her, for she is your one friend, your one support on earth.

Respect her, uphold her. In acting thus you will win her love and her heart. You will find favor in the sight of God and many sins shall be forgiven you.

In the same way, love your wives and respect them; for they will be mothers tomorrow, and each later on the ancestress of a race.

Be lenient towards woman. Her love ennobles man, softens his hardened heart, tames the brute in him, and makes of him a lamb.

The wife and the mother are the inappreciable treasures given unto you by God. They are the fairest ornaments of existence, and of them shall be born all the inhabitants of the world.

Even as the God of armies separated of old the light from the darkness and the land from the waters, woman possesses the divine faculty of separating in a man good intentions from evil thoughts.

Wherefore I say unto you, after God your best thoughts should belong to the women and the wives, woman being for you the temple wherein you will obtain the most easily perfect happiness.

Imbue yourselves in this temple with moral strength. Here you will forget your sorrows and your failures, and you will recover the lost energy necessary to enable you to help your neighbor.

"Do not expose her to humiliation. In acting thus you would humiliate yourselves and lose the sentiment of love, without which nothing exists here below.

\"Protect your wife, in order that she may protect you and all your family. All that you do for your wife, your mother, for a widow or another woman in distress, you will have done unto your God."

Nothing in here says anything about woman glorifying man. The Virgin Birth claimed by christianity if anything, shows that perhaps God could be a woman.
Try giving birth to a child without a womb. After all, virgin birth right? No man involved. Hmmm..God and woman and no man.

Women in the day of Moses were considered to be less then. In fact today, we now KNOW woman to be equal in terms of birth. Are boy babys any more enabled then women? Actaully, isnt it proven at younger ages girls are more itelligent?...Oh thats right..boys are stronger.

Woman and Man are mankind. Kind meaning we are men of man, hence woman and man. Religion has taken love and introduced bias.

I believe in One God, who created man and woman as equally loved, regardless of who was made first. The argument that woman was made to gloryfy man just sounds flat out sexist to me.

Peace

[edit on 11-10-2006 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   
It does sound that way.....

unless you think of the idea of the Angel Peniel being a beautiful female angel (for Peniel means 'face of God')....

and perhaps becoming the 'interface' between somewhat handsome mankind and far-too-wonderful-to-look-at God...

I don't know, just thinking...

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Howdy HiFi,

I've always found solace in the fact that the first evangelist preacher, given the mandate to spread the word that the Son of God had arrived, was chosen by Christ himself and was a woman who had been married five times (if I remember correctly) and was shacking up with a dude (the woman at the well).

Apparently even having "life issues" doesn't relegate a woman down in the eyes of Christ. This point is a good point in which to look at the Pauline principles and take heed of how dangerous it could be doctrinally to place the words of Paul superior to those of Christ.

[edit on 10-11-2006 by Valhall]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
i somewhat do believe in the divinity of a woman.

If you make a woman your best friend the outcomes of your decisions in life would differ from those of a male friend. There is a non-comprahandable connection a balance that exists between man and woman. which we do not understand.

you said men are stronger... true.... physically we can lift, push better but when it comes to enduring pain we males lose.

Males when sick or in pain... we act like little wusses infront of a woman and you know thats true. why do you think God made a woman be the carrier of life?

Beacuse they can endure pain better than we males can.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Regardign equality of men....

I am confused what passage are you reffering to ? Can you state what Chapter and verse in the Bible where this "Issa" is mentioned?

Issa only appears in the Koran and never in the Bible. Issa and Jesus are not the same in the Koran since Jesus' divinity as Son of God is refuted...Issa is only a prophet. Therefore Issa does not exist in the Bible at all either in name or by Character attributes!

As far as equality of the sexes is concerned I am for it. However I am not for disinformation. Thanks.

[edit on 11-10-2006 by Jinnez]

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
IN truth, however - what sense does the idea of the sexes being 'equal' have (in the sense of the word such as 'one for me, one for you, one for me, one for you, etc..')

I think there are two kinds of us because we are not equal but together we are balanced and THAT is the source and manifestation of TRUE equality.......somehow.

Does anyone know what I'm saying?

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I browsed the Link you posted.

