It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones confronts Ashcroft on Mancow!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Pretty interesting interview I found on Infowars.com
Ashcroft claims this article here www.cbsnews.com...
is a falsehood.
Does anybody believe what comes out of his mouth?
Listen to the interview here prisonplanet.com... and tell me what you all think.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I am not an Ashcroft fan. To me, the guy is as phony as a $3 bill.

Don't forget, he became A.G. after he lost his re-election bid to remain a US Senator from Missouri to a deceased opponent. He went on to contest the vote on the grounds that a deceased person could not be a resident of the state, and lost that, too.

The late Gov. Mel Carnahan collected enough votes to beat out incumbent Republican Sen. John Ashcroft for the U.S. Senate seat from Missouri.

The incumbent Ashcroft was left running against a dead man after his opponent, the popular sitting governor, died in a plane crash on October 16. By that time, it was too late to remove Carnahan's name from the ballot.

link

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
The problem with this interview is that that participants are removed; that is, being on a radio show, it's real easy to laugh and obfuscate while the other is on hold, which Ashcroft did.

Regarding Jones' three questions..

Q1. Why did Ashcroft (and others, Willie Brown etc) stop flying commercially around 9/11? What of the memo warning select people not to fly commercially?

This is a question that can never be proven. Instead of singling out Ashcroft or Brown on whether they flew or not, the question should have been "What of this now-public memo warning select personnel not to fly before 9/11?" Harder to dodge.

On a personal note, I've googled and can't find the memo itself, only people claiming its existence. If anyone's got an even remotely official source to the memo, I'd appreciate a hookup.

Q2. Why did the administration lie about not having warning regarding terrorists using planes on 9/11?

This one got dodged quite well with a non-answer.

Q3. What about Operation Northwoods and how it relates to the PNAC, in which the administration touches on a need for a "pearl harbor" type event to sway the American people into war?

Dodged. This one got like two seconds of consideration before they moved on.

I'm not a huge Jones fan, but considering the little prep time he had, the questions weren't too bad. But even the best, most earth-shattering question in the world can be defeated by non-answers in an unpersonal venue like radio.

Good post 11Bravo.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Thats funny...since John Ashcroft came to Des Moines, Iowa in July 2001 and we picked him and his bodyguard up at the United Airlines gate.........

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999
Thats funny...since John Ashcroft came to Des Moines, Iowa in July 2001 and we picked him and his bodyguard up at the United Airlines gate.........

Wow, you sound very important.
Do you remember if that was a tuesday or a thursday? Was it the fishing trip spoke about in this article here? Was it early July?

(CBS) Fishing rod in hand, Attorney General John Ashcroft left on a weekend trip to Missouri Thursday afternoon aboard a chartered government jet, reports CBS News Correspondent Jim Stewart.

So you remember picking him up at the airport huh?
Well I remember watching the news the evening of thursday july 26 2001 and I recall the news story about Ashcroft not flying commercial, just like it says here in this online CBS article.

In response to inquiries from CBS News over why Ashcroft was traveling exclusively by leased jet aircraft instead of commercial airlines, the Justice Department cited what it called a "threat assessment" by the FBI, and said Ashcroft has been advised to travel only by private jet for the remainder of his term.

And I thought to myself at the time that it was an odd news story.
So did you by chance happen to see exactly what plane he got off of? Did he come walking in with a crowd of other folks or was it just him and his bodyguard?

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Do you remember if that was a tuesday or a thursday? Was it the fishing trip spoke about in this article here? Was it early July?

It was a Tuesday morning in early July, his fishing trip came after this.

So you remember picking him up at the airport huh?

Of course I would remember meeting the Attorney General of the United States. What a silly question.

Well I remember watching the news the evening of thursday july 26 2001 and I recall the news story about Ashcroft not flying commercial, just like it says here in this online CBS article.

Good for you. Wow a CBS reporter who had their facts screwed up...imagine that....

So did you by chance happen to see exactly what plane he got off of? Did he come walking in with a crowd of other folks or was it just him and his bodyguard?

Well lets see...since we (our church) had invited him to speak, we paid for the two first class tickets for him and his bodyguard........

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Lol 11Bravo = Owned by Swampfox

I was warned not to fly commercial flights before 9/11... does that mean I am in on 9/11? No...

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctorfungi
Lol 11Bravo = Owned by Swampfox

I was warned not to fly commercial flights before 9/11... does that mean I am in on 9/11? No...

Your powers of deduction are dismal, and the maturity of saying 'giggle giggle you were owned' shows me that intellectually you are retarded.

So how does Swampfox (his word is gospel truth?) saying that he picked up Ashcroft in early July, BEFORE this article came out prove that Ashcroft was flying commercial AFTER the 21st when this article is dated?

If you have anything of value to add to this thread please do Doc, but if you just want to giggle like a school girl and make immature 'ownt' comments then please run along to the UFO threads or where-ever your ilk dwells.

The article even QUOTES Ashcroft.

"I don't do threat assessments myself and I rely on those whose responsibility it is in the law enforcement community, particularly the FBI. And I try to stay within the guidelines that they've suggested I should stay within for those purposes," Ashcroft said.

Do you believe that Jim Stewart of CBS just pulled this quote out of his butt?
Do you think they were just 'bush bashers' in 2001 before we all found out how stupid Bush was?

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...
There is one from Faux news that confirms the CBS story.

"It was completely unrelated to this," Justice spokesman Mark Corallo said, referring to what the White House described as general information conveyed to President Bush in August that bin Laden's group might be planning to hijack planes.

Ashcroft declined to discuss the issue while visiting Thursday with Bulgarian justice officials in his office. Ashcroft walked from the room without comment when a reporter asked about it.

