It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your attention is needed please...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:
JAK

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by marvinthemartian

Every member is welcome to ask questions over an action and as far as I am aware that has been the situation for as long as I have been here, some eight years now.

A member can either contact the member of staff directly by U2U or making use of the complaint feature (ATS Suggestions/Complaints Form) found under TOOLS and also accessible via your message centre top left, just above where it reads 'Your Private Messages' or alternatively you can make use of the 'Alert' feature and send an alert on your post. These last two options will automatically alert all staff to any concerns/issues.

Please note the text offered when submitting via 'complaint' feature though:

Members are encouraged to provide frank and honest feedback to forum staff. However, please be realistic, juvenile rantings about "nazis" staff will be ignored. Please help us build a better ATS by giving us your honest feelings, along with suggestions for change. Your complaints and suggestions will be posted and we will review your concerns.

We may not always agree with the argument offered but it will be seen and considered. We can get things wrong and we do apologise - that I know because I done so only recently, on top of U2U's offering my apology where it was relevant in the thread.

As I said, we may not agree but not only is it the case that every member DOES have the ability to question a particular member of staff over a decision but there is also the ability to bring the issue to the attention if ALL staff for consideration if so desired. I'd go so far as suggesting that not only has a good portion of my time here of late been spent talking with members via U2U but as a member of staff as that is where most of the 'work' takes place and with that said I don't like the suggestion that the situation is otherwise.

So, just to make it completely clear, everyone please note: You DO have that option.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JAK

Strange then that when asking for an explanation from a "ref" all i received was a standard terms and condition's blurb.

Even after i u2u'd the member i had been talking to when i was yellow carded to check he was'nt offended by my off the cuff and in my opinion amusing question, which he assured me he was'nt, and included this information in my next request for an explanation, again all i received was the same blurb.

So i thank you for your polite reply but my experience leads me to think we may have to agree to differ.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
*Blows whistle*

GAME ON!

Meh. I guess that head-butting thing to the face is right out now? It's my favorite trick.

"Darn, I thought your head was the ball! Sorry, mate"

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Nope.. It's a language that only another member (from Curacao) and myself can speak. Some portuguese speaking people can understand it though.

Okay, dammit, what DOES "Promo Bia" mean? I can sing the whole thing phonetically but not a friggin' clue what it's about. It could be about my attachment to Tinky Winky for all I know.

edit to add: if none of you guys have heard EQO, go to Youtube and listen. You cannot stay depressed and listen to this song. It's crack for my happy center.

edit to add further: Ramphys Tromp rules. That is all. And to stay on topic, if you don't agree, I'll attack you instead of the ball, and be added to the Vault O Doom.
edit on 24-12-2012 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Is that esperanto

edit on 24-12-2012 by marvinthemartian because: oops dyslexic

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by marvinthemartian

Papiamento, same as that song just above you. Only I don't know of anyone except bandit that speaks it. I sure don't.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
As a new person to this site, just wanted to say thanks for your time. I hear the pay is fantastic LOL. I have seen awesome sites go down due to a few who had no other goal than destruction. You've not asked members to curb their ideas or thoughts, just be respectful on how they present them. So thanks!

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

Where do we draw the line and contact the mods? While I may be a bit rash while dissecting a topic, I stay ON topic while others turn it into something personal. I let it go and let it go, and then things get heated up. I don't want to be running to the mods all of the time. If we do this then every thread will be shut down. lol

Plus, many threads have wording that may be taken as offensive or personal when the intent simply isn't there. Take a look at the last four words of the very first line in this thread You Are Delusional. Some members may take offense to lines such as this, but anyone with half a brain can see that this was not the OP's intent.

The written word cannot always convey whether someone is being playful or sarcastic.
edit on 12/24/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Well said sir.

JAK

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

All members are free to alert staff whenever they feel it might be wise, a little heads-up before it all kicks off can be greatly appreciated and help keep the thread on the right lines rather than staff having to go in late and try to clean up. When you choose to contact staff over a post is at your discretion but if an alert is send over a particular post members of staff will usually (sometimes in blatant violations it is not necessary) take a peek to try and understand the nature of the discussion and so the context. I've seen members here who I know frequently find themselves on opposing sides of a debate indulge in a little banter which may have been considered quite harsh by someone unaware of the relationship between them - just like opposing fans in a stadium where that is all part of the day out and adds to the atmosphere. I've also seen members rage about outrageous insults where in a reply to them someone has merely included the word ignorant in their response and obviously used it as a reference to the argument, not the individual.

Just like in football we see diving, rolling about on the floor and appeals for a penalty when there has been no contact whatsoever, even from those who don't need to do such a thing. (I'm looking at you Gareth Bale, stop that. You're far too good for such silliness).

As I said before anyone can contact staff in a number of ways but the fact is we simply may not see things the same as you, if then a reply seemingly dismissing a complaint appears to contain nothing but 'standard T&C's blurb' well, there's not much we can do about it. We do try to understand the flow of conversation, purposeful agitation, context, sly derailment all the little tricks those less scrupulous amongst us attempt to make use of to call foul, particularly when an argument is running out of steam and someone desperately needs a goal in the last minutes of extra time but as mentioned it can be difficult even at the best of times and it comes as no surprise then to understand that frequently someone can be left feeling unfairly treated.

The written word cannot always convey whether someone is being playful or sarcastic.

Absolutely and that is something which I referenced in my previous post. We can make mistakes, I have no problem whatsoever holding my hands up to that one immediately. We'll try to outline our position if requested to though and, unlike a footy ref we will listen to an appeal but sometimes, particularly in the heat of the moment, all a fan sees is the colour of their teams shirt and that a decision has gone against them.

No one wants to see football (soccer) turn into a non-contact sport but then again to enjoy the skill of the game:

there has to be limits:

Here we try to achieve a level of enjoyment and productive debate by requesting a certain level of civility is observed and that intentional attacks on the player are avoided.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join