IN thinking on the Equality of women...lets look at it from the perspective of a child. The messages of life and happiness are simple, and not intended to be complicated.

Christs words flow. They are not hard to understand. They are not riddled with complicated thought and are too the point.

So, in thinking about equality, lets look at it from the eyes of a child, both boy and girl. Try and tell them that one is more loved then the other and you will make them cry.

When you are older and you tell the same man and woman that they one is loved more then the other, they will battle.

Try and Tell two men or women that one is more cherished then the other in the eyes of God, and you will have war.

Brothers and Sisters...equality is equality.

For the Lord Spoke: "When you address yourselves to him, become again as children; for you know neither the past, the present, nor the future, and God is the Master of all time."

And he spoke again: " Jesus however said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them; for it is to those who are childlike that the Kingdom of the Heavens belongs "

And the Lord Spoke again...." There are two classes of the sons of men; they who would build the human race upon the sure foundation stones of justice, truth, equality and right, 22 And they who would destroy the holy temple where the Spirit dwells and bring their fellows down to beggary and crime....( EQUALITY AND RIGHT, JUSTICE AND TRUTH )

And in the Lords Prayer..." On Earth as it is in Heaven "

Does anyone really reading this think that heaven will have inequality?
I should say not...

On earth as it is in heaven...Why not try to make earth like Heaven until the Lord and the Father make their appearance.

Open your hearts

Peace

[edit on 24-12-2006 by HIFIGUY]

[edit on 24-12-2006 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Y'know, I'm familiar with a lot of religious writings, and the above material was never in the bible or any of the writings of the Gnostics -- or in the Dead Sea material.

So, I googled it.

The material is from "The Aquarian Age Gospel", which was "channeled" from "The Akashic Records" by Levi H. Dowling. Dowling was born in 1840, and this material was written in 1905-1908.

So, the reader might well be a little taken aback by the fairly modern imagery (very out of pace with what they would have known then (no harpsichords)). If you match it with the Bible there are a number of disturbing inaccuracies (as others said, "Issa" is not the name that's in the Bible or other gospels.)

It is, however, a well-liked book because it softens the image of Jesus/Yahweh presented in those times and offers a message of a greater degree of equality than was presented in the Bible.

It never achieved any standing with scholars or people who study the Bible because of its inaccuracies. But it was well liked by a lot of folks.

posted on Dec, 24 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
The material is from "The Aquarian Age Gospel", which was "channeled" from "The Akashic Records" by Levi H. Dowling. Dowling was born in 1840, and this material was written in 1905-1908.

Are you sure?

You have in the past accused others as being channellers, who were not.

Remember, that viewing the Akashic Records is not the same thing as channelling the lunar-astral bodies and egos of deceased personalities.

[edit on 24-12-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I believe you should treat not just women but everyone with equal respect. If you believe in the end we are just souls temporarily visiting the Earth to help others and learn new things before our next adventure, our souls could arrive in any human body whether it is female or male. I don't know where I read this, but I read our physical bodies are frail while our souls are invincible.

In my opinion, if one dies and your soul returns to earth in another body, your invincible soul could return to the frail body of either sex. So yes I think it is a good idea to show respect for women but please show respect to everyone else as well. If you toss aside the body, we have nothing left but our soul. Merry Christmas and happy holidays. my two cents.

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I'm not convicted in any particular faith, but I believe that whatever lies beyond death, does not include gender.

By the way, noone can listen to the voice of Jesus, just read what someone else says he said.

Men and women IMO are equal on the planes that matter. The planes of liberty, justice, and compassion.

I think I understand what your saying Queenannie. Let me know, but am I right in summarizing it like this? Man + woman = 1; 1=all.

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Thank you Byrd for answering the question I had planned to ask. Having read the bible many times, the "verses" quoted did not spark any memory cells in my recollection. I have (and have read/studied) about 8-9 different versions of the Bible but none of those words sounded familiar.
A tip for future posters of "scripture": please reference which translation you are using. It makes it easier for the reader to access/reference your source of information and comment appropriately.
Not a criticism, hifiguy, just a tip to help those of us who befuddle easily.

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Channeled? Inspired? Tongues? Angels talking to man? God Talking to Moses? Dreams?

