It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your attention is needed please...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Haha...

It means: I don't know what you're talking about at all there... :p

posted on Feb, 11 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk
I'd hate to see this forum go the same way as Unexplained mysteries, where since I asked for my membership to be deleted

Why are you so proud that you made a point by leaving a forum? Who cares if you did, or if you do in the future? It's the game that matters, not that you played it.

Anyway, it's a good point Bandit. And the paragraph above was not a foul, but just friendly jawing.

Hey what can you say? Some ball players just have to grab a guy when he drives to the hoop. The "ball" as it were, tends to take on some of the sweat and vibrations of the people who are handling it in the thread. Cool analogy tho'.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I hate sports, and I think they should all be full-tackle without any sort of fouling rules
. Not sure how that translates into your analogy.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Papiamento, spanish papiando, funny it does sounds like patua to me, that is the mix of spanish and french or portuguese, my father can speak the mix.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I cannot stand sports.
Have you got another analogy!

Just kidding. I know what you meant.

[edit on 4-5-2007 by groingrinder]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
if i foul another player, on accident, then the other player comes at me, i have to defend myself right. actually no, i should tell the referee

i think there should be a system of technical fouls implemented on ATS. 2 techs and your out of the game for the day.
or something like that.

but i think everyone knows, the referee's arent always watching, so the person retalliatating gets caught. well i guess on a forum both parties get caught. so maybe its not the best comparison, ahhhh.....whatever.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
You will notice that when a player is called for a foul it's because he went after the opponent instead of the ball.

Excellent Analogy! There is too much of this going on, I've stayed out of the more serious threads, for this reason alone. Too many people are attacking the poster, instead of the issue, instead of the argument, instead of the discussion.

All that energy put into insulting the poster, or attacking them, or calling them nmes, really could be put to better use. Such as contributing a well-written response to the thread.

Just a thought..

- Carrot

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

You will notice that when a player is called for a foul it’s because he went after the opponent instead of the ball.

nope its cause the ref is biased ... BIASED i tell you !!!!!

sorry the urge to write that was overwhelming, ill try to control myself better in future.

I liked your analogy very apt

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Well I just wish soccer was more like ATS.

There should be an extra referee on the field

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Ah, but in most sports now if you get booked or receive a red card you can go to an ombudsman who will talk to both sides, view the footage and then announce whether the booking stands. . . Who on ATS do we turn to if we feel we've been unfairly treated?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

The Mods of course.

Use the complaint feature located in your member center.

Your question or concern then will be reviewed by several members of the staff.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

The Mods of course.

Use the complaint feature located in your member center.

Your question or concern then will be reviewed by several members of the staff.

Thanks for the prompt reply. Much appreciated.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Ball...Player...Player...Ball

Ok, got it!

(What was that part in the middle again?)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Why did this thread show up in recent posts, saying that Silo posted 22 minutes ago?

It's been like 4 years.

JAK

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by WoodSpirit

Because understanding the simple message in the opening post combines the benefits of both avoiding trouble on ATS and fostering the most productive debates.

It seemed particularly appropriate due to a number of posts I have noticed recently and so, for the benefit of us all, I bumped it.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by JAK

I get your point, but just curious how your "bump" makes it appear on the Recent posts page as if Silo just posted.

JAK

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
This ability to 'bump' so is just a tool to make a thread pop up in order to garner attention should staff feel it warranted/appropriate. I just made use of this instead of commenting as I didn't want to detract from the understanding that silo13 demonstrated which, in my eyes, so succinctly reiterates the simplicity of the OP.

Originally posted by TheBandit795
With this post, I command all ATS members (who are warned regularly) to watch mandatory football (soccer for U.S. nationals) and basketball (NBA preseason will suffice, or the other domestic leagues around the world).

Watch the games and watch the games good. Pay especially attention when fouls are being committed. Notice why a foul is commited. Please do!!!

You will notice that when a player is called for a foul it's because he went after the opponent instead of the ball.

I repeat:

You will notice that when a player is called for a foul it’s because he went after the opponent instead of the ball.

If you understand that you will make our jobs as moderators much easier...
Your points will grow much faster and you will avoid being banned because of moderators being sick and tired of discussing you again and again and again, or because of a vault filled with complaints from other members against you, because of you attacking them.

Thank you.

Bandit

Originally posted by silo13
Ball...Player...Player...Ball

Ok, got it!

(What was that part in the middle again?)

edit on 22/12/12 by JAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Good point well made and taken !!!

Is there a similar sanctions against any that dive in the penalty box.lol

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Oh my goodness.. you will never be able to make me watch football.

*dons foil hat*

Also I'm not a naughty so apparently it will never come up.
edit on 22-12-2012 by PrincessTofu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

Some times the ref gets it right and a foul is a cynical attack on an opposing player but,

some times it's blatantly obvious that the ref has not played the game and does not understand the difference between a foul and a perfectly fair but hard tackle.

We are all human which means we all make mistakes but why is it that you never hear a ref admit they made an error of judgement?

Is it because they believe they are always right or do they think they are more important than the game itself?

Either way is it fair that the players have no right of reply.

I think not.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join