It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Vision: Charity lacks Reality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Wold Vision and other charities of that nature. When I talk of this charity I am specifically referring to their appeals for children in third world countries.

Quite frankly, I'm sick of it. Their appeals quite often feature an ill child desperate for food and water.
The latest advert I saw had a child in a small village saying "Me and my brother need to walk two kilometers to the lake every day, for a bucket of water." (Shows him limping with a stick) "We only eat one meal a day."

First of all, that is their own way of life. They have lived like that for centuries, and are used to it. Western society may believe that for the third world country, life it is worse off. This is not the case. Reality is that life is simply different.

Companies like World Vision have no right to impose their ideas of "a better" lifestyle on the lesser fortunate.
Companies like World Vision have no right make the fortunate feel guilty or bad for living their "comfortable" lifestyle.

What disgusts me most is that the charity gives hopes of expectations, that although they MAY be fulfilled there is NO chance of it being maintained.

join