A believer will tell you it can come from anywhere. And if anything,
perhaps it is a safeguard against the possibility of people deleting vital scriptures.

If one reads the Aquarian Gospel they will find a side of Christ that that may assist them with their faith....

The unbeliever will continually question the source, but the believer is continually listening for the shepard.

As for me...well....

I had a dream today.. Dec 24th...and this is what I saw:

I saw a Golden horse fighting in the land of the Canaanites...( Lol..and I didnt even know where it was until I looked it up..)

I dont know about you...but in the past months I have had dreams about raising my GF from the dead, Seeing Christ on the cross moving,
people running on water, 2 younger men with snow white hair, winged people with outstretched wings, and wings down around their body,
the sky darkening on an otherwise bright day, and now the Golden horse and something about fighting in the land of the Canaanites.

Those that know scripture..you tell me.

It has my attention..to be sure.

How many of you reading this would know a sign if you saw it ?

I tell you the truth, what I have written above, I have seen in my dreams. I have documented them....and I have seen more.

Btw...equality of all really isnt up for debate, or even a question.

Peace

[edit on 25-12-2006 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I think the title/original post of this thread should be edited to reflect the fact that the quoted statements are not from the canonized Bible or any other ancient source.

It's quite misleading as it is.

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 02:43 AM
link   
First of all, the what constitutes ancient?

And what about scriptures that werent even thrown out? Some of these werent even subject to the Council.

Christ walked the land. More then 4 people saw him. The scriptures are alot like talking to 20 guys who all have their take on a football game they just saw...

but you see, people that dont get the message of Christ will continually bash findings if they dont come from the traditional sources...

When I say the we have a Bill of Rights in America and that we are all Equal...Am I right? of course I am.

Is there anything wrong with what I said? Is it any less valid then the actual portrayal of the Bill of rights? I got the jist of it...Are there really any technical details to Equality? Nope..only when people act non accordingly..then the Bill of Rights has to spell it out...

But you see..as in scriputre, somehow..we hold these truths that all men are created equal somehow didnt include African Americans at one point in time...

When do we make the logical conclusion about purpose in terms of Christ and the various faiths...are they just a feel good creation?
No..they are supposed to be a way of community that was supposed to love all and feed all..for all to partake in what is their God Given rights as human beings..

The message comes first. You can Rhodes Scholar it to death all you want and hash up what you thought he did or didnt mean...but like Christ...
if it dont add up to were all loved, that we should all love another as he loved us, that we are all Equal, and that death has no hold on us....well then its all just spin..

All the great minds of the world today who can put a man on the moon, give you a global cell phones, put software into most of the worlds computers, who can genetically engineer veggies so bugs wont eat them, make velcro and microwaves, who can make planes that fly 3 times the speed of sound, and build warships that carry 6000 men and can go around the world many times without refueling...

Somehow...we

still cant seem to stop someone from starving to death every 2.5 seconds..

oh..and the 40 million homeless South American Children....

Did I mention the 50% of Americans without health Care?

Oh..how about the 2.5 million homeless Americans...

Thats nothing compared to the 600 million WORLD WIDE>..

Need I go on? We like the tech. We like the research and the education credentials..

But feeding the hungry and housing the homeless somehow doenst make the top ten now days..but Christ bashing and argueing over details on love one another does...

Its really hard for me not to lash out at the scripture bashers...at what point do you realize that this earth is all of ours and that we as people, even in America, have made a mockery of humanitarian equality. Katrina.

Peace...

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Hifi guy, do you think you would of had or be having these dreams if you didn't know scripture? I doubt it. IMO they are just manifestations of things you already know. Like any other dream.

Another note on the equality of the sexes: It doesn't take a book, scripture, a verse, a chapter or anthing other than ones own reasoning, to realise that men and women are equal.

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by nextguyinline
Hifi guy, do you think you would of had or be having these dreams if you didn't know scripture? I doubt it. IMO they are just manifestations of things you already know. Like any other dream.

I am a 41 year old man.

How many here reading this..have seen the movies of Christ walking on water, raising people from the dead, feeling the nail holes in Christs hand, seeing Glimmering clouds in the sky.