So Ashcroft walks out of the room when asked about it.
I guess the people we pay dont need to answer any questions we ask.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
I am not an Ashcroft fan. To me, the guy is as phony as a $3 bill.

Don't forget, he became A.G. after he lost his re-election bid to remain a US Senator from Missouri to a deceased opponent. He went on to contest the vote on the grounds that a deceased person could not be a resident of the state, and lost that, too.

The late Gov. Mel Carnahan collected enough votes to beat out incumbent Republican Sen. John Ashcroft for the U.S. Senate seat from Missouri.

The incumbent Ashcroft was left running against a dead man after his opponent, the popular sitting governor, died in a plane crash on October 16. By that time, it was too late to remove Carnahan's name from the ballot.

link

Thats one of the most overlooked aspects of Ashcroft, the fact that he lost an election to a dead man. He was/is a loser and a liar. So how did he become AG after he lost his election bid? Does anyone know?

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   
He was nominated by President Bush and confirmed by the Senate. I found an interesting speech in favor of his nomination by Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison of Texas which spins his loss of the Senate race to a dead Mel Carnahan in such a way as to make it seem he practically conceded after the death of his opponent, due to his character and integrity.

The people of America saw the true heart of John Ashcroft when his opponent, Mel Carnahan, died near the end of their race for the Senate. I was there for John Ashcroft after that tragic accident. I think John Ashcroft did not know what to do, just like everyone else. He had no intention of campaigning against a man who had just died, a man who had also served the State of Missouri so well. He had no intention of campaigning against his widow when she made the decision that she would take the appointment of the Governor if Mr. Carnahan won the election.

John Ashcroft kept his word. He kept his word and has never uttered a word about Mrs. Carnahan. So I think when he was ultimately defeated, his magnanimity in defeat also showed that he is a person of character first--character above public servant, character above partisan, character above everything else. He showed it at a time when he had nothing to gain, when he thought he probably would not be in public office again. But he did what was right from his heart. That is why I am supporting him for Attorney General of the United States.

link

Oh, puhleeeze!

Another interesting link in regard to Ashcroft's desire to inter American citizens labeled "enemy combatants" (sound familiar?) in camps came up as well. Seems the suspension of Habeas Corpus recently signed into law by President Bush was his idea. Great guy.

"Attorney General John Ashcroft's announced desire for camps for U.S. citizens he deems to be 'enemy combatants' has moved him from merely being a political embarrassment to being a constitutional menace." Actually, ever since General Ashcroft pushed the U.S. Patriot Act through an overwhelmingly supine Congress soon after September 11, he has subverted more elements of the Bill of Rights than any attorney general in American history.

Under the Justice Department's new definition of "enemy combatant"—which won the enthusiastic approval of the president and Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld—anyone defined as an "enemy combatant," very much including American citizens, can be held indefinitely by the government, without charges, a hearing, or a lawyer. In short, incommunicado.

link

Maybe he should change his name to Goebbels.

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
From 11 Bravo:

So how does Swampfox (his word is gospel truth?) saying that he picked up Ashcroft in early July, BEFORE this article came out prove that Ashcroft was flying commercial AFTER the 21st when this article is dated

From the 9/11 Commission Report:

Can you supply the details, sir, regarding the threat which caused you to change from commercial to private leased jet?

ASHCROFT: ...Let me indicate to you that I never ceased to use commercial aircraft for my personal travel.

ASHCROFT: My wife traveled to Germany and back in August. My wife and I traveled to Washington, D.C., on the 3rd of September before the 17th -- before the 11th attack on commercial aircraft.

Anymore questions?

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Oops forgot that I borrowed that from www.911myths.com

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
So swampfox, check this out.

I have 2 sources prior to 9-11, CBS and Fox, saying that Ashcroft stopped flying commercial.
Then I have you saying 'thats not true, I picked him up at the airport'
Which you back up with quotes from the 9-11 commission where Ashcroft says
that those news articles are false.
Then I have a book written by members of the 9-11 commission, in it they state..
"accident investigations and public testimony by FAA and NORAD officials advanced an account of 9/11 that was untrue,”
Its not a stretch then to believe that "accident investigations and public testimony by John Ashcroft and the CIA advanced an account of 9/11 that was untrue"

I suggest you read David Griffens book '9/11 Commission, ommissions and distortions' for a clearer understanding of why I put zero stock in the commission or its findings.
Or as Bush says, fool me once, shame on you. Fool me once I wont get fooled again.

So again, to reiterate, I have two separate news sources that state Ashcroft had stopped flying commercial. Contradicted by you and Ashcrofts testimony.
I guess we could call it a tie on this one.
What do you have to say about the 'rumor' that Ashcroft was on cipro 2 weeks before the attacks?

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I have 2 sources prior to 9-11, CBS and Fox, saying that Ashcroft stopped flying commercial.

No, you have a source that states he was advised to travel only by chartered jet for the remainder of his term. Of course, that doesnt mean that he did.

Then I have you saying 'thats not true, I picked him up at the airport'

Well, at least you got that part right.

Then I have a book written by members of the 9-11 commission, in it they state.. accident investigations and public testimony by FAA and NORAD officials advanced an account of 9/11 that was untrue

So now the FAA and NORAD, become the CIA and John Ashcroft in your mind...Evel Kenevel couldnt make that jump. Besides from the moment they put Jamie Gorelick on the commission, I was wary of the Commissioners.

I suggest you read David Griffens book '9/11 Commission, ommissions and distortions' for a clearer understanding of why I put zero stock in the commission or its findings

ROTFLMAO, I put more stock into a book by Al Franken than I do a book by that hack.

What do you have to say about the 'rumor' that Ashcroft was on cipro 2 weeks before the attacks?

Just that..a RUMOR..

top topics

join