And how many reading this have had dreams to this effect.

It was only until I made a personal commitment to change my life, and perform his will, that these events happened to me in my dreams..and some even when Ive been awake..which I have not listed.

So..to answer your question..at 41, ive seen all this stuff and more on TV and wherever else..

But it was only after I understood the message that I understood that Christ was showing us that Death wasnt the end.

That if we truly loved one another as one loves ones self means a giving society. That all men would walk happily in the gift of life that God has graced us with
One where systems are built according to whats best for our community and not whats best for a select few. Where there are no haves and have nots. For nothing on this Earth is really yours....it was given to you to use and share.

That a society that lives true Love and unity really has no need for currency. That money crimes, fraud, identity theft, and a host of other crimes wrought from greed and need would diminish and that ultimately the need for jails and prisons would be drastically reduced.

That starvation worldwide would end, and world unity would thrive...

Yes..these dreams came after I studied the scriptures...for what else could I have studied that may have inspired them? These dreams came in this last year. Most of Christs Miracles I have known for the majority of my life.

It was only until I wanted carry his will, that these dreams came to me.

This is what being inspired by Christ can do. When a brother gives his coat to a brother in need. Where a man with a bowl of food, shares with a man who has none.

This world was not yours to covet or keep for ones self...it was not to retain and sell gifts that were given freely to all men...

It was for all man, to share in the rewards and to be a good steward.

Start out with sincere Love for all people around you as though they are your child, or someone you love with ALL your heart...how would the world be...Imagine...On Earth as it is in Heaven...

Havent we seen that somehwere before?

Wink

Peace

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
You sound like a compassionate man. I'm glad that Jesus made you aware of things, and incited you to spread some love.

For me, I didn't need the man. I didn't need the book attributed to his teachings. All those things were in me already. For me, when I read things in that book that make sense, I think to myself 'duh!'. To me there is nothing new, or enlightening in that book.

I'd bet that if one were to ask a supremely compassionate, empathetic person to right down in a book, what they thought a good way to live would be, would probably produce the bible, the koran, the kabbalah. Only without the silly divine canotations.

It is not my intention to upset or provoke anyone with words like 'silly'. It's just my take on the things.

:edit: this is probably just as good as place, or person to ask this. Why didn't Jesus write his teachings down? Or did he? Why didn't his followers at the time, log his teachings? Or did they? Was Jesus illiterate? Were his disciples?

[edit on 25-12-2006 by nextguyinline]

posted on Dec, 25 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I knapped today..just after the post above..and these words came to me in a dream.

" Constantine numbered all writing systems "

Take it at face value..I have no idea what it means.

As far as Christ..one cannot give witness to ones self..and in that vein,
Ill post this...

A lawyer came and asked, What does messiah mean? and who has right to make messiah of a man? 16 And Jesus said, Messiah is one sent from God to seek and save the lost. Messiahs are not made by men. 17 In first of every age Messiah comes to light the way; to heal up broken hearts; to set the prisoners free. Messiah and the Christ are one. 18 Because a man claims to be Christ is not a sign that he is Christ. 19 A man may cause the streams to flow from flinty rocks; may bring storms at will; may stay tempestuous winds; may heal the sick and raise the dead, and not be sent from God. 20 All nature is subservient to the will of man, and evil man, as well as good, have all the powers of mind, and may control the elements. 21 The head gives not the proof of true messiahship, for man by means of intellect, can never know of God, nor bring himself to walk in light. 22 Messiah lives not in the head, but in the heart, the seat of mercy and of love. 23 Messiah never works for selfish gains; he stands above the carnal self; his words and deeds are for the universal good. 24 Messiah never tries to be a king, to wear a crown and sit upon an earthly throne. 25 The king is earthy, of the earth; Messiah is the man from heaven. 26 And then the lawyer asked, Why do you pose as king? 27 And Jesus said, No man has ever heard me say that I am king. I could not sit in Caesar's place and be the Christ. 28 Give unto Caesar what belongs to him; give unto God the treasures of your heart.

Indeed, you may have no use for the man, but he needs men like you to change what is not right in the world to what is right...

Peace

top topics

<<   2 >